+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue expert tanking

Telaran

Default Rogue expert tanking

Are rogues as good as Wars for tanking experts t1/t2 rifts? I dont plan to raid so expert level and rifts are my only concern.

Thanks

As funny as it sounds they are actually better if you know what you are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Soulwalker

Default what?

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    As funny as it sounds they are actually better if you know what you are doing.
    Not entirely untrue, as it depends on the player(s). 2 players with a solid understanding of class and game mechanics, will both excel in either class at tanking, but Warriors are the natural choice and have the ability to adapt to different situations, whereas rogues are correctly stuck with only one spec. If you want to master tanking, role a warrior as it give variety and choice based on situation...

Sez

Warriors can eat a sandwich IRL and hold threat. Rogues have to actually try.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Telaran

I actually have a lvl 50 war tank already which is fun with a couple of different tank specs but making a rogue one as well for fun.. thought who knows maybe I will like better

Quote Originally Posted by th3g3rmb0y View Post
    Not entirely untrue, as it depends on the player(s). 2 players with a solid understanding of class and game mechanics, will both excel in either class at tanking, but Warriors are the natural choice and have the ability to adapt to different situations, whereas rogues are correctly stuck with only one spec. If you want to master tanking, role a warrior as it give variety and choice based on situation...
    Agree with this. Rogue tanking is fun, and very mobile. You're plenty tough too, can take a hit if you get your mitigating skills up and running quickly. However, if there was one single place that I'd see Warrior tanks having an advantage, it's in being able to spec terrific AOE threat skills through the Reaver tree. Rogue tanking, I have found, sometimes gets hairy with multiple mobs, because you have to, in quick succession, a) get your mitigation buffs up on yourself, b) establish and hold threat on mobs. In cases where you get stunned early on, or where you have an AOE-happy party member, this can be a challenge. In Expert dungeons it might be the difference between life and death.

It sure makes for fun sport. And as noted, if you know what you're doing, and your party does too, you'll do just fine through to end boss and phat lewtz.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

+ Reply to Thread