+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranger: Divert Rage question

Default Ranger: Divert Rage question

So I am working on leveling my Rogue up as quickly as I can.
    Right now, I am using a Ranger/MM/Sin setup at level 20.

My plan was to use my pet to aggro mobs, then for me to take them down from range. I thought this would be efficient way to quickly level up instead of fighting things one on one, which could take forever.

Anyway, I was testing this last night (level 20) and I pulled a couple mobs by shooting one, targeting the next, shoot, target next, shoot etc. I pulled 4 on this test.

My pig attacked the first one I shot, and the other 3 came after me. I tried to circle back around to my pig and hit the 'divert rage' key, but it did not seem to work. I ended up just jumping around and kiting the mobs without dieing, but things did not go the way I planned.

My question to others is, is there a better way to more effectively use 'divert rage'? I must be doing something wrong, because it was not working last night.

For example, do I need to be within a certain distance of my pig when i trigger 'divert rage'?

Ideally, I wanted to pull 3-5 mobs, divert them to my pig, fire from range and heal my pet as needed.

Hoping for some help here from others.

Thanks,

TCG

You have to actually attack the mob for the aggro to be transferred to your pet. Your best bet, imo, is to pop Divert Rage and then aoe the mobs. This will get all of the aggro on your pet. Watch out though, your pet will take a lot of damage quickly and might die, so you should have heals rolling on your pet first.
    Kazuko - Defiant Rogue - Dayblind
    Kyber - Defiant Cleric - Dayblind
    Jo - Defiant Warrior - Dayblind

Rift Master

I can't confirm it but my guess is your pet was never on the aggro list and maybe that is why divert rage didn't work. Next time try sending in your pet first then start your attack.

Also my understanding of divert rage is it only transfer aggro gained AFTER you hit the skill. It does not transfer all your aggro to the pet. I could be wrong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythas View Post
    You have to actually attack the mob for the aggro to be transferred to your pet. Your best bet, imo, is to pop Divert Rage and then aoe the mobs. This will get all of the aggro on your pet. Watch out though, your pet will take a lot of damage quickly and might die, so you should have heals rolling on your pet first.
    Ahh. Ok.
    I thought I was attacking the mob, but maybe not.

Here is an example of what I was trying and maybe we can see where I was not doing it right.

Was in Freemarch and I attacked one of those wolfs (the wolfs were kinda spread out a bit). So I attacked wolf #1 and the pig attacked it. I then attacked wolf #2 (little farther away), then attacked wolf #3 (closer to #2, but had to shoot it to gain aggro). After I have those 2 chasing me, I then popped divert rage.

Building upon that, if enemies are spread out a bit, does popping divert rage still work that way?
    Meaning, pop divert rage, shot enemies 1, 2 and 3 and they will start attacking my pig?
    Guess I need to test more.

Thanks,

TCG

Hit divert rage first, then an aoe skill. For an invasion cluster I'll send the pig while I shadow fire, then hit divert rage, trick shot to 5 combo points and concussive blast. From that point on you'll be able to pewpew at will.

But still it's almost always best to shoot the mobs your pig is on...

Mostly I use divert rage for raiding or experts, try keep from pulling mobs off the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulch View Post
    Hit divert rage first, then an aoe skill. For an invasion cluster I'll send the pig while I shadow fire, then hit divert rage, trick shot to 5 combo points and concussive blast. From that point on you'll be able to pewpew at will.

But still it's almost always best to shoot the mobs your pig is on...

Mostly I use divert rage for raiding or experts, try keep from pulling mobs off the tank.
    Ahh. I will give this a shot.
    Your rotation is very much what I am trying to do.
    This is for a PvE solo build, attempting to level as quickly as possible.

Thanks!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thecoffeeguy View Post
    Ahh. I will give this a shot.
    Your rotation is very much what I am trying to do.
    This is for a PvE solo build, attempting to level as quickly as possible.

Thanks!
    Read this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...love-the-Rogue

Bladedancer/Rift Scavenger slaughters every other build for grind speed and downtime, and its not even close. Lose the pig.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Read this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...love-the-Rogue

Bladedancer/Rift Scavenger slaughters every other build for grind speed and downtime, and its not even close. Lose the pig.
    Very cool.
    Thank you. I will take a look.
    This will work for me at my current level (20)? If so, I am sold.

Very cool.
    Thank you. I will take a look.
    This will work for me at my current level (20)? If so, I am sold.
    I used this build while leveling, it does work great. However, I believe it will work best after about level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythas View Post
    I used this build while leveling, it does work great. However, I believe it will work best after about level 30.
    Ahh. Gotcha. Well, guess I need to hurry up and hit level 30.

Appreciate the help.

Ahh. Gotcha. Well, guess I need to hurry up and hit level 30.

Appreciate the help.
    Just thought of one more thing, if you will read though the linked guide, a few pages in the poster links specs for pre 50 builds. Very helpful really.

+ Reply to Thread