+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions of our abilities?

Soulwalker

Default Questions of our abilities?

Hi rogues of Telara,

With another rogue in my guild, we search to become a little bit better.

And when we look in our abilities in our templates, we see for example :

Blast Charge
    20 Meter Range30 Energy
    Instant
    Attaches a Charge onto the enemy, dealing weapon plus 102 to 106 Physical damage per Charge when detonated. Up to 5 Charges can be attached onto the enemy. Energy is refunded if the Rogue is out of combat. Awards 1 Combo Point.

I want to know which weapons did they use to calculate damage. Is it main hand, off hand, ranged weapon or maybe a calcul this 3 weapons?

If someone have an aswer it will be great.

Friendly Dorobo, from Centius.

Shadowlander

Its main hand weapon damage unless specified elsewhere. This is why for a sab spec an axe in mainhand is better than a dagger, the weapon damage will be higher with the same dps. Weapon speed only makes a difference for proc-ing bleeds.

Sab is a melee soul, regardless of all the abilities being ranged. If you want to auto attack with a bow when at range you need to have ranger or marksman as a side soul.

Plane Touched

It will use you main hand weapon unless you have one of your 3 souls as Marksman or Ranger and stand at range, in which case it will use your ranged weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanticore View Post
    This is why for a sab spec an axe in mainhand is better than a dagger, the weapon damage will be higher with the same dps. Weapon speed only makes a difference for proc-ing bleeds.
    It doesn't matter which weapon goes in the main hand if they have the same DPS. An axe with the same DPS as a dagger will not make your attacks do different damage.
    Last edited by Taril; 07-12-2011 at 04:08 AM.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Taril View Post
    It doesn't matter which weapon goes in the main hand if they have the same DPS. An axe with the same DPS as a dagger will not make your attacks do different damage.
    Er, yes it will (at least if the skills take into account mainhand weapon damage rather than DPS). The axe would be slower and thus deal more damage per hit (and contribute more to skills) than a faster dagger of the same level.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mr JD Gumby View Post
    Er, yes it will (at least if the skills take into account mainhand weapon damage rather than DPS). The axe would be slower and thus deal more damage per hit (and contribute more to skills) than a faster dagger of the same level.
    Er, no it won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Plane Walker

It is my understanding that weapon top end is pretty much meaningless, and that the dps is the number used in calculations.

It is also my understanding that having atleast a 0 point ranged soul, and standing at ranged, as previously mentioned, allows your charges to use your ranged weapon for calculations. In most cases your ranged weapon is your highest damage weapon, so this is a good thing. Which leads to the cookie cutter spec 20/sin/44sab/2rng.

Also I find blast charge to be a good fill in for shrapnel charge on the rare occasions you need to do specific single target damage, but it is a loss compared to a 5xspike - 5xshrap rotation

According to some people its 60% of each weapons dps. Not sure if its true or not.

But what i do know for sure is that if you have a ranged soul tree and are at range when applying charges, it uses your ranged weapon to calculate the dmg
    Last edited by Blays; 07-12-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    According to some people its 60% of each weapons dps. Not sure if its true or not.

But what i do know for sure is that if you have a ranged soul tree and are at range when applying charges, it uses your ranged weapon to calculate the dmg
    Paragon skills have been reported to work like that, and I assume any skill that use two weapons would work like that as well. Anything that else just uses mainhand, as far as I'm aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Paragon skills have been reported to work like that, and I assume any skill that use two weapons would work like that as well. Anything that else just uses mainhand, as far as I'm aware.
    Yeah, things just use main hand damage unless stated otherwise (See Paragons attacks that use both weapons and I believe a couple of Bladedancer attacks use offhand only)

Also to the Axe vs Dagger thing, abilities that say "Weapon damage + X" use a weapons DPS rather than their damage ranges.

The damage ranges on weapons just affect Auto-Attacks and I guess let people accuratly determine a weapons DPS (From a test I did I concluded that the DPS figure is rounded to 1 decimal place, while attacks don't use the rounded figure causing a minor difference in damage)
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

+ Reply to Thread