+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Gearing

Soulwalker

Default PVP Gearing

First off I want to thank Dunsparrow and Chainz for all the info they provide in there blogs. Good stuff. However, one thing I never saw discussed was how to purchase your high rank gear efficiently for the most bang for favor improvements.

Okay so I'm pretty close to rank 6 now and was just wondering should I go straight for weapons, or should I go main hand and then re place my rank 2 body pieces with rank 6.

I guess what I'm asking is which is more beneficial initially. The damage from the off hand, or the stats from gear. I didn't know if our attack's damage was a combination of both weapons dps or just the main hand like how wow was.

Thanks for your help,
    Bitties

One small question:
    Are you going to continue Pvping after fully geared in R5/R6
    If the answer is YES, Why bother cracking your brain to find out which is a better route. You get everything in the end.
    If the answer is NO, why bother gearing?
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Champion

If you've already got a 29+ dps MH or a 36+ dps gun/bow (depending on whether you favor range or melee), I would upgrade your rank 1-2 armor first, MH or ranged weapon second, rings/neck third, and offhand + whichever weapon other weapon you skipped last. If you don't have a decent weapon already, by all means grab a rank 6 one first. The offhand's damage does nothing for rogues other than increasing the damage of Precision Strike and Quick Strike.

Also, congratulations on approaching rank 6. If you're the same Bitties from the Amardis/Epoch/Neddra/etc battle-group, I commend you for being able to do it with mostly NB specs. I've never been able to go back after the BD buffs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    If you've already got a 29+ dps MH or a 36+ dps gun/bow (depending on whether you favor range or melee), I would upgrade your rank 1-2 armor first, MH or ranged weapon second, rings/neck third, and offhand + whichever weapon other weapon you skipped last. If you don't have a decent weapon already, by all means grab a rank 6 one first. The offhand's damage does nothing for rogues other than increasing the damage of Precision Strike and Quick Strike.

Also, congratulations on approaching rank 6. If you're the same Bitties from the Amardis/Epoch/Neddra/etc battle-group, I commend you for being able to do it with mostly NB specs. I've never been able to go back after the BD buffs.
    Yeah the same, I have been considering the switch, I have a lot of fun with the 51NB, and I do 51Sin for fun every now and then. Probably gonna try a BD spec this week. I get bored with the MM specs easy for some reason even though it's what I made a rogue for originally.

Which one do you play? If you don't mind sharing.

I have the port bow, and 2 R4 daggers. I already bought the R6 main hand, so maybe get the bow and then replace R2 body pieces?

I'm almost r6 as well, and I started off by buying a couple r3 pieces and then saving for the r5 pieces. I have the two rings, boots, and belt so far. Right now I'm saving for the r6 pieces then replacing whatever pieces I have on last.

I'd wait for the weapons because I think having the valor (not melting to people immediately) is better than some weapons.
    <Retired>

Champion

38mm/17sin/11nb is my favorite WF spec by far. It's simple and effective, but requires a lot of the r6 stuff to not fold to any given rogue or warrior.

For melee specs I prefer sin/bd variants like 34sin/21bd/11nb, 34sin/27bd/5sab, and 33sin/21bd/12inf. The one with 11 nb is probably the best overall since it has the highest damage output and the utility of lost hope (it's invaluable even without the codex abuse).

If you're going to play ranged exclusively, you should grab the bow. If you're going to play melee or bard on any sort of regular basis, I would say get the armor first.

+ Reply to Thread