+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leveling pvp build

Rift Disciple

Default Leveling pvp build

So yea i'm pretty much tired of questing in this game as i allready have 3 level 50s.

I then thought to myself i'd actually like to level through warfronts.

So right now i'm looking for a melee pvp build, that i can level comfortable with in warfronts.

So if anyone would be kind to put me in the diraction of great build, i'd very much appreciate it.

Rift Disciple

Oh yea forgot to mention i am currently level 35.

Shadowlander

I'm currently using this build.

I took it from someone here in forums I think, but I tried sin, and got bored really quickly (even w/ Slip Away). Went to this NB build, keep up cloudy poison and fel blades, and I pretty much just target casters. Luckily in my WFs, there is definitely no shortage of them.

Pros: Clerics are REALLY fun to fight against (I was able to kill a couple of 38-39s as 32-34), mages are sometimes, and ranged rogues are relatively fun to fight. Also in a group setting, just you attacking somebody essentially helps your team w/ the heal debuff.

Cons: It's almost instant lose against warriors (1v1), but from what I've noticed, that's often the case no matter what you spec.

I made a few macros, but mostly manually trigger everything. And if I find myself trying to 1 on 1 against a non caster, I did macro a double tap buff of Hellfire and fel blades.

Definitely still learning to play it, but it's been a LOT of fun in the process.

Champion

I did near the same except i started in the 20s lol. I play and since then always have played a NB/BD/SAB and its worked fantastically for me, i havn't tried a strieght assassin but thats only because i prefer being completely usefull in group play ;D

What it does is gives you moves for every situation, good melee dps to take down targets, enough utility to stay active and in controll of almost any situation(even at range), and enough survivability to keep it all going. So far its been a counter to any class ive fought ;D (at 38 an anti dps fighter spec for sure, anything really besides those stupid justicar/shamman clerics.. )
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MViT.xckh.VhtkuogooR (then just keep adding all points possible to NB and the leftovers to BD)

Main combos:
    lost hope or dark containment(7 sec stagger)->5 charges->scourage of darkness
    this sets up a fantastic start or finisher to any fight, about 1.4k dmg built up on the guy before he even has a chance to land a blow

Stealth->ebon fury->dark malody->2*dusk strike->deadly strike(finisher, +105% dmg on next 3 combo generating moves)->3*dusk strike->.. exc...exc..
    A tank/cleric take down, all death damage and a metric shi*load of it at that.

Bladedancer macro:
    riposte->precision stike->quick strike->keen strike
    amazing consistent dps to ensure those health bars keep dropping all fight

the Ideal Approach:
    5 charges->scourage of darkness->reach target->dusk strike->keen strike->precision strike->deadly strike->riposte or keen strike->detonate
    Ends up being a 5 (sometimes less) sec kill (when in melee range) on all medium or less armored targets without good heals, if not just keep beating them away for another 5 seconds or so untill their health does reach that 20% and then blow the charges ;D
    Last edited by garethh; 07-12-2011 at 09:05 AM.

If I might slightly hijack this thread, is Infiltrator worth putting many points in? I'm level 14 as of this posting, mostly been doing Bard/RB and 0 NB for the mobile DoT. Having a lot of fun with it, but early on does the Infiltrator soul offer many benefits?

If not, hey at least I got it early.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cubinh View Post

I took it from someone here in forums I think, but I tried sin, and got bored really quickly (even w/ Slip Away). Went to this NB build, keep up cloudy poison and fel blades, and I pretty much just target casters. Luckily in my WFs, there is definitely no shortage of them.

Pros: Clerics are REALLY fun to fight against (I was able to kill a couple of 38-39s as 32-34), mages are sometimes, and ranged rogues are relatively fun to fight. Also in a group setting, just you attacking somebody essentially helps your team w/ the heal debuff.

Cons: It's almost instant lose against warriors (1v1), but from what I've noticed, that's often the case no matter what you spec.

I made a few macros, but mostly manually trigger everything. And if I find myself trying to 1 on 1 against a non caster, I did macro a double tap buff of Hellfire and fel blades.

Definitely still learning to play it, but it's been a LOT of fun in the process.
    Thank you very much for this, this is exactly the kind of build i wanted very much appreciated .

cubinh your link isnt working unfortunately, i would love to see what you've come up with as it sounds pretty fun

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    If I might slightly hijack this thread, is Infiltrator worth putting many points in? I'm level 14 as of this posting, mostly been doing Bard/RB and 0 NB for the mobile DoT. Having a lot of fun with it, but early on does the Infiltrator soul offer many benefits?

If not, hey at least I got it early.
    I'm not sure exactly how the 10% armor penetration works (the first bonus in the infiltrator tree), butstill i don't think so, the control break only starts being really good later on (around late thirties early forties) when classes start semi consistently having nasty stuns/roots/fears. Also i don't think you get any of the other abilities, like the 5 second immune to magical effects untill 50, makeing the tree even worse.

So to answer your question, no it isn't unless you have a near entirely useless 0 point tree in your spec.

Champion

Hes probably useing a 33 NB/8 BD/5 INF spec;

its basically the same as mine except...
    -instead of getting deadly dance
    (makes a finisher also cause your next 3 combo generating moves to do +105% damage)
    -and sabeteur
    (gives you a great move to use at range and an aoe snare)
    +he got a poison that increases casting times by 25%
    (you can only have 2 poisons so it ovewrites hellfire blades wich does good damage and triggers a 5% bonus to damage after it applies)
    +and also a CC break on a 2 minute cooldown
    (a handy lifesaver at times very useful verse dps fighters and some rogues)
    Last edited by garethh; 07-12-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Samoajoe View Post
    Thank you very much for this, this is exactly the kind of build i wanted very much appreciated .

cubinh your link isnt working unfortunately, i would love to see what you've come up with as it sounds pretty fun
    Sorry I'm an idiot.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...d.V0tRGoxRos.x

try that.

I'm currently working up BD tree to get deadly dance.

Rift Disciple

I just did my first WF with your specc Garethh and what can i tell you. I'm in love it's just my playstyle and i really wreck face with it.
    Thank you!!

Thanks for linking your build again Cubinh, i'll probably try it out tomorrow when i wake up again

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    Hes probably useing a 33 NB/8 BD/5 INF spec;

its basically the same as mine except...
    -instead of getting deadly dance
    (makes a finisher also cause your next 3 combo generating moves to do +105% damage)
    -and sabeteur
    (gives you a great move to use at range and an aoe snare)
    +he got a poison that increases casting times by 25%
    (you can only have 2 poisons so it ovewrites hellfire blades wich does good damage and triggers a 5% bonus to damage after it applies)
    +and also a CC break on a 2 minute cooldown
    (a handy lifesaver at times very useful verse dps fighters and some rogues)
    Yeah essentially, I'm kind of dim. So NB was REALLY new to me so I had to learn its moves, rotations, etc that I would use/like. I realized that when I had deadly dance, I would be too focused on spamming that. Once I get NB down pretty well, I'll have deadly dance anyway, I think.

Also, I specifically went for a caster-killer because my main is a 50 cleric, so I noticed certain specced rogues destroyed my Warden (instant-cast HOTs). Since every Cleric-pvp guide says to use Warden, I thought it'd be a good idea to return the favor. I must say, it's worked beautifully in the 30s bracket.

Champion

Yeah essentially, I'm kind of dim. So NB was REALLY new to me so I had to learn its moves, rotations, etc that I would use/like. I realized that when I had deadly dance, I would be too focused on spamming that. Once I get NB down pretty well, I'll have deadly dance anyway, I think.

Also, I specifically went for a caster-killer because my main is a 50 cleric, so I noticed certain specced rogues destroyed my Warden (instant-cast HOTs). Since every Cleric-pvp guide says to use Warden, I thought it'd be a good idea to return the favor. I must say, it's worked beautifully in the 30s bracket.
    hmm.. caster killers. Most of the time i would have to say that is 51 assassin rogues. Nothing beats their 2 stuns and then extreme spike damage. Nightblades do a fair amount less damage (hence their need for bladedancer/marksmen or even assassin to be competative) but give some very nice debuffs, buffs and CC, making them pretty valuable in group play.

But takeing down a healing cleric.. wow uhm your best shot to solo him down is definitely assassin, but if you plan on fighting him with 1 or 2 other people also there on your side, nightblade would be a better help because of the incoming heal debuff.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    hmm.. caster killers. Most of the time i would have to say that is 51 assassin rogues. Nothing beats their 2 stuns and then extreme spike damage. Nightblades do a fair amount less damage (hence their need for bladedancer/marksmen or even assassin to be competative) but give some very nice debuffs, buffs and CC, making them pretty valuable in group play.

But takeing down a healing cleric.. wow uhm your best shot to solo him down is definitely assassin, but if you plan on fighting him with 1 or 2 other people also there on your side, nightblade would be a better help because of the incoming heal debuff.
    in the 30s bracket, at least for me, my sin didn't have enough burst to kill anything. Also, as a cleric, if the initial burst didn't kill me, I KNEW I'd be 100% health in no time against a sin. I was 31 sin before I went NB. In fact, I normally pvp'd as bard/sab (SO much fun) since my sin sucked so much. When I went NB, I at least play 50/50 depending on the situation...

Rift Disciple

in the 30s bracket, at least for me, my sin didn't have enough burst to kill anything. Also, as a cleric, if the initial burst didn't kill me, I KNEW I'd be 100% health in no time against a sin. I was 31 sin before I went NB. In fact, I normally pvp'd as bard/sab (SO much fun) since my sin sucked so much. When I went NB, I at least play 50/50 depending on the situation...

What was your Bard/Sab spec?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by WebBull View Post
    What was your Bard/Sab spec?

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MTcb.xVocp.Eco0Vosko

I basically just play bard stuff, and then in between things, I support flag runners, etc w/ bombs. I use charges/det a lot in opening rushes.

I'll be honest, I first made this spec because I saw a post somewhere about soloing elites w/ bard mez and charges w/ traps., etc. But bard is so helpful in pvp, it worked well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast