+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Synergy Crystal Specs - New Builds Based on Set Bonuses

Soulwalker

Default Synergy Crystal Specs - New Builds Based on Set Bonuses

I would like to create a new theorycrafting thread here for new builds based entirely on the synergy crystals - what new specs do these set bonuses bring into the game? Please post your ideas with me!

For starters, I would like to find a Nightblade build that would work well enough WITHOUT deadly dance, i.e. primary nightblade (32ish at least) points and using blazing strike as finisher to take advantage of the crystal buff.

Have several ideas, but for now I'll just post this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oc.V0z.0VRcxob

Uses sin passives for best+dmg all around (I think) and picks up 5% crit and 46 attack power from ranger after getting the best dps stuffs from nightblade.

Using lingering flame works in a ranger (opportunity) like 4cp rotation for quick spamming of blazing strike, which i estimate will be 2nd, if not first above fiery spike.

Rotation would be something like
    1: dark malady -> fiery spike-> backstab -> fiery -> blazing strike
    2: puncture -> primal strike -> fiery -> scourge of darkness
    3: dusk strike -> primal-> backstab -> fiery spike -> blazing
    4: puncture -> primal -> backstab -> blazing

Then DPS cooldowns would be ebon fury rotation
    1: ebon fury -> 2x dusk -> fiery -> scourge
    2: 3x dusk -> blazing

If you must run out of boss range
    1: twilight force -> fiery spike -> 2x quick shot -> flame thrust

No idea if this would actually pull 2k ish numbers like the other popular dps specs out there, but I would love feedback from my valued roguey community on how to make the best (synergy crystal enhanced) nightblade PVE spec
    Last edited by Akashe; 07-11-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Soulwalker

Default same

That is pretty much the same build as the 1.1 patch version =)
    And the way NB is set it could potentially be the top 2 off-souls
    Last edited by Eldrene; 07-12-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrene View Post
    That is pretty much the same build as the 1.1 patch version =)
    And the way NB is set it could potentially be the top 2 off-souls
    oh, I wasnt playing during 1.1 hehe - just started at like the end of 1.2

Rift Disciple

Im really interested in the MM synergy crystal at the moment.
    12% more damage and 10% energy reduction.
    With Fervor or Living energy you'll never need energy again.
    Also the possibility to use the normal hit and run without taking a massive DPS loss due to being energy starved. Saving tons of unused or unneeded points to get improved.

Best I can pull right now is 1200 DPS solo buffed on the boss dummy in a ranged build. (no one else attacking it)

I wish I could spend days testing builds but I kept my bags clean and didnt have extra sets to get the synergy crystals...

well pre 1.3 the top nb raidbuild was more like 28 nb 19 bd 19 sin. no?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    well pre 1.3 the top nb raidbuild was more like 28 nb 19 bd 19 sin. no?
    think so, but it didnt use blazing strike, just scourge of darkness and still relied on deadly dance to increase dps just like all the other melee specs right?

trying to find a way to shy away from deadly dance, even though it is the most dps increasing talent for nightblade via deadly dance'd fiery spikes

Rift Disciple

fiery spike still doesnt scale with your gear so it will get even worse with the new raidequipment compared to skills using +50% or +100% ap.
    I think thats the big problem of raiding as NB, that one of your mainabilities needs to be stacked and doesnt scale.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    fiery spike still doesnt scale with your gear so it will get even worse with the new raidequipment compared to skills using +50% or +100% ap.
    I think thats the big problem of raiding as NB, that one of your mainabilities needs to be stacked and doesnt scale.
    Yeah I agree which is why this build is difficult to make heh - Trion should really put a point scaling fiery spike modifier in the tree. Like, on lingering flames there should be a "for every point spent in the nightblade tree above 20 points fiery spike does 0.5% more damage" or something. That way it could scale a bit with more NB points at least. that would be like 15% more dmg with 51 points in NB

Champion of Telara

Link to synergy crystals?

Quote Originally Posted by Akashe View Post
    think so, but it didnt use blazing strike, just scourge of darkness and still relied on deadly dance to increase dps just like all the other melee specs right?

trying to find a way to shy away from deadly dance, even though it is the most dps increasing talent for nightblade via deadly dance'd fiery spikes
    no pre 1.3 we used blazing strike with it. deadly dance was improved with 1.3 and overshadowed this build. sadface. the 50% autoattack nerf didnt helped here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    no pre 1.3 we used blazing strike with it. deadly dance was improved with 1.3 and overshadowed this build. sadface. the 50% autoattack nerf didnt helped here as well.
    No, we used that build in 1.1.
    Rogue buffs came in 1.2 and getting fixed in 1.3 (sabodancer).

oh well, i mean pre 1,2 then thx.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

What's old is new again. Congrats on rediscovering the cookie-cutter NB raid-DPS build, circa March 2011. Sabdancer will slaughter it with the much-better set bonuses from the BD crystal.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 07-12-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Champion of Telara

The NB crystal looks like it'll up DPS by around 10% -- one of the better values.

The BD one makes me laugh with the buff to B&SP and Dualism, but the AP stack should be a solid 3-8% DPS increase depending on how much it adds. I find it ironic that they're trying to 'fix' deep Bladedancer which this crystal ****, whereas the crystals actually add value for every other Soul.

Sab one will up DPS by around 3%, small. Will have to consistently time the Incriminates for Shrap sets.

Assassin one will see a ~6% DPS increase, decent.

Might almost be worth giving NB another whirl just for ****s and giggles. Blazing Strike will be up to a what, +54% damage bonus, with another 2-30% from Heat Retention? Maybe pull a 24 Ranger split.

Note that the NB crystal gives a 50% damage boost to Scourge. Scourge is pretty badass as-is. This is actually a major boost for NB PvP.

Which is also another point: 51 Bladedancer might be entertaining in PvP, where you can hit the cooldowns and pump out pew pew pew. Seriously, check dualism out and consider the burst damage potential. Still probably not worth it, but ohwell right?

I bet with Dualism up, with Deadly Dance, you could crit a Precision or Quick for 3k

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    The NB crystal looks like it'll up DPS by around 10% -- one of the better values.

The BD one makes me laugh with the buff to B&SP and Dualism, but the AP stack should be a solid 3-8% DPS increase depending on how much it adds. I find it ironic that they're trying to 'fix' deep Bladedancer which this crystal ****, whereas the crystals actually add value for every other Soul.

Sab one will up DPS by around 3%, small. Will have to consistently time the Incriminates for Shrap sets.

Assassin one will see a ~6% DPS increase, decent.

Might almost be worth giving NB another whirl just for ****s and giggles. Blazing Strike will be up to a what, +54% damage bonus, with another 2-30% from Heat Retention? Maybe pull a 24 Ranger split.

Note that the NB crystal gives a 50% damage boost to Scourge. Scourge is pretty badass as-is. This is actually a major boost for NB PvP.

Which is also another point: 51 Bladedancer might be entertaining in PvP, where you can hit the cooldowns and pump out pew pew pew. Seriously, check dualism out and consider the burst damage potential. Still probably not worth it, but ohwell right?

I bet with Dualism up, with Deadly Dance, you could crit a Precision or Quick for 3k
    It might have been dunsparrow that posted the information about deep BD in the other synergy thread. Its at least worth looking into imo. This build seems solid as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast