+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS concern

Soulwalker

Default DPS concern

I just purchased the game this week and currently have a 36 rogue with hopes that at level 50 i could spec primarily marksman in order to fulfill a DPS spot in dungeons/raids. Ive just read several posts today claiming that rogues in general are pretty much useless at 50, stating that every other class can easily outdamage us. Is there much truth to this?
    I played a hunter back in WoW and was usually the top DPS in every raid.. i was pretty much hoping that a marksman would do the same.

Soulwalker

Rogue has very competitive single target raid dps end game. Although you don't want to raid has marksmen, it doesn't have the sustained dps.

I recommend for melee dps
    Melee sab
    Blade dancer

Ranged dps
    sozu ranger (by far the lowest dps of all these builds)

Hybrid range/melee
    Hoko spec (Gear intensive from what I'v read)

Also if you bard for raid, you need a 51 point bard spec for verse of joy.

http://www.dunsparrow.com/search/label/PvE%20Specs

Is a good breakdown of some of the builds I listed.

RIFT Guide Writer

Currently marksman is more of a supporting soul for ranger or a pvp soul. Main soul marksman can't do enough dps to be good at raids. Rogues in general are far from useless, you just need to find the right builds and use them in right places.

Ascendant

If you think rogue dps is bad based on these forums, go check the mage/warrior/cleric forums. Theres some good crying all over those
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Shield of Telara

yes the best way to get a feel for a class is to ignore all the great posts from good members showing how good the dps is and just listen to the whiners in Gen Discussion QQ'ing about how bad they suck.

Soulwalker

Aside from all the haters bashin me for my newbishness, id like to thank Ardrig for your post. I just respeced using one of the guides i found from the link you posted and i can now say i LOVE my rogue now. Thanks bro *thunbs up*

+ Reply to Thread