+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sabdancer clipping?

Shadowlander

Default Sabdancer clipping?

When starting a battle from ranged I spam:

5 X Spike - DD - 1 X Spike - Det

5 X Shrap - Det

3 X Spike - Punc - DD - 2 X Spike - Det

In the 3rd part of the rotation I'm usually at 1 to 2 seconds still left of Spike from the first det. Should I just go ahead and det it and then go to Shrapnel or should I throw in an Expose and just wait till 0 or none on there? Thinking it'd be better to just det and go ahead and get teh Shrapnel in there too but IDK?

Thanks for the help

If you're low on energy when you get to that point, which I'm assuming you should be, I would just wait the 1-2 seconds for the final tick and then reapply. If you max out on energy it'll be bad, but you shouldn't in 1-2 seconds.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by iNFoRMaLiTY View Post
    When starting a battle from ranged I spam:

5 X Spike - DD - 1 X Spike - Det

5 X Shrap - Det

3 X Spike - Punc - DD - 2 X Spike - Det

In the 3rd part of the rotation I'm usually at 1 to 2 seconds still left of Spike from the first det. Should I just go ahead and det it and then go to Shrapnel or should I throw in an Expose and just wait till 0 or none on there? Thinking it'd be better to just det and go ahead and get teh Shrapnel in there too but IDK?

Thanks for the help
    Do you use Weapon Barrage whenever it's off CD? I find that using it whenever its off of CD makes the spike charges line up perfectly without having to wait.

Champion of Telara

should I throw in an Expose
    GENERALLY, DO NOTHING AND POOL ENERGY. IF YOU HAVE TOO MUCH ENERGY, THROW A WEAPON BARRAGE.

Do you use Weapon Barrage whenever it's off CD? I find that using it whenever its off of CD makes the spike charges line up perfectly without having to wait.
    ONLY WITH A TABLET.

EasymodeX: ANSWERING YOUR "HOW2P" QUESTIONS SINCE 2011. IN ALL CAPS.

I wish I had your latency. I am lucky when I can det my 2nd spike charges when the first finishes, sometimes it's a second or 2 after even with fervor.
    Ashnon - 60 Rogue

Champion of Telara

For the majority of the fight, with Fervor but no tablet, your energy profile will be as you describe: you will have enough energy to be ready to pop a new stack of Spikes right about as the last one is expiring.

The issue the OP describes occurs:

1. At the start of the fight
    2. During/after Verse of Joy
    3. After any pooling due to fight mechanics.

Ascendant

The only time you should ever clip your spike charge DoT is in a situation where you have more than 3 seconds left on it and you can clip it at exactly 2.99 seconds remaining (immediately after the second-to-last tick goes off). Clipping it any later than that is a DPS loss.

If you are ready to detonate your next set of spikes and still have time left on the DoT, pool energy until the DoT falls off, then immediately detonate. If you are going to top out on energy, throw a Weapon Barrage. In fights where you need to have Barrage ready for interrupts, throw Expose Weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

+ Reply to Thread