+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged DPS Values

Telaran

Default Ranged DPS Values

So I got a musket drop in AP, and it's 36 DPS. My Hawk's Talon was 30 DPS, of of course I was thinking "ZOMG BOOM STICK!" and equipped it.

Minor issue; for something that was 6 DPS more my damage increase is very, very small.

I removed my handheld weapons, and wouldn't you know, the damage increase was still very, very small between the two ranged weapons.

Does this mean that weapon damage on ranged skills is still dependent on mainhand DPS?

Were you just swapping the weapons back and forth while shooting stuff to compare damage values? Switching weapons in combat is buggy as hell and results in weird damage values, so testing via that method could be why you saw such weird results.

When I went from a 36 DPS weapon to the relic bow my damage with ranged attacks was pretty substantial so I think you either need to do more testing or are bugged somehow. What attacks were you using to compare?

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

I was switching them out during battle (was testing on the dummies), so maybe it is glitching that way.

I was using:

- Swift Shot.
    - Cadance.
    - Blast Charges.

I'll try what you suggested and leave battle first.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrageous View Post
    I was switching them out during battle (was testing on the dummies), so maybe it is glitching that way.

I was using:

- Swift Shot.
    - Cadance.
    - Blast Charges.

I'll try what you suggested and leave battle first.
    Alright. Also remember that Cadence and Blast Charge both use your mainhand weapon for damage calculations unless you have Ranger or Marksman in your build.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Alright. Also remember that Cadence and Blast Charge both use your mainhand weapon for damage calculations unless you have Ranger or Marksman in your build.
    Using a parser there was bit of a difference, but I guess I was expecting something more dramatic.

+ Reply to Thread