+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue tanking questions.

Soulwalker

Default Rogue tanking questions.

Hello,
    I am currently not 50 but I occasionally do tanking in dungeons and I wanted to see if getting the 51 points RS point is any good at level 50. So I have a few questions....

1. Defer Death (as many players stated this move is TERRIBLE)... but by pressing defer death then when 10secs are up and using Scatter the Shadows will all the incoming damage be ignored?

2. Is there a diminishing returns on tanking? (Can from tanking from WoW)

3. What are more important as Rogue tanks: Avoidance, Health, or Armor?

Thank you very much....
    Also a few links to end game tank spec will be good.
    Last edited by Terrybad; 07-11-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Terrybad View Post
    1. Defer Death (as many players stated this move is TERRIBLE)... but by pressing defer death then when 10secs are up and using Scatter the Shadows will all the incoming damage be ignored?
    No. Nothing will prevent Defer Death's damage from hitting you.

2. Is there a diminishing returns on tanking? (Can from tanking from WoW)
    Ehh? What do you mean by that?

3. What are more important as Rogue tanks: Avoidance, Health, or Armor?
    Health until you have enough to survive the biggest attacks you will recieve, then Avoidance. Armour won't do much for you as a rogue (Since instead of having High armour you get Rift Guard)

Thank you very much....
    Also a few links to end game tank spec will be good.
    8 Bladedancer/51 Rift Stalker/7 Ranger is the most common build as it gives nice mitigation to everything (Nice amounts of dodge from Bladedancer, some health and damage reduction from ranger) some people replace Ranger with Bard to get more health, but that is unecessary when you're not struggling to get your health up while gearing.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

A couple questions I have is what classes do you think best support a rogue tank in a group (or least)? And is the rogue tank playstyle much different from a warrior tank?

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    A couple questions I have is what classes do you think best support a rogue tank in a group (or least)? And is the rogue tank playstyle much different from a warrior tank?
    Purifiers help rogue tanks quite a bit since they can pre-shield the rogue before a pull to lower the damage they take at the start of a fight as they try to get their defensive buffs up.

Yes the rogue playstyle is quite different to a warrior (All warrior specs) because the rogue relies on skills with CDs to keep AoE threat and they have to manage their combo points to survive (Making sure to keep up their 2-3 defensive buffs constantly and making sure they don't lose CP's unecessarily through target switching or having a target die with CP's on)

They also have the most mobility of all the tanks which allows them to do unique maneuvers (Such an making LoS pulls more efficient) and make certain boss fights easier through being able to shift out of AoEs or following bosses that move easily.
    Sonora - 50 Rogue - 8 Bladedancer/51 Riftstalker/7 Ranger - All round tank build.
    Teralia - 50 Warrior - 22 Reaver/24 Warlord/20 Paladin - A fun to play AoE threat build.
    Karis - 46 Mage - 24 Chloromancer/27 Pyromancer/10 Warlock - A high burst support heal PvP/Solo build.
    Tarille - 50 Cleric - 5 Templar/27 Warden/34 Sentinel - A powerful AoE healing PvP build.

+ Reply to Thread