+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some advice?

Soulwalker

Default Some advice?

Hi, I'm mainly just looking for opinions since I am new to RIFT.

Currently I have a lvl 15 Rogue. My souls are Riftstalker, Assassin, and Bladedancer.

I felt the stealth damage from assassin would give me a huge boost, bladedancer would allow me to deal damage in 1v1 confrontations, and riftstalker would allow me to survive a bit longer. Is this correct?

Also, How many skill points do you generally get in the course of your 50 levels? Should I focus my skill points in one tree, or should i balance them for max effectiveness? So far i have put a majority of them into Bladedancer for easier questing.

Thanks for any and all advice/opinions/help, it is much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschbag View Post
    Hi, I'm mainly just looking for opinions since I am new to RIFT.

Currently I have a lvl 15 Rogue. My souls are Riftstalker, Assassin, and Bladedancer.

I felt the stealth damage from assassin would give me a huge boost, bladedancer would allow me to deal damage in 1v1 confrontations, and riftstalker would allow me to survive a bit longer. Is this correct?

Also, How many skill points do you generally get in the course of your 50 levels? Should I focus my skill points in one tree, or should i balance them for max effectiveness? So far i have put a majority of them into Bladedancer for easier questing.

Thanks for any and all advice/opinions/help, it is much appreciated.
    When levelling I went up to 31 bladedancer as quick as I could, then went to Assasin and RS.

What I would recommend is getting up to Rift Scavenger in riftstalker, then going up bladedancer tree. Rift Scavenger is a very handy levelling tool because it gives you health back if the target has combo points on it when it dies. This way you make sure to have 5 on the mob when it dies and you get a decent heal, which really helps with 2/3 mobs at a time. Get the shield from blinking (can't remember name) on the left side of the riftstalker tree too and you shouldn't have too many problems. Bladedancer is great to level with, really good with all the reactive skills. Assasin has some very good support talents like serrated blades low down which will help later on.

I would say go high and fast as the top of tree abilities are usually great.

Good luck, have fun.

Soulwalker

Thank you =D

Rift Disciple
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

Try a Bard / Bladedancer / NB build for leveling. I think you'll enjoy how powerful Cadence can be with the right configuration.

You can try other builds later on when you have more skillpoints.

General of Telara

I used a build with either Bard or a pet if I was ever fighting an elite/boss type mob that I couldn't kill quick enough using a BD/Riftstalker build. I used a BD/RS/Sin spec for quest grinding by first putting 13 into RS, then as much as I could into BD until it blocked me, and finally Assassin.

And for reference, you get 66 points to spend at lvl50.

i would suggest to use a ranger for leveling. your boar plays MT, youre the dps. cant imagine any faster and saver soul for a rogue newb.

Soulwalker

Oh okay, I will consider alternate souls for levelling.

is BD//RS/AS good for PvP?

As I read in that guide, probably not good for PvP. alright =) thank you for the guide also.
    Last edited by Deutschbag; 07-11-2011 at 09:35 AM.

General of Telara

Doesn't do enough damage in PvP

Soulwalker

That's sad for me

You'd think a class that, i n its description, is based one 1v1 fighting (BD) would be good at PvP lol

Rift Chaser

Long as you are having fun, level with what you want. Here is another option. I leveled 13 into riftstalker for the heal, then rest into assassin until 33 points, then put the rest into something like bladedancer. Its been a while, but something along these lines:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Rfx0b0dbR.VG0h

I had a blast doing it. If you open with jagged strike from stealth, then puncture you are already at 5 combo points and you can hit Impale. Then you can simply proceed to spam combo points to heal when the mob dies. It also gives you options to survive with sidesteps and slipaway.

Just remember this is for leveling, not so much for doing dps in dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutschbag View Post
    That's sad for me

You'd think a class that, i n its description, is based one 1v1 fighting (BD) would be good at PvP lol
    BD is awesome. i played bd, nb, inf from r1-r6.

dont ask here, you see you mget a lot of wrong info. test the stuff yourself ingame.

+ Reply to Thread