+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sabdancer Rotation, improvement?

Default Sabdancer Rotation, improvement?

Hey folks, I can't test this where I am at the moment but I was wondering if someone felt like giving it a try.

The idea is to take the normal sabdancer spec, drop 1 point and pick up backstab. So this:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...Vf0G0R.0VRcxsb

Then rotate like this:

Spike x 4, Deadly Strike, Puncture, Spike, Detonate
    Shrapnel x 5, Detonate

This would give the 105% buff to Puncture as well as squeezing a backstab into the rotation. Has anyone tested this before? Or feel like testing it now?

Rift Disciple

this is without backstab and just 4 points for deadly strike. i think you missed something...

Quote Originally Posted by Almornik View Post
    this is without backstab and just 4 points for deadly strike. i think you missed something...
    So I did, wtf I could have sworn I...

Spike x 4, Backstab, Deadly, Puncture, Spike, Deto, 5xShrap, Det

Telaran

why not just 3x spike, puncture (5 cps) DS, 2x spike, detonate, 5x shrapnel detonate

repeat

Rift Disciple

why not just 3x spike, puncture (5 cps) DS, 2x spike, detonate, 5x shrapnel detonate

repeat
    because he wanted to mix in the pretty strong backstab with the 105% buff

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinglols View Post

repeat
    Because with this rotation you will always be using a deadly dance buffed puncture when it is off cooldown. Doubling the dps added to the build by it, and also fitting in a backstab which should add a decent amount of damage. I'm not sure if this is an improvement or not, maybe the energy mechanics of it will actually make it do less dps, but as I said, can't test it from this computer.

Telaran

but the main dmg will be from charges always, no? so this way hes actually delaying the dmg from charges?

But but epic sax guy can't be wrong !!!

Backstab doesn't get the 105% damage bonus with that rotation. So it's less damage than a charge.

Quote Originally Posted by RageHulkSmash View Post
    Backstab doesn't get the 105% damage bonus with that rotation. So it's less damage than a charge.
    The basic weigh up is,

Unbuffed backstab + buffed 1 puncture, 1 spike, deto
    vs
    Unbuffed puncture + 2 spike deto

I'm too lazy to really go mathsy on it!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    The basic weigh up is,

Unbuffed backstab + buffed 1 puncture, 1 spike, deto
    vs
    Unbuffed puncture + 2 spike deto

I'm too lazy to really go mathsy on it!
    I'm not sure if its a mistake, but your linked spec doesnt have Residual shrapnel in it (The Shrapnel charge dot). Also, for personal preference, I like 3/5 remote clipping and 2/2 imp blast charge.
    Beyond that, I like the idea behind your question, and I'm kind of eager to try it out on a dummy. Here's what my spec looks like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vf0I0s.0VRMxcb

Its not majorly different (i moved 1 point out of imp deto to get Residual shrap, removed BS and 1 of Serrated blades points to get 3/5 ambi and 3/3 combat efficiency). The extra point in Ambi is arguable (it nets me around 20 dex, which is nice, but to try your spec I'd take 2/5 ambi and 1/1 Backstab), but 3/3 combat efficiency is kind of key - In every raid setting, I'm almost never waiting to use an ability, I ALWAYS have energy. 2/3 serrated blades is fine, imo, because your auto attack is doing garbage damage in comparison to everything else, and there are alot of fights where its smarter to only wade in for Puncute/deadly, rather than sit in melee. The only potential issue I see is having to stay in melee slightly longer (its no longer Punc, deadly, out, its not BS, deadly, punc, out), which isn't a really big deal.

RIFT Guide Writer

Think i'd get Residual Shrapnel over Charge Booster. Charge Booster only fires on 5 pt Dets and does pretty weak damage with only 26 points into Sab.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    I'm not sure if its a mistake, but your linked spec doesnt have Residual shrapnel in it (The Shrapnel charge dot). Also, for personal preference, I like 3/5 remote clipping and 2/2 imp blast charge.
    Beyond that, I like the idea behind your question, and I'm kind of eager to try it out on a dummy. Here's what my spec looks like

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vf0I0s.0VRMxcb

Its not majorly different (i moved 1 point out of imp deto to get Residual shrap, removed BS and 1 of Serrated blades points to get 3/5 ambi and 3/3 combat efficiency). The extra point in Ambi is arguable (it nets me around 20 dex, which is nice, but to try your spec I'd take 2/5 ambi and 1/1 Backstab), but 3/3 combat efficiency is kind of key - In every raid setting, I'm almost never waiting to use an ability, I ALWAYS have energy. 2/3 serrated blades is fine, imo, because your auto attack is doing garbage damage in comparison to everything else, and there are alot of fights where its smarter to only wade in for Puncute/deadly, rather than sit in melee. The only potential issue I see is having to stay in melee slightly longer (its no longer Punc, deadly, out, its not BS, deadly, punc, out), which isn't a really big deal.
    Residual shrapnel should 100% be in the build, sorry its bloody hot and I've been moving house today, clearly made a fumble.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Devious View Post
    Residual shrapnel should 100% be in the build, sorry its bloody hot and I've been moving house today, clearly made a fumble.
    I figured, just thought I'd point it out in case you'd missed the magic that is 1800-2k shrapnel dot crits in raid settings. So insane to see those numbers after shrapnel crits for 1200ish per charge.

To address Kurieg, i think its better to go 4/5 Improved detonate and keep charge booster - sure charge booster does crap damage at only 26 into Sab, and you're only getting 1 charge booster per full 2 detonation rotation but detonate is one of your lowest damaging abilities in this spec, and I dont think 5% more is going to help it. Merits testing though.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by cygnarite View Post
    I figured, just thought I'd point it out in case you'd missed the magic that is 1800-2k shrapnel dot crits in raid settings. So insane to see those numbers after shrapnel crits for 1200ish per charge.

To address Kurieg, i think its better to go 4/5 Improved detonate and keep charge booster - sure charge booster does crap damage at only 26 into Sab, and you're only getting 1 charge booster per full 2 detonation rotation but detonate is one of your lowest damaging abilities in this spec, and I dont think 5% more is going to help it. Merits testing though.
    i agree

120/125 = 4%. diffrence between 4/5 and 5/5. with a 2000 dps pluto parse det did 149.67 dps. 4% of that is about 6 dps. charged booster did 21 dps. pathetic, but still much more

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast