+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue tank leveling?

Telaran

Default Rogue tank leveling?

There are a lot of level 50 tank builds 51 RS/bd/bard that I have found but not really any threads with progression. I am currently level 28.
    I am looking for what might be the progressions level 30, 35,40,45

I like the 6 point bard/8 point bd but dont know if should go all the way rs 1st then put spare points into one or the other or go 8/6 then fill out RS and how that would go.

I just want this for instance tanking fun.
    I am using the Cuisinart build for aoe leveling solo. I would really appreciate the help

Shadowlander

I leveled as a rogue tank in a static group grinding instances to 50 during head start. Basically all you can do is dump as many point as it will let you into RS, and at leveling tiers where you start to have enough points to spread em around, get the 8 points in RNG and then the 8 in BD. You can't get 51 into RS until 50 so you can afford to put 8 in both of the other trees.

When I hit 44 I made sure to respec and put the full 44 into RS for planar attraction as it is very useful.
    Xep - 50 Rogue Tank for <Fires of Heaven>

aux

Max RS always, and pick the talents that reduce damage taken first.
    I'm so BORED

Here is what I would focus on for the points allowed at level 28. Focus on mitigation and skill that will maker you tanking easier. Later on you start dumping points into Riftstalker just to fill out and improve your riftguard, but early on just focus on what gets the job done.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...cthuozozoM.x0z

I prefered bard early on since it is rare to get someone barding in earlier groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeptix View Post
    I leveled as a rogue tank in a static group grinding instances to 50 during head start. Basically all you can do is dump as many point as it will let you into RS, and at leveling tiers where you start to have enough points to spread em around, get the 8 points in RNG and then the 8 in BD. You can't get 51 into RS until 50 so you can afford to put 8 in both of the other trees.

When I hit 44 I made sure to respec and put the full 44 into RS for planar attraction as it is very useful.
    Everything this.
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Xeptix View Post

This. Also you can alternately go into Bard in place of blade dancer for the extra health and armor buff, which can really help out as you level (especially if you pug).
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Those americans...Everytime there is a blackout, they all start luting.

Telaran

so why is rng better than bard? Is the dmg red much better than the extra health and armor?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mythikal View Post
    so why is rng better than bard? Is the dmg red much better than the extra health and armor?
    5% hp and 6% redux > 10% hp, especially at low levels when your hp is so low that a percentage increase hardly gives anything. That said, the armor buff might be nice as you aren't likely to be grouping with an Archon. BRD isn't an awful choice while leveling defensively, though, and I wouldn't make fun of anyone for picking it.

The main reason I'd pick RNG personally while leveling is for splinter shot/quick shot. Having a quick, convenient means for ranged pulling made leveling in instances a lot less of a headache for me.
    Last edited by Xeptix; 07-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
    Xep - 50 Rogue Tank for <Fires of Heaven>

+ Reply to Thread