+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Damage cap? pvp problem?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default Damage cap? pvp problem?

    if we play only pvp ,after completing r6 we have no more chance to increase damage till they dont put new weapon or something.

    every patch trion try to increase the survival trough valor(now new planar focus/essence/trinket ecc with valor) but if the damage remains the same this class will become gradually less and less effective.

    discuss
    Last edited by sentenza; 07-10-2011 at 01:39 AM.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    you didnt really pose a question or idea to discuss....
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default

    my question is will become a problem for this class the way taken by the trion to continue to increase resistance at the expense of the damage?

    We CANT do more dmg after full R6 every big patch all can tone up resitance trough valor

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45

    Default

    And my idea? pvp weapon can ingore % valor easy

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Valour is across the board, damage % stays, what changes is heals.
    Un@dayblind rogue lulzMM spec

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sentenza View Post
    And my idea? pvp weapon can ingore % valor easy
    I think you are a bit on a rant, but this part I actually think they should implement. Not so that it fully bypasses the Valor but something that makes PvP weapons > Relic weapons in a PvP setting. Maybe they could make it so that a r6 PvP weapon makes all your abilities ignore ~20% of your opponents Valor or something to that effect (I am too lazy to do the exact math on what the % should be to make them just slightly better than Relic weapons in PvP).

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    so you want to further the gap between rank 1 and rank 6? That's already the biggest problem with PvP.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched Weakest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffIncredible View Post
    so you want to further the gap between rank 1 and rank 6? That's already the biggest problem with PvP.
    Of course he wants that, so he can destroy people with his non skill advantage.

    INB4 I "worked" for P6.

  9. #9
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffIncredible View Post
    so you want to further the gap between rank 1 and rank 6? That's already the biggest problem with PvP.
    I did not even think about that. Everyone gets to p6 sooner or later and it's not like it takes a lot of time so no, that was not my intention. Make sure the lower pvp rank weapons has similar properties.

  10. #10
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enyaisrave View Post
    I did not even think about that. Everyone gets to p6 sooner or later and it's not like it takes a lot of time so no, that was not my intention. Make sure the lower pvp rank weapons has similar properties.
    Basically without a raid guild you are stuck at 33.6 dps.

    big flaw for Trion.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    Basically without a raid guild you are stuck at 33.6 dps.

    big flaw for Trion.
    Actually, it's a flaw of the player. Defeating raid bosses are incredibly easy.

    "I don't play to kill dragons, I play to pvp"? People who actually want to be "the best" will do whats necessary. Raiders aim to get revered the the Codex faction for the trinket; Pvpers aim to get relic weapons.

    It's not a flaw with Trion.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saphien View Post
    Actually, it's a flaw of the player. Defeating raid bosses are incredibly easy.

    "I don't play to kill dragons, I play to pvp"? People who actually want to be "the best" will do whats necessary. Raiders aim to get revered the the Codex faction for the trinket; Pvpers aim to get relic weapons.

    It's not a flaw with Trion.
    Some people who play the game can only do one or the other due to play time constraints. Or, choose not to partake in either PvE or PvP because they only want one of them. Or imagine your reasons...they are varied and numerous.

    Regardless, requiring a player to participate in PvE content to gear for PvP, or to participate in PvP content to gear for PvE is a fundamental failing with the game design. Just because there is some method in game to get better gear doesn't make it good design.

    Requiring a PvP player to tackle PvE content in order to get the best possible gear for PvP is poor design.

  13. #13
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton Jack View Post
    Some people who play the game can only do one or the other due to play time constraints. Or, choose not to partake in either PvE or PvP because they only want one of them. Or imagine your reasons...they are varied and numerous.

    Regardless, requiring a player to participate in PvE content to gear for PvP, or to participate in PvP content to gear for PvE is a fundamental failing with the game design. Just because there is some method in game to get better gear doesn't make it good design.

    Requiring a PvP player to tackle PvE content in order to get the best possible gear for PvP is poor design.
    Making either of the content (Pvp or pve) obsolete is worse design.

    But what do I know? I'm only P5, and I got a relic before stepping foot in a warfront for the first time. If you make it so the two sides of the content have no relation to one another, there'd be no reason for raiders to log in for more than a couple hours a week to farm content and there'd be no reason for pvpers to log in for more than a couple hours a week to do some premades after reaching P6.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    470

    Default

    People don't seem to get that this is a game which involves both PvE and PvP.

    If you want your character to be the most effective possible, you have to do both. If all you do is PvP, then don't complain when someone who both PvP's and PvE's has an advantage over you. They have that advantage because they put in more initiative to improve their character's capabilities.

    You aren't required to partake in one to do the other. Irregardless of what you think, the FACT is you actually don't.

    But people who do will have an advantage over you if you choose to handicap yourself by neglecting one of these aspects of the game. It's not just "the best possible gear for PvP", it's the best possible gear period, for all aspects of the game.

    You are in effect complaining that someone who put in more time/effort/work/initiative than you has an advantage over you. This is the nature of every MMORPG ever created. If it bothers you that much, in all seriousness, games of this genre might not be for you.

    And yes, just for the record, I'm one of those people who took the time to get relic gear that I then get to use against people in Warfronts. Because I put in that extra time and effort, rather than saying "I'm Rank 6, so I'm done trying to improve myself".
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 07-10-2011 at 07:29 PM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

  15. #15
    Champion Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    People don't seem to get that this is a game which involves both PvE and PvP.

    If you want your character to be the most effective possible, you have to do both. If all you do is PvP, then don't complain when someone who both PvP's and PvE's has an advantage over you. They have that advantage because they put in more initiative to improve their character's capabilities.

    You aren't required to partake in one to do the other. Irregardless of what you think, the FACT is you actually don't.

    But people who do will have an advantage over you if you choose to handicap yourself by neglecting one of these aspects of the game. It's not just "the best possible gear for PvP", it's the best possible gear period, for all aspects of the game.

    You are in effect complaining that someone who put in more time/effort/work/initiative than you has an advantage over you. This is the nature of every MMORPG ever created. If it bothers you that much, in all seriousness, games of this genre might not be for you.

    And yes, just for the record, I'm one of those people who took the time to get relic gear that I then get to use against people in Warfronts. Because I put in that extra time and effort, rather than saying "I'm Rank 6, so I'm done trying to improve myself".
    Let's see...


    time it takes to grind prestige AND favor for a rank 6 weapon...

    time it takes to hit 200 hit to run a quick GSB for a relic dagger...


    I'll leave the math up to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts