+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Please help I'm on the verge of deleting my rogue

  1. #1
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default Please help I'm on the verge of deleting my rogue

    Hey guys I'm here as a final plea in hope that someone can help me before I delete my rogue and call it quits for rift. I am a pvp'er, and I only play this game to pvp. Currently I am MM spec'ed rogue and I have literally tried every variation of the spec out. Just to give you a list I have tried:

    51MM/15NB
    51MM/15 inf
    38 MM/17 asn/ 11 inf
    38 MM/ 17 asn/ 11 NB
    32 NB/ 19 MM/ 15 inf
    44 MM/ 22 asn/ 0 inf
    40 MM/ 26 NB/ 0 inf

    I'm currently rank 5 with mostly rank 3-4 gear and a 36.0 dps bow. I have 800+ valor and sitting on 33.3% (or something close to that). I have 29.37 crit when I run 32 NB/19MM/15 inf. Before I start trying to describe my issue, I just want to note I'm not a typical player that just doesn't know how to play video games. In WoW, I had 2400+ teams season 3 and 4 before i quit. In Warhammer I was constantly voted the best WP on the server. Here I chose to play a rogue, and I usually top the dmg/ kill charts.

    My issue so far is that when I'm caught 1v1. It seems like the class is extremely weak. I typically run 32nb/19MM/15inf and use twilight force and cleanse soul when needed. My problem is the class seems so soft and the dmg seems lack luster even when compared to mages. Warriors (if I mess up) will kill me in 2 globals (not exaggerating). Mages and clerics will literally out last me even with cleanse soul and twilight force. Clerics will just heal right through my dmg even with a -50% incoming heal and anathema. Mages surprisingly can flat out outlast me and do more damage in a Dom variant. Just to clarify I am referring to fully rank 6 players that know how to play there class. I can beat bad/lesser geared players.

    Please tell me why the class feels so soft and the damage is very lack luster compared to other classes. Is it simply because I'm not in rank 6 gear with a rank 6 weapon or is MM simply not that strong this patch? Thank you for your help, and I apologize that this post may seem whiny. I am honestly just frustrated more than anything else because it seems like no matter how well I play, the class just has so many sort comings.

  2. #2
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    ^ that. /10 char
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    You say Warriors drop you if you screw up. Is that not balance? A heal specced Cleric who outgears you also shouldn't really be expected to drop dead 1v1. In the situations you describe I'm going to assume the skill level is about equal, so yes, I'd expect the gear difference to tip the balance in their favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  5. #5
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Nvm my post.
    You can ignore it.
    I just deleted all my gear cause I just couldn't handle the pressure.

  6. #6
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    You say Warriors drop you if you screw up. Is that not balance? A heal specced Cleric who outgears you also shouldn't really be expected to drop dead 1v1. In the situations you describe I'm going to assume the skill level is about equal, so yes, I'd expect the gear difference to tip the balance in their favor.
    I think you misunderstood the post. In regards to warriors, It takes me a very long time to kill them. They 2 global me. It seems like that is a extreme even from a balance perspective. For clerics, I don't expect to make anyone fall over. But with -50% incoming healing debuff AND -50% out going debuff and they can still out heal my damage. That seems to be a bit much. I'm not here to complain about the other classes really. I'm just wondering if the difference is because of my gear or is it that MM are a bit weaker this patch. I'm hoping to hear from other rank 6 MM about their experiences with rank 6 gear/weapons.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Taemek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    I think you misunderstood the post. In regards to warriors, It takes me a very long time to kill them. They 2 global me. It seems like that is a extreme even from a balance perspective. For clerics, I don't expect to make anyone fall over. But with -50% incoming healing debuff AND -50% out going debuff and they can still out heal my damage. That seems to be a bit much. I'm not here to complain about the other classes really. I'm just wondering if the difference is because of my gear or is it that MM are a bit weaker this patch. I'm hoping to hear from other rank 6 MM about their experiences with rank 6 gear/weapons.
    Don't worry man, he misunderstands alot of posts.

    We understood, it's all that matters.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    No its simple.

    1. warriors were overbuffed and the current paragon fotm faceroll specs need tooning down.

    2. Clerics have always been godmode.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    You were doing it right, MM just isn't a dueling build. Expect to get owned if someone gets into melee.

  10. #10
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    most of it sounds like a gear issue more than spec issue. with that being said, please delete your toon. the fact that you play mmos just for pvp is frankly pretty stupid. there isnt a current gen mmo that is balanced enough for competitive play. between the gear/spec/class imbalances coupled with the sheer amount of rng involved its impossible for skill to outweigh them. now dont take what i just said out of context, pvp has its own skillset, and im impressed by some of the things pvpers pull off, but if your really looking for something that pits skill vs skill you should be playing sc2, league of legends, any decent fps etc.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  11. #11
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xzaar View Post
    I think you misunderstood the post. In regards to warriors, It takes me a very long time to kill them. They 2 global me. It seems like that is a extreme even from a balance perspective. For clerics, I don't expect to make anyone fall over. But with -50% incoming healing debuff AND -50% out going debuff and they can still out heal my damage. That seems to be a bit much. I'm not here to complain about the other classes really. I'm just wondering if the difference is because of my gear or is it that MM are a bit weaker this patch. I'm hoping to hear from other rank 6 MM about their experiences with rank 6 gear/weapons.
    I only have 4 pieces of R6 gear for what it's worth:

    Warriors - R6 warriors will eat you 4 seconds or less if you let them get into melee range & don't immediately break free out of their stun & create distance. After that it's about maintaining range >20 meters. I typically have to use all my CCs, CDs, and speed buffs. Once I show I can maintain range they go find easier kills. If my CDs and/or CCs are on cooldown then it's game over for me. If I can use the terrain to my advantage then it's usually game over for them.

    Clerics - R6 clerics - Healing clerics can be eradicated & slowly burned down even w/out a healing debuff in my experience, but...it's a long fight. And usually someone shows up one side or the other before it's over. If you're facing a good one (see Plex videos) then you're likely never to take one down 1v1.

    R6 clerics - Tank/melee clerics don't have as many gap closers as warriors but they do have heals. I have to maintain range & eradicate any hots/buffs. Basically it's death by kite after that.

    R6 clerics - Range - These are tricky. For some strange reason, their instant cast Sanction heretic hits for a boatload if it crits. I'm not as familiar fighting them b/c sometimes they subspec heals & other times it seems like they subspec tank. Also a tough match, I usually have to escape & go elsewhere.

    From my experience, it's not as much about the build differences between callings as it is the gear difference. Gear>anything when it comes to determining a 1v1 in this game. Yes some skilled people can take out better geared people, but that's not the average scenario either. An evenly geared matchup is also less common in WFs than it might be on a pvp server.

    Good luck whatever route you go.
    Last edited by Morituri; 07-10-2011 at 04:56 AM.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    most of it sounds like a gear issue more than spec issue. with that being said, please delete your toon. the fact that you play mmos just for pvp is frankly pretty stupid. there isnt a current gen mmo that is balanced enough for competitive play. between the gear/spec/class imbalances coupled with the sheer amount of rng involved its impossible for skill to outweigh them. now dont take what i just said out of context, pvp has its own skillset, and im impressed by some of the things pvpers pull off, but if your really looking for something that pits skill vs skill you should be playing sc2, league of legends, any decent fps etc.
    Like op I play all my mmos for pvp and its really fun. You're an idiot.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    Don't worry man, he misunderstands alot of posts.

    We understood, it's all that matters.
    That's fresh coming from you. How fares the crusade against SLI?
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cubinh View Post
    Like op I play all my mmos for pvp and its really fun. You're an idiot.
    i agree!
    /10

  15. #15
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Thank you for your comments guys. I tried out darksorrow's (sorry if I missed spelled your name) gunblade spec. I cannot explain why but it is stronger than 32nb/19mm/15inf. I was able to kill clerics a lot faster, and the extra 3 seconds of immunity really tipped the scale in my favor vs warriors and mages. I would recommend this spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts