+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What essences should I put in my sigil?

Rift Chaser

Default What essences should I put in my sigil?

Right now I have about 100 inscribed sourcestone, and i do the raid rift daily almost every day so that number will go up.
    Right now in my sigil I have Mortuous Shadeshard, Abyssal Flood, Brutal Gust for epic, I got all of those from open rolls from raid rifts; and the rest are some blues I picked up just hunting/lvling up.

Anyway, Im just wondering, what essences should I put in my sigil. From what I read rogue benefit from dex, so should I just load up on dex, or what? Should I worry about other stats or what? I think I don't crit a lot, currently I only have 478 crit, that 23.78%. Should I load up on crit rate over dex, or what? Im assuming eventually i have to replace butal gust since its more str than dex. am i right about that?

I usually use 44sab for dungeon, and assasin for pvp and quests/

Rift Disciple

Attack Power.

The Rift Report - COMING SOON

Rift Chaser

looking for more input

Physical Crit

inb4: looking for more input

Shadowlander

Default help.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
    Right now I have about 100 inscribed sourcestone, and i do the raid rift daily almost every day so that number will go up.
    Right now in my sigil I have Mortuous Shadeshard, Abyssal Flood, Brutal Gust for epic, I got all of those from open rolls from raid rifts; and the rest are some blues I picked up just hunting/lvling up.

Anyway, Im just wondering, what essences should I put in my sigil. From what I read rogue benefit from dex, so should I just load up on dex, or what? Should I worry about other stats or what? I think I don't crit a lot, currently I only have 478 crit, that 23.78%. Should I load up on crit rate over dex, or what? Im assuming eventually i have to replace butal gust since its more str than dex. am i right about that?

I usually use 44sab for dungeon, and assasin for pvp and quests/
    Ok. If you run 44 sab, you will benefit a lot more from CRIT and DEX than anything else. Why?

1. Sab skills don't get extra +100% bonus attack power like some lines due. ie. Sabodancer stuff does like precision strike, quick strike. Also probably wont be grabbing backstab either with the spec you run in dungeons.

2. Dex is pretty solid due to the added DEX from the sab line (+% dex), which I assume is maxxed.

3. Crits are going to be larger with magnify pain in assassin line 20% bonus to crit damage. Plus the bonus when you crit 10% extra damage for 6 seconds --- more crits = more uptime.

I would load up on lessers with the most crit/dex. ie. Eastern winds, Western winds, Smoldering Spark, Burning Spark .... also, no need in slotting any of those greaters. I believe you would do better with 6 lessers stacking dex/crit. Those greaters proc near never and dont really make up for the total lose in stats over the long haul.

Hope this helps,

Vymm

Rift Chaser

are there any greaters that are real good for a rogue, or should I go all lessers?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
    are there any greaters that are real good for a rogue, or should I go all lessers?
    Mortuous Shadeshard from death raid rifts is decent for melee builds (but not for sabo builds). Same goes for the dot proc greater from fire raid rifts.

Otherwise, just stick to lessers. If you can get 6 lessers before getting your hands on those 2 greaters, do so (But do try to fill up your lesser slots with lessers as you get them first, as you will want to punch yourself if you put one of your best lessers in a greater slot and then need to put a greater in there).
    Xep - 50 Rogue Tank for <Fires of Heaven>

+ Reply to Thread