+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Rogue melee dps sux....

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    667

    Default Rogue melee dps sux....

    Assassin dps is just way to low compared to others in pvp. this is just wrong. i've never seen a mmo that had such gipped melee rogues. I don't wanna unsub but i'm going to have to bench this rogue till i see some serious buffs.... rogues have always been the great 1v1 class that takes down healers, and even give mages the run arounds. But as it stands now Rogues have no real usefulness in a WF other than sneaking around ninja capping.
    So to make this a constuctive post and not just a rant, i'd love to hear some great tips that we could give trion to help bring rogues up where they should be. I'm not saying we should be "OP", but i have not seen a class as of yet that runs from a melee assassin rogue.
    My offspec is for tanking, and my pvp build is pure pvp. I haven't ever walked around in a mmo without really gearing myself and tossing runes/enchants where i can. I've played MMO's for 5yrs and have either loved playing rogues or feared them when i'm leveling an alt.
    So can i please get some creative feedback on how trion can build a better rogue assassin so they can be worth playing again.

    TL;DR.... assassin rogues need some love, thank you trion.
    Last edited by Tatersaladin; 07-09-2011 at 01:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Can u at least edit your title? I was going to say "are you out of your mind" because with my BD heavy build I kick out dang fine dps. I haven't done sin yet so I won't comment. Saying Sin dps AND putting in the rogue forums would probably work better. Also also don't forget to post build rtations and gear. The problem could well be those issues and not the sould itself and you'll only find out if you provide details.
    Last edited by Galibier; 07-09-2011 at 01:55 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Sins are fine (save for the Lost Hope exploit currently going around). They absolutely slaughter anything not kitted out in valor gear, and as for dealing with healers? If you think you're not strong enough because you can't solo a dedicated healing cleric, you don't understand how MMO PvP works. He can't just ignore you, he's having to heal himself through your damage. Which means he's not healing that warrior that was just peeling your team's faces off, so the warrior is now dead. Sins have plenty of tools to put serious pressure on healers when played properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Actually i can kill most of the healers with 51 sin spec and pvp soul in 1on1. Anathema does great job and using ability slower poisons makes me nightmare for healers already so i think you should get a better gear and try again mate.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Sins are purely situational, if you don't like that roll something else. When playing a Sin you must play as a Sin, period.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Arcanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanking you with a Raid
    Posts
    1,554

    Default

    lol at this thread, clearly trolling
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    814

    Default

    oh, a pvp thread? darn. can i still yell at OP about how we are doin well, probably top in pve and flaunt my epeen a bit by posting meters?

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    all the players that come on to these forums and /ragequit are just bad at mmo's.
    I'll just leave that here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    oh, a pvp thread? darn. can i still yell at OP about how we are doin well, probably top in pve and flaunt my epeen a bit by posting meters?
    Sure, just make sure the screenshot of your parsed damage is at least over 1.8...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristoph View Post
    I think everyone already stopped expecting Trion to be even remotely competent when it comes to PvP balance.

  10. #10
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Playahr View Post
    Sure, just make sure the screenshot of your parsed damage is at least over 1.8...
    woot!

    pluto 2010 edps: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z...11_RoSplut.png
    showing no cipher: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z..._RoSplut_p.png

    warmaster 1933 dps: http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/z..._warmaster.png

    halfway between T2 and raid teir 1 gear + greenscale's fang.

    over 1.7k in full T2 gear: http://s820.photobucket.com/albums/z...11_RoSplut.png


    pvp isnt as easy to parse. i usually have top killing blows but that really dosnt say much
    Last edited by Seyon; 07-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Vexille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,104

    Default

    Complaints about any sort of "balance" or parity with regards to PvP in an MMO is pointless.

    "Balancing" PvP and PvE in an MMO is impossible; the goals and expectations of the player groups are inherently at odds with each-other.

    There will always be at least one class/spec that is considered OP/UP, etc. when it comes to PvP. Always.

    If you want true balanced PvP you need to play a net connected FPS..

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tatersaladin View Post
    Assassin dps is just way to low compared to others in pvp. this is just wrong. i've never seen a mmo that had such gipped melee rogues. I don't wanna unsub but i'm going to have to bench this rogue till i see some serious buffs.... rogues have always been the great 1v1 class that takes down healers, and even give mages the run arounds. But as it stands now Rogues have no real usefulness in a WF other than sneaking around ninja capping.
    So to make this a constuctive post and not just a rant, i'd love to hear some great tips that we could give trion to help bring rogues up where they should be. I'm not saying we should be "OP", but i have not seen a class as of yet that runs from a melee assassin rogue.
    My offspec is for tanking, and my pvp build is pure pvp. I haven't ever walked around in a mmo without really gearing myself and tossing runes/enchants where i can. I've played MMO's for 5yrs and have either loved playing rogues or feared them when i'm leveling an alt.
    So can i please get some creative feedback on how trion can build a better rogue assassin so they can be worth playing again.

    TL;DR.... assassin rogues need some love, thank you trion.
    I dunno, in Port Scion all out boss zerg, I came out 4 in damage with p4 shivs.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts