+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ? for rangers

Soulwalker

Default ? for rangers

Is the blood raptor any good or waste of a point.?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mirue View Post
    Yes.......
    I really hate people.

It's for situations where you need a pet to AE. You can also use its abilities to do damage - the two on cd do a fair amount, nice to have in your filler macro while building combo points (/petcast). Raptor abilities help heal itself, only pet that can.

Wolf is for debuffing the heals of its target. Pig is for when you need a pet to have aggro. They also have abilities you can use manually (or 2 each with cd in a macro) to do damage. If you use "/petcast xyz" in one macro for more than 1 pet, along with your combo building "filler" abilities, then you will probably want a separate filtered chat window to keep from seeing all the "unknown ability" spam messages (they only go to the default chat window but can not be disabled there). /petcast is ignored if your pet is on passive.
    Last edited by Taptap; 07-09-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

It's the best PvE pet soo...yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

What you need to know about rangers

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...de-1.2-REVISED

Typically there's not a huge difference between a greater dire wolf and a raptor for single-target damage. But almost always, if you have access to a blood raptor, you want it.

That said there's some very capable melee ranger builds that stop with the greater dire wolf.

Additional to my above reply, I sould say that the Greater version of the pets is necessary but I could not get my trainer to get them beyond pet Level 35 until my toon reached Level 43, which was a major pita during leveling (pig could not hold aggro). If you're getting the Greater versions then it makes sense to go all the way and get the instant pet Call, it has a 2m cd and really comes in handy because even at pet level 50 the pig still can't hold up to an elite while doing spam heals to it. Forgot to mention that neither the Raptor or Wolf generate aggro, they are best used in PvP or dungeons but not for questing solo.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread