+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is currently the best rogue DPS spec?

Rift Disciple

Default What is currently the best rogue DPS spec?

I'm using Nightblade/Bladedancer/Sin with BD as primary soul.

I got told in a dungeon that Sab/Sin is doing better DPS. Is this true?

If so, how big is the gap? I don't really want to play Sab.

I don't know how it is now(haven't played in a few weeks), but my sab spec was doing 800+ single target and 2k+ AoE dps. Paired with incriminate your tank will love you long time. Oh i'm T2 geared also.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Rift Disciple

you should try the search function or maybe look at the other hundreds of posts like this one.

Rift Disciple

Good to know Raiga, thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBad View Post
    you should try the search function or maybe look at the other hundreds of posts like this one.
    Care throwing a link? Believe it or not, I did use the search function.

Sword of Telara

plenty of guides on the fourm atm top raiding specs would be sabdancer or the hoko spec. hoko spec is easier but has more requirements (like spotters orders)

Rift Disciple

The best dps spec is the one that is best for the warfront. It is not a specific build. Research that.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

if you're just doing 5 mans that 44 sab 2 ranger 20 sin is probably the best dps spec. great single target, great aoe, completely ranged, has incriminate, and you can move the entire time you're dpsing. it is the king of rogue 5 man dps.

if you absolutely don't want to sab dps you can do sozu's build which is primarily a ranger build.

you can do the hoko build which melee with a pet.

or you can do http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...xor0dbR.Vf0I0s which is melee and primarily sin, but is probably going to be a pain to do well in a 5man.
    Last edited by Atavax; 07-08-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    the beatings will continue until morale improves

The best thing about 44 Sab, 20 Sin, 2 Rng is that it works everywhere. Single target, aoe, bosses you name it, it works.

You can ALWAYS move, you never ever have to stand still while still being able to do dps. Additionally, you NEVER have to be in melee range.

Granted sab-dancer or melee-ranger do more single target dps, but they require melee range, positioning and the ranger uses a pet and sab-dancer will be nerfed.
    Last edited by DaniWes; 07-09-2011 at 01:16 AM.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Rift Disciple

Who told you that sabodancer gets a nerf ? i cant find any information on that

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo11 View Post
    Who told you that sabodancer gets a nerf ? i cant find any information on that
    Pure speculation at this point. It already made it pasted a few patches and got its only little deadly dance buff, so I don't think its going to be nerfed any time soon.

Sword of Telara

i figure if they actually alter how a talent/buff works to make sure that sabdancer works.. than they are okay with it.

sabdancer requires melee range for 2s every 14 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    i figure if they actually alter how a talent/buff works to make sure that sabdancer works.. than they are okay with it.

sabdancer requires melee range for 2s every 14 seconds.

and doing so u lose dps...

autoattack are about 1% of my dps on boss inc (full rank 5/6 + raid gloves e raid ring/neck for hit and raid main hand) also poison doesn't proc from charge but proc from autoattak... so if u can u WANT to stay melee if u can... only time I go ranged is during warmaster charge phase... yet to see alsbeth and the 2nd boss of ros... the ony 2 boss I've never done till now... but out of all the other bosses in this game there is no one that u absolutely can't do melee and where melee lose so mch dps that u want to switch to ranged... going ranged is only a metter of preference if u want to play ranged u go ranged and use a ranged spec (44 sabo or ranger) if u want to go melee than do so and sabdancer/hoko are the best out ther right now...
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ComaEtilico View Post
    and doing so u lose dps...

autoattack are about 1% of my dps on boss inc (full rank 5/6 + raid gloves e raid ring/neck for hit and raid main hand) also poison doesn't proc from charge but proc from autoattak... so if u can u WANT to stay melee if u can... only time I go ranged is during warmaster charge phase... yet to see alsbeth and the 2nd boss of ros... the ony 2 boss I've never done till now... but out of all the other bosses in this game there is no one that u absolutely can't do melee and where melee lose so mch dps that u want to switch to ranged... going ranged is only a metter of preference if u want to play ranged u go ranged and use a ranged spec (44 sabo or ranger) if u want to go melee than do so and sabdancer/hoko are the best out ther right now...
    if i can only be in melee range for DS/punct ("jousting") i still do more dps personally as a sabdancer than i do as a 44 sab. my guild has alot more melee DPS than range, so on oracle i end up on the "dont want to stay in melee range" wolf. i used to do 44 sab for it, sabdancer had better results is all i was saying :P just from personal experience, individual mileage may vary. obviously if you can be in melee you want to, but thats the same for the 44 sab

i sabdancer every raid boss currently in the game. were you saying you go a range spec -for- warmaster? or just that he gets away from you when he charges? there was someone attacking sabdancer about a week ago about how on 'normal" fights like him 44 sab was just as good/better than sabdancer. broke 1900 on warmaster as sabdancer, ive yet to break 1500 as a 44 sab there.

edit if it let me: alsbeth has a good bit of running, expecially if she debuffs you. this is the kind of thing where being able to joust helps, obviously staying in melee as much as you can. herald the other one you havent killed? or pluto? either way, both let you have just about 100% melee uptime (herald may not depending on how your guild does it)
    Last edited by Seyon; 07-09-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nakuden View Post
    I'm using Nightblade/Bladedancer/Sin with BD as primary soul.

I got told in a dungeon that Sab/Sin is doing better DPS. Is this true?

If so, how big is the gap? I don't really want to play Sab.
    First look at the only sticky link on this Forum. It has links to a lot of great information.
    Second there are in general 5 DPS specs that work well:
    Ranged Ranger - Sozu
    Melee Ranger - Hoko
    Ranged Sab - 44 Sab
    Melee Sab - SabDancer
    Melee BD/Sin/NB - TriSpec (many variations)
    All of these are described in the "Bible" post linked in the Sticky.
    No one spec works the best for everyone because frankly we are all different players.
    Ranged Sab is popular because it works well for a LOT of people, especially those that do not play very often, short learning curve and good dsp in almost any situation.
    Bottom line, try one that looks interesting to you and see how you do with it.
    If you don't like it, the nice thing about Rift is that you don't have to roll another character like some of "those other games", you just change your spec and try another one until you find one that you actually enjoy playing. And then if someone asks you why are you NOT using spec xyz you can tell them that you tried it and this one works better FOR YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    plenty of guides on the fourm atm top raiding specs would be sabdancer or the hoko spec. hoko spec is easier but has more requirements (like spotters orders)
    Sabdancer destroys Hoko spec. Hoko spec is a 1 or 2 boss wonder spec. It's garbage in most boss fights other than like Plutonus and Johlen.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast