+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue PVP melee spec

Soulwalker

Default Rogue PVP melee spec

Pls go here and begin you pvp domination.
    Here are some macros you should use

combo point macro
    #show dusk strike
    use Words of War
    cast dusk strike
    cast Twilight Force
    cast primal strike
    cast Fiery Spike

finisher macro
    #show scourge of darkness
    use Words of War
    cast Scourge of Darkness
    cast Blazing Strike
    cast flame thrust

This is really the only viable melee PVP spec I have found out there.

Looks more like something I use to solo pve. Not much in the line of pvp perks and wasted points all over the place. NB + RS was a fun combo pre 50, but RS doesn't add enough to make the pairing worthwhile imo post 50. If NB is your main soul you are also wasting quite a bit in the Inf soul as well. Probably better going with one of Dun's NB builds.

If you're adament about the soul pairings a few things that came to mind for me...
    No Ebon fury?
    No Dusk to Dawn?
    No Dark Containment?
    Scavenger over Resilience?

Hey, but if you are meeting with success using this spec more power to you.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekielplus1 View Post
    Looks more like something I use to solo pve. Not much in the line of pvp perks and wasted points all over the place. NB + RS was a fun combo pre 50, but RS doesn't add enough to make the pairing worthwhile imo post 50. If NB is your main soul you are also wasting quite a bit in the Inf soul as well. Probably better going with one of Dun's NB builds.

If you're adament about the soul pairings a few things that came to mind for me...
    No Ebon fury?
    No Dusk to Dawn?
    No Dark Containment?
    Scavenger over Resilience?

Hey, but if you are meeting with success using this spec more power to you.
    scavenger is one of the main reasons you take riftstalker the others are that you get 2 shifts to close in on your target with which is essential in pvp. Scavenger is a 30% instant heal regardless if you kill the target or not. That plus blood thirsty allows you to almost heal to full. Less healing your healers have to do. You could take 3 points of of greater fortitude to get Resilience. You lose too much DPS with Dusk to Dawn over being in melee range with scourge of darkness on and the CC immunity makes the snare almost pointless because you may already be in it from improved twilight force and other peoples snares or roots. Dusk to Dawn is also a big hey look at me come kill me spell better to stay obscure. It's also a channel so a good pvp group will interrupt or knock you out of it. Ebon Fury could be nice you could take a point out of improved twilight force to get it.
    Last edited by laufer; 07-08-2011 at 02:35 PM.

I've tried using scavenger and I can use it very effectively while tanking with planar switch, but i don't see it proc much in pvp. Usually because I am quick to spend combo points. I do like the playstyle a ton, but I always find myself not doing enough damage or getting killed pretty quickly. Under 300 valor here so I am not a good judge of how it will perform high end, but I haven't met much success with it.

Telaran

Rift Scavenger dont work too well in PvP unless you time it - id rather use my 3-4 cps on making sure target dies

+ Reply to Thread