+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling Elite Solo Build?

Soulwalker

Default Leveling Elite Solo Build?

Hey all,
    I've had a hell of a time finding a place that gives reliable info on which spec can take elites down solo.
    I would have guessed the Ranger, but I'm having a surprisingly hard time.

Any advice is appreciated.

Rift Master

Bard(34)/Sabo/Anything

Blast Charge X4 -> Stun Charge X1 ->Detonate -> Bard single target Mez -> Repeat.

Just make sure you don't get High Explosive in the Sabo tree since it is a DoT and will break mez.

Soulwalker

So primary is bard, and then the rest in Sab. And this is effective at my level?
    Look forward to trying it.

Rift Disciple

The spec will work as soon as you can get Single target Mez from bard, rest Sabo, zero point in ranger to get the max dmg.

Use rotation posted to solo elites, use a nice spec to play PVE though, this is simply one string to you bow.........
    Last edited by Azzazal; 07-08-2011 at 12:51 PM.

I use the hoko spec slightly variation to include 26 points giving you tank pet works great.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Soulwalker

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated

Soulwalker

I just realized I did not specify I'm only level 28. The build you've listed sounds like it's more designed for higher levels.

Is there anything that works well while leveling for quests that have elites? (as a for instance, my mage solos fantastically as a Necro)

Rift Disciple

try the battlebard: up to deadly dance in the bladedancer tree, invigorated soul in the bard tree, crit and health in the ranger tree. Rest of the points as you like them.

Rift Disciple

Bard/Ranger solos most things, but is slow and boring.
    Cuisinart (http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...love-the-Rogue) gets better past lvl 30, is fun for leveling, and stays awesome at 50. I use it to solo the various Stillmoor daily quest elites regularly.

Battlebard is my main bard spec @ 50: 51 bard, 13 BD, 2 NB. Deadly Dance + Cadence is great healing. I solo Golora for [A Dire Threat] every day, Cadence, Fiery Spike x2, Deadly Strike, repeat.
    Last edited by SoAnIs; 07-08-2011 at 09:51 PM.

In my opinion rogues are the worst class at soloing elites below 50.

I found ranger works the best, provided you have crippling shot and 0 pt saboteur for adhesive bomb, so you can kite the elite. (Worked against both elites trees in scarwood)

At lvl 50 again ranger works the best, but 51 Sin / 15 BD works pretty well too, cause you can usually stunlock the elite and kill him fast enough.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

+ Reply to Thread