+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MMPvP - Souls & Questions

Soulwalker

Question MMPvP - Souls & Questions

Hello all,

Firstly, let me just say I am new to Rift. Got it literally yesterday, loving it so far. So, I cam to the point where I now have to decide for my 3rd soul. After doing some research, I decided I wanted to go with a MM-SIN-Infiltrator build for end game pvp. However, being only level 5 I have no idea how good this is for leveling, so I have some questions;

1. Are the souls I choose permanent? Maybe I can go 3 specific souls for leveling, and then pick 3 new ones?
    2. Does anyone have suggestions on what 3 souls are good for leveling? I am 100% wanting to stay range.
    3. And finally, is the MM-SIN-INF build still good for PvP?

Thanks!

- Konzine (aka Harts)

Quote Originally Posted by Konzine View Post
    Hello all,

Firstly, let me just say I am new to Rift. Got it literally yesterday, loving it so far. So, I cam to the point where I now have to decide for my 3rd soul. After doing some research, I decided I wanted to go with a MM-SIN-Infiltrator build for end game pvp. However, being only level 5 I have no idea how good this is for leveling, so I have some questions;

1. Are the souls I choose permanent? Maybe I can go 3 specific souls for leveling, and then pick 3 new ones?
    2. Does anyone have suggestions on what 3 souls are good for leveling? I am 100% wanting to stay range.
    3. And finally, is the MM-SIN-INF build still good for PvP?

Thanks!

- Konzine (aka Harts)
    1) Not permanent and often changed. Get up to 5 roles as well.
    2) Leveling with ranged? Safest way is deep ranger. But honestly look up the cuisanart guide on these forums for unreal PvE action.
    3) MM/sin, MM/NB, or my personal favorite MM/RNG are all great. My advice is go deep enough for eradicate, especially early in your ranks, so you can contribute the most to your team.

also you get another 6 souls to chose from once u get to the main city
    since u want to stay ranged for pve theres another aoe pve spec similar to cuisinart that uses the sabotour(30 m range) i did sab ranger bard for a while might be hard at starting lvls but sab+ ranger will keep u pretty safe and i actually run MM-Sin-Inf .. and things just die so .. ya

Telaran

I would say a ranger + pet is the way to PvE as a rogue.

As a MM your range doesn't work as well because kiting is just as likely to draw additional Mobs in the quest areas you'll find yourself. Without a pet you end up dying a lot more and don't have any way to escape. With a pet if things go bad you run away, let your pet die and resummon it. No spawn runs.

If you do stay with a MM but don't want a pet, I like sab for sticky bomb. It's a great snare and will provide a decent kiting/escape mechanism. gl

+ Reply to Thread