+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me trouble shoot my Plutonus DPS

Shadowlander

Default Help me trouble shoot my Plutonus DPS

Well hello there fellow rogues. My guild started our first stabs at Plutonus today, and I was looking forwards to the relative tank n' spank nature of the fight to really push my dps. Unfortunately, the numbers I was seeing just weren't quite matching my expectations, so I was hoping that you may be able to help me trouble shoot the problem.

First off, the basics:

Completely unbuffed I have 603 AP, 901 Crit, and 232 hit. I have a 37.8 dps mainhand (Fang of the Life Lord), a 34 dps 2.4 speed offhand and the Aelfwar conspirator's Signet trinket. I was using 2x 12 whetstones, and a Mighty Powersurge Vial.

The spec I was running was 32 sin/23 bd/11 nb, and my guild uses a bard, archon, and our tank was applying Spotter's Orders.

We had a number of pulls, some went better than others, but I was seeing between 1270 and 1400 dps. I've attached the skill breakdown for two of the runs.

I manually apply puncture after a Deadly Strike, started trying to use Flash of Steel (something I'm not used to doing), and kept Impale ticking.

I use one macro that I can spam:

#show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Fiery Spike

I opened the fight with:

Blade Tempo - > Jagged -> Puncture - > macro (bs) -> Impale

Then spammed my macro and used Deadly Strike to finish. Every two minutes, I would hit a deadly strike, cast Blade tempo, vanish, and do Jagged, Puncture, BS, Impale again.

So I suppose my long winded question is, am I performing far below where I should be, or am I about right for my gear level?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help me trouble shoot my Plutonus DPS-1341.jpg   Help me trouble shoot my Plutonus DPS-1408.jpg  
    Last edited by Dreun; 07-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.

Plane Touched

start using fiery spike and keep it up 100%. Maybe change the spec to include 14nb for dusk strike.

Shadowlander

I just think that Deadly Dance is broken since 1.3. I haven't been able to see peoples health go down in pvp after a 5 point deadly dance since the patch. Ditch BD and go to serpent strike in assassin and dump the few remaining points into something else of your choosing IMO.
    Last edited by Kriosym; 07-07-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

wut ? /10 char
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

poo spec,

roll hoko and msab

profit

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    start using fiery spike and keep it up 100%. Maybe change the spec to include 14nb for dusk strike.
    Yep. Fiery Spike alone should be 180dps.

Respec to Deadly Dance-oteur.
    Officer of Ginnunga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriosym View Post
    I just think that Deadly Dance is broken since 1.3. I haven't been able to see peoples health go down in pvp after a 5 point deadly dance since the patch. Ditch BD and go to serpent strike in assassin and dump the few remaining points into something else of your choosing IMO.
    Yeah, totally broken. And all the Sabodancers and wolf specs out there just haven't said anything about it because we don't mind parsing 800 on Plutonus.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Sword of Telara

im lost, DD still works perfectly fine for me O.o. got higher than ever on plut last week.

+ Reply to Thread