+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Assassin PvPers leaving Rift

Default Assassin PvPers leaving Rift

I hope this is just my experience, but I hear that many Assassin PvP oriented players will leave the game by the end of this summer.

Basically, what they are saying is that all classes but Rogues are immortal as they can pour out sustained DPS, heal themselves, and have loads of tools to mitigate damage, snare, and so on. They complain that skills like Anathema are completely useless as it does not really matter to halve a 6k heal: 3k HPs are enough to put back the opponent to full health.

Warriors are tanks who can take tons of damage and almost one-shot a rogue. Clerics do not die even if the player takes a break between 2 heals. Mages can laugh at you while they kill you and heal themselves at the same time.

Peronally, I take advantage of the many souls my class offers and try to adapt to specific situations. But my guild is going to lose all the PvP Assassin, and I am worried this might be a widespread "desease". Rift is by far the best MMO on the market and I do not want to see it dying.

Any thoughts? What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Archangelus; 07-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Prophet of Telara

This should get interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post
    I hope this is just my experience, but I hear that many Assassin PvP oriented players will leave the game by the end of this summer.

Basically, what they are saying is that all classes but Rogues are immortal as they can pour out sustained DPS, heal themselves, and have loads of tools to mitigate damage, snare, and so on. They complain that skills like Anathema are completely useless as it does not really matter to halve a 6k heal: 3k HPs are enough to put back the opponent to full health.

Warriors are tanks who can take tons of damage and almost one-shot a rogue. Clerics do not die even if the player takes a break between 2 heals. Mages can laugh at you while they kill you and heal themselves at the same time.

Peronally, I take advantage of the many souls my class offers and try to adapt to specific situations. But my guild is going to lose all the PvP Assassin, and I am worried this might be a widespread "desease". Rift is by far the best MMO on the market and I do not want to see it dying.

im not the biggest pvper, so maybe my opinion dosnt matter.

i play a 51 point sin, rank 3 in full PvE gear (given good pve gear). mages are no problem if i can kill them initially. the first thing to do is decide their class. the only ones that give me trouble are high rank chloros, although they usually can do little to kill me.

cleric healers suck to fight at high rank. i cant take em, but i can keep them from being able to do much to heal their team.

warriors ive yet to meet one that gives me a huge issue. while they can mitigate well, their roots/stuns/snares work as poorly as ours, but even with only 6 points in rng their range dps is no match for mine. ive yet to ever have a warrior hit me harder than i hit them.

it sounds like a big issue is people imagine sins to be this big burst kill run anything they want. warriors to all be tanks, healers to all need tanks and such to survive, mages to be squishy free prestiege. its not near that way

Shadowlander

It's a PVE game not a PVP game, and anyone thinks other wise is a mage or cleric.

The PVP healing is out of control and I mostly agree with your post besides the warrior part where I can deal with them if my cd's are up if not I am dead.

I hope they address the rogue concerns sooner then later because in time this will make rogues move to the next MMO but for now I think most are waiting for the fix not leaving yet.

IMO our poisons are useless and if the would change/fix them to be a good healing debuff say 75% debuff with 50% chance (maybe little OP) and a root type of poison that works it would fix most of the issues.

Mages in general need a little fixing, they can dps/heal/port/shield/dot/debuff the tree needs to be adjusted that if they want massive dps/dots the healing has to suffer. Right now they have the best of all worlds. Cleric's....well when it takes 5-7 people beating on one cleric thats well geared to kill him, the game is just broken.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vengerr View Post
    I mostly agree with your post.....
    I am afraid I did not explain myself properly. I am not trying to make a statement here. I think that with 5 slots for 5 builds there is no reason to whine. We can adapt to various PvP scenarios. Also, Trion has already demonstrated that they listen to the player base and try to improve the game very quickly.

Unfortunately, many players I know do not share my views. They like to play Assassin in PvP and they are lamenting the impossibility to be competitive or even have fun. They say they will leave if their soul will not be fixed soon.

I would like to know if this is a problem concerning only my guildmates or if it is a common way of thinking.

Shadowlander

Each to their own, I hear both sides of people leaving and people staying. I think we would hear a lot less of people leaving if they make PVP more interesting and fix a few issues with rogues.

I even heard from some top end PVP guilds that are close to leaving because the PVP is boring. As I said its a PVE game not PVP and until they fix that they will lose PVPers in time not just rogues.

I cancelled today, but not for the reasons in the op.

For anyone interested, here is my goodbye post.

Champion

It's a PVE game not a PVP game, and anyone thinks other wise is a mage or cleric.

The PVP healing is out of control and I mostly agree with your post besides the warrior part where I can deal with them if my cd's are up if not I am dead.

I hope they address the rogue concerns sooner then later because in time this will make rogues move to the next MMO but for now I think most are waiting for the fix not leaving yet.

IMO our poisons are useless and if the would change/fix them to be a good healing debuff say 75% debuff with 50% chance (maybe little OP) and a root type of poison that works it would fix most of the issues.

Mages in general need a little fixing, they can dps/heal/port/shield/dot/debuff the tree needs to be adjusted that if they want massive dps/dots the healing has to suffer. Right now they have the best of all worlds. Cleric's....well when it takes 5-7 people beating on one cleric thats well geared to kill him, the game is just broken.....
    No what they have to do is reduce all incoming heal debuffs, maybe toss out a couple 10-20% ones (maybe one could be aoe or something of that likes) to a some souls, but make all incoming heal debuffs stack. Maybe even with themselves in some cases (for example the warrior one, personally i would mess with it far more, but it can be changed to only 10% but can stack 5 times allowing it to go up to 50% or such). That would reduce pvp healing enough to make it reasonable.

Champion

I even heard from some top end PVP guilds that are close to leaving because the PVP is boring. As I said its a PVE game not PVP and until they fix that they will lose PVPers in time not just rogues.
    Definitely agree. The pvp just lacks the luster Warhammer online had (99 problems but pvp ain't one) maybe they did have some balancing issues but anyways Rift pvp needs updating to keep it interesting. It almost seems to be like Champions Online, really interesting for a while but then gets far too dull far too fast.
    Last edited by garethh; 07-07-2011 at 07:50 PM.

PvP is coming. The Enclave will be there to greet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangelus View Post

Any thoughts? hmmmm....

Thought 1 - Obvious Troll

Thought 2 - If not a troll then you know a lot of bad Rogues.

Assassins are leaving?
    I love my Hight Moblility Assassin!More crit, more AP, more absorbe and more survivability!
    Don't like it?Go NB and have fun Fel Blading everyone!

Shadowlander

i am an assassin since launch and ive pretty much just kind of stopped playing, and its not that i dont WANT to play, there is just nothing to do...

i pvped my way to rank 5, (looking at 350k more prestige to go is kind of depressing), done the same 4 warfronts six billion times, raided until i had all nice t2 plaque gear with 2 eyemanglers

ive tried other specs, and after barding port scion for so many games, (most heals as a bard is always cool) i just got bored, the other specs just dont suit what i enjoy playing in a game

it sucks because rift was quite enjoyable to me, now im just waiting for the battlefield 3 beta

Plane Touched

Warriors can dw and do more burst than rogues. Partly due to the warrior vs rogue combat point systems. Partly due to the largest burst skill being use able only out of stealth. Maybe when deadly dance gets nerfed and the souls get a semi proper fix rogues will have the burst warriors do.

i do my world pvp in 32asn/21bd/13infil and while a deadly dance + blade tempo + cloak and dagger assassinate is nice, being able to do it only once every 2 mins is annoying. Not to mention if you do that you do not have slip up for survival needs. 1v1 you need slip to bleed out a warrior or burst down a cleric/chlorolock.

Assassin and needs a lot of work in the tree imo for pve and pvp.

Thank god. Maybe I can PvP now without half of the other team being little assasin rogues that only fight 2v1 and slip away if they take 2 damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast