+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NB PVP build

Shadowlander

Default NB PVP build

I have been running the base 51sin/15inf about 50% R6 gear and starting to get bored of the spec. I know people have talk about a good NB pvp spec and I haven't really played much NB.

Would anyone mind posted a good build and a rotation I can toy with?

Thanks,

Plane Touched

Here is a guide for pvp NB (post 1.2 though, but its still quite usefull since NB havent changed much): http://www.tophatgents.com/forums/vi...816&gid=203634
    I personally use 44 NB/20 inf/ 2 MM instead of Rng.
    The reason for 20 inf is i like permanent stealth (even though inf version is very slow), 2 MM instead of Rng is for swift shot and hasted shot (for anti-kiter). 44 NB gives you fell blade+3 immunity cds, and 20 inf gives you anathema+break free and cleanse soul.
    You wont have big bursts like sin/sab builds, instead you have way better survivability, average solid dps, and 2 healing debuffs which are extremly useful to take down most of healers/casters (except some hard-core pure healing spec p6 clerics)). Since NB relies on cds to survive, the nature nemesis of him is MM with eradicate. It doesnt mean this build is totally useless agaisnt 44+ MM but you will find it a hard fight against a MM with Improved Hit-n-run on.
    Last edited by SlientShadow; 07-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Champion

44NB 22BD 0Sab or inf
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0Mo.VhtRGsgRss

Its worked well for me, its of course a melee type spec, but opposed to assassin it trades a bit of its spike dmg for utility and survivability.

Overall decent consistent dps, relies more on the bladedancer tree for the melee damage and nightblade for addon damage here and there. I threw in sabeteur as a use for the time when i cant get in combat, so i can always be doing something and that something gives the class an amazing spike to take down healers. Also it has flash of steel (a charge) and a 15 sec 70% movement speed buff to stop any kiting. Its worked pretty well for me so far. I'm 46, die less than most (usually 0-2 times a warfront) while topping killing blows and pulling great overall damage. Usually (like everyone i have my off warfronts) but the class has a move for every situation, a way to counter near anything you just have to watch the cooldowns and get down to a science when to pop what.

Macro wise i use 2, 1 with the bladedancer moves, 1 with scourage of darkness and deadly strike
    (i have 16 buttons i use on a semi consistent basis, then 5 additional i rarely ever use; if you can't get that many places to bind you might have to work out another macro or 2)
    Ideal rotation:
    5 charges->scourage of darkness->3 fiery strikes->reach the target->dusk strike->deadly strike->bladedancer macro and deadly strike till they are at 20% life then i burst the bombs. From that rotation I just cut out what i don't have time for, usually always fiery strike because fiery strike breaks the 7 nightblade stagger and mauybe a charge or 2 because i don't have the time
    Last edited by garethh; 07-07-2011 at 07:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs up

51 NB rocks so i am sure 44 will do the same and even more with Inf!

General of Telara

I've been using 51NB for a bit and it does very well. Recently I'm trying a 44NB/22RS/0Inf build because I'm super low on Valor so I wanted to give a more defensive build a try. The 3 gap closers as well as 1 defensive shift has really kept me alive in Warfronts.

With regards to the builds using BD, do you find it worth it to spec into so many traits that relate to Dodge/Parry? When I tried using BD, the only time I consistently found myself dodging was when I used Side Steps and that's only effective against Rogues/Warriors. Think it would be more worthwhile to go 3/3 Combat Efficiency rather than Turn the Tide + Reprisal?

Shadowlander

51NB15inf0bd rocks

Anathema and fel blades stack =healer dead

When you have all up (ebon fury scourge of darkness and living flame) no one can survive at your burst.

Living flame is good not only for aoe.

i use this build in black garden when black out and other defensive cd,can save my *** from massive damage.

44 NB is good but without living flame(1min cd) you loose burst

its fun for sure but imo 44 or 51 nb lacks in punch.

you wanna kill someone at least and not only be able to use one immunity after another?

i would suggest a build more like

32 nb 19 bd 15 inf

or 32 nb 21 bd 13 inf

your immunitys are twilight shelter, cleanse soul and side steps.

in a 1vs1 situation you should be able to kill the average pvper with just using one of them. (or none)
    for mages i prefer cleanse soul, then just kill it, put anathema on top to get sure.
    for warriors and rogues side steps (if you are the one that attacks first)
    i only use twilight shelter if i get stabbed from stealth or other panic mode situations ^^.

32 nb 34 sin should be fun too, but not tried it yet.

hopefully trion nerfs pvp healing soon, so we can focus on other builds without healdebuffs.
    Last edited by Yoma; 07-08-2011 at 07:04 AM.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the replys, on the 44nb/20inf or even the nb/sin combo anyone have good advise on some macros?

Soulwalker

For a 51 NB-build, which enchantment is better of smoldering blades and hellfire blades?

General of Telara

Hellfire cause of Melted Skin

+ Reply to Thread