+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranged vs Melee Sab

Shadowlander

Default Ranged vs Melee Sab

So I see people comment about how if you sub rng with Sab you get some kind of ranged ability? Is that to detonate, because obviously, you can place charges from a distance.

I feel like I really want to play some form of Sab/Bard. This would affect how I make my build.

Thanks!

You need a ranged soul in order to have ranged mastery. Serves two purposes lets the charges use your bow dmg and let's you proc your poisons ect with your ranged autoattacks.

When you called me delusional I laughed so hard I almost fell off my unicorn!!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nadili View Post
    You need a ranged soul in order to have ranged mastery. Serves two purposes lets the charges use your bow dmg and let's you proc your poisons ect with your ranged autoattacks.
    Thanks.

So if I wanted to pvp as a bard/sab, I should sub a rng? Or would that combo be ******edly bad at everything.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by cubinh View Post
    Thanks.

So if I wanted to pvp as a bard/sab, I should sub a rng? Or would that combo be ******edly bad at everything.
    I wouldn't recommend it. First of all, the second you whip out the lute you're going to get a ****load of attention. Secondly, this attention can and likely will get you dead before you have enough time to stack 5 charges and pop a detonate, rendering your overall damage pretty low.

While the concept of having Bard support and Sab burst damage might sound attractive, practical application of such tactics will probably not work.

If you want to PvP as a Bard, you should probably look into things to either increase your survivability or something that will allow you to deal instantaneous damage on the move. I'd look at Bladedancer, Riftstalker, Ranger and Marksman as your primary options.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 07-07-2011 at 03:11 PM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread