+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: T3 synergy crystals: first look.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Villainelle View Post
    Yes. And yes, most of them are bad. Specifically, these:

Sab 2pc
    Sin 2pc
    Bard 2pc
    Rift 2pc
    Ranger 4pc
    BD 4pc
    MM 4pc

So fully half of them are bad, whether underpowered or inappropriate for raiding. Cuz, y'know, this is raid armor.
    15% extra cadence dmg is pretty significant, my cadence already heals for a decent amount and with an extra 15% it will be well over 300 a tick. I don't use the DD spec atm but i feel like this crystal just pidgeon holes bards into having to use it, now bards rotation will be:

Start combat
    Motifs
    Cadence
    repeat
    Last edited by Lelan; 07-07-2011 at 11:12 AM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Sabo 2-piece is trash, 4-peice is remarkably OP. Given that Blade Tempo in Sabdancer typically only covers 2 sets of charges anyway, you now get Blade Tempo every 30 seconds instead of every 2 minutes -- just hit Incrim right before you detonate, then slap the next set of charges on and detonate them.
    Can't be done. If it was 7 seconds it would be barely possible.

omfg... that nightblade crystal just makes me QQ even more.

just cause i know i'll probably never step foot inside Hammerknell.

But I guess if someone is pvping in hammerknell gear then they don't have any valor.

wtb pvp crystals.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

The Bard bonuses are terrible. Cadence damage increased by 15%? Useless. It's essentially 5pt NB, and that doesn't change anything anyway. You gain 10-30 damage per tick maybe? If you have this, you're in Hammerknell. That little extra healing will be dwarfed by Senticars and Wardens. Bards don't really need to use Cadence at all honestly in raids unless it's extreme AOE healing intensive fight.

Verse cooldown reduction? Meh. It can't be that much anyway. I would much rather see Motif duration increased by 30 seconds.

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    NICE! 100% uptime though? aparently mages were complaining about never getting past 2 stacks.
    broken and doesnt proc at all from either melee or ranged. At least it wasn't proccing for me.

Took screenshots of these on the PTS. They look pretty terrible for us in general. Some are obviously unfinished.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/3...uecrystals.jpg

The Saboteur 4 piece bonus is pretty sick, though. Like a free mini-Blade Tempo every 30 seconds. Sabodancer is going to be amazing in HK, methinks.
    Thanks for posting this, Villainelle.
    <Eventide> @ US-Deepwood
    2/10 HK | 4/4 RoS | 5/5 GSB | 4/4 GP
    R6

Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    The Bard bonuses are terrible. Cadence damage increased by 15%? Useless. It's essentially 5pt NB, and that doesn't change anything anyway. You gain 10-30 damage per tick maybe? If you have this, you're in Hammerknell. That little extra healing will be dwarfed by Senticars and Wardens. Bards don't really need to use Cadence at all honestly in raids unless it's extreme AOE healing intensive fight.

Verse cooldown reduction? Meh. It can't be that much anyway. I would much rather see Motif duration increased by 30 seconds.
    Now that I look at it, you're right, it's balls. Hopefully the 4pc is something like 50% reduction.

Sure the motif duration increase would make bard easier to play but I'd rather have something like 'Increases buff effectiveness by 50%' or something along those lines.
    Let's just thank Christ that they got rid of twinking. It truly lacked any skill to twink.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by kyth View Post
    broken and doesnt proc at all from either melee or ranged. At least it wasn't proccing for me.
    nice.. >.<

Plane Touched

If the stack refreshes itself, it certainly will be. Even at 1%, that's +20% AP permanently...a bit ridiculous.
    it's 1%, 20stacks and it refreshes itself, takes about 45sec to get full stacks. In full relic it brought me from 906 to 1077ap. 171ap.

it's 1%, 20stacks and it refreshes itself, takes about 45sec to get full stacks. In full relic it brought me from 906 to 1077ap. 171ap.
    that's def the one i will be using then, that's a stack every 2 seconds just about, so probably a 50% proc chance (if abilities). looks like the hoko spec will be very good in hammerknell
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    that's def the one i will be using then, that's a stack every 2 seconds just about, so probably a 50% proc chance (if abilities). looks like the hoko spec will be very good in hammerknell
    forsooth..

Yar, just tested it too. Pretty sweet. Wish the 4pc BD bonus didn't suck.

Some other stuff on crystals that aren't properly labeled:

Rift Disturbance cooldown: is lowered by 2 seconds, from 8s to 6s
    MM energy cost reduction: 10%

Trinket: Melee and ranged abilities have a chance to increase AP by 30 for 20 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.

The trinket self-refreshes.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You think those are bad? Do you even play rogue? These are amazing.
    Right, 10 less damage as a tank is sooo sexy I can hardly wait......
    Dear Players,
    We really don't have a Vision for the Mage Class. We are just winging it based on conversations around the water cooler. Occasionally we hire a Shaman to come read squirrel entrails. He says he can predict the future and it makes a tasty sandwich when he is done, so who are we to argue. Please continue to insert your $15 per month and have a nice day.

Bard crystal reduces Verse *cooldown by 20%
    Last edited by Villainelle; 07-07-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    Villainelle
    <Momentum>
    DEFIANT | SHATTERBONE US

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Draegan's Avatar

It seems like the majority of the bonuses are being implemented from the point of view of people doing 5 man content.

This is Hammerknell after all, how many Saboteurs will be using Frag or Chem bomb?

Daily News for Rift: Planes of Telara| Follow us on Twitter | Rift Junkies Forum
    Laugh at our Webcomic Series
    Read the Patch Notes | Check out our Guides
    Stay Informed: Dev Tracker | Register for our Guild Database
    Rift Junkies is an Official Fansite of Rift: Planes of Telara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast