+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can someone post me a 1800+ dps build.

Default Can someone post me a 1800+ dps build.

For dungeons.

Sword of Telara

melee sab with blade tempo could do it, but it requires a good group and raid gear

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    For dungeons.
    Well the first thing you need is two Legendary weapons.

Post again when you have those, and we'll go from there.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

This thread makes me wonder what I have been doing over the last month or so... I guess the OP doesn't actually read the other threads posted here... /baffled
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

can the hoko spec pull 1800 on single target 5 man bosses?

Ascendant

Judging by the hoko spec rotation it seems like it was made for single target. And 5 man bosses with enough hit are basically the same as any other mob (It seems).
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    This thread makes me wonder what I have been doing over the last month or so... I guess the OP doesn't actually read the other threads posted here... /baffled
    Have you made a 1 button 1900 dps build yet?

Get back in to your cubicle!!!!
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

you wont hit that on 5mans without super buffs!!! you need an archon, bard, warlord tank, and chloro healer. and then they have to spend all their time debuffing/buffing while you are the ONLY dps.

but yes my 1 button spec will do 1900 on a 5man boss, actually more since the mob will die faster... so long as you have the right 5man :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Sword of Telara

i was thinking melee sab might be more feaseable with it as, with a good group, many bosses will be under a minute and with silent setup you get a 6 second head start (so, say, 46 seconds worth of DPS in a 40 second fight) and such.

all and all, its something i dont plan to try to really test anyways but someone might be bored enough to!

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    i was thinking melee sab might be more feaseable with it as, with a good group, many bosses will be under a minute and with silent setup you get a 6 second head start (so, say, 46 seconds worth of DPS in a 40 second fight) and such.

all and all, its something i dont plan to try to really test anyways but someone might be bored enough to!
    IMO, melee sab only shines on a fight that lasts a couple of minutes. You need time for the bleeds to tick and accumulate. You're much better of going with the typical bd/sin/nb or even the hoko spec (if you have energy reduction, if you don't have reduction, you need to break up the macro or the spec is useless.)

Silent setup is cool and all, and sab used to be really good for 5 mans because the dungeons were difficult and you'd take the time to stop after a pull, giving you time to pre-load your charges on the next mob. Nowadays tho, tanks kinda just lolleroy into groups of mobs and you don't have any time to pre-load anything, making another DD spec a much more viable option.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wuladien View Post
    IMO, melee sab only shines on a fight that lasts a couple of minutes. You need time for the bleeds to tick and accumulate. You're much better of going with the typical bd/sin/nb or even the hoko spec (if you have energy reduction, if you don't have reduction, you need to break up the macro or the spec is useless.)

Silent setup is cool and all, and sab used to be really good for 5 mans because the dungeons were difficult and you'd take the time to stop after a pull, giving you time to pre-load your charges on the next mob. Nowadays tho, tanks kinda just lolleroy into groups of mobs and you don't have any time to pre-load anything, making another DD spec a much more viable option.
    ahh, i was reffering to what the OP said, a 1800 dps build in dungeons. if youre trying to do this i doubt its going to just happen by chance while youre venturing through a dungeon. you would probably have a group knowing they are going to this, which would give you atleast 5 seconds before the boss is pulled :P.

in 40 seconds you could easily get 2 full spike charge's off as well as a good few shraps, ending on a blast charge.

i can agree on average venturing through a dungeon you dont have much time to set up, but when i do a T2 i also cant find many non-guild tanks who can hold agro off me if im not incriminating them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    Maybe he's looking for a melee spec(?)
    It's not winning that counts.
    It's making sure everyone else loses

Hoko only works in 20 man raids with max buffs.

Soulwalker

"Nightsabbard" is the only spec that can pull 1800 single targ. if you time your rotos you can approach 2k in full ravager's gear

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sunesha View Post
    "Nightsabbard" is the only spec that can pull 1800 single targ. if you time your rotos you can approach 2k in full ravager's gear
    please post more about this. ive yet to see bard increase a role's personal DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast