+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ? regarding Sabdancer + proc trinks/greaters

Rift Disciple

Default ? regarding Sabdancer + proc trinks/greaters

so correct me if im wrong, but i believe you get much much less procs off of proc items using this sabdancer/melee sab spec right?

if that is true, is it still worth it to use something like the trinket Shard of Planes, and the Greater from the IPP quest line that also procs 50ap (i think) ap on hit?

or would using like Icon of Eternal Darkness or something else be better? thanks!

Champion of Telara

With any Sab build, all your charges (and chances to proc) fire off at the same time.

Most procs on items of any type have an internal cooldown. If you have a proc that does direct damage, then you will virtually guarantee 1, and exactly 1 proc when you detonate.

This is "bad" because in most cases, a spammy normal build can proc more than once every 6 seconds.

However, this does not apply to proc buffs. While they do have an internal cooldown, they also last for 10/15/30 seconds or whatever. This means that every time you det, you more or less guarantee that you'll proc the buff for the next 10 seconds.

So, Sab specs want to avoid "CHANCE TO PROC xx DAMAGE" -- Mortuous and CVB are exceptionally poor for these builds. Mastertools are weaker than for other builds. Sab specs use any buff procs (Shard of the Planes) just fine though.

Rift Disciple

damn 5 min bullsh*t

the above question is assuming you dont have enough faction w/ Codex to get World of War or whatever the guardian one is called, i think its Whispering silence

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EasymodeX View Post
    With any Sab build, all your charges (and chances to proc) fire off at the same time.

Most procs on items of any type have an internal cooldown. If you have a proc that does direct damage, then you will virtually guarantee 1, and exactly 1 proc when you detonate.

This is "bad" because in most cases, a spammy normal build can proc more than once every 6 seconds.

However, this does not apply to proc buffs. While they do have an internal cooldown, they also last for 10/15/30 seconds or whatever. This means that every time you det, you more or less guarantee that you'll proc the buff for the next 10 seconds.

So, Sab specs want to avoid "CHANCE TO PROC xx DAMAGE" -- Mortuous and CVB are exceptionally poor for these builds. Mastertools are weaker than for other builds. Sab specs use any buff procs (Shard of the Planes) just fine though.
    perfect, thanks bud, appreciate the info

Soulwalker

Would Verdant Archbow's Proc effect work with sandancer build?
    Im assuming just for detonate? Making Verdant Archbow useless?
    Trying to debate if i should go Weeping Edge or Verdant Bow... Hmm
    Last edited by Shotta; 07-07-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Shotta View Post
    Would Verdant Archbow's Proc effect work with sandancer build?
    Im assuming just for detonate? Making Verdant Archbow useless?
    Trying to debate if i should go Weeping Edge or Verdant Bow... Hmm
    Weeping edge, end of question.

weeping edge is pretty much the best weapon in the game right now, for rogues and warriors
    Sanguinary < WDTEHJ >
    Rogue deeps
    17/17 Raid T1 (ROS conquerer) | 4/11 HK

+ Reply to Thread