+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Theft Of Thought Advice.

Default Theft Of Thought Advice.

I reached PR6 last night and have been eyeing Theft of Thought for dealing with casters. Was considering using it with a NB build. Not sure if it's a worthy investment. Would like to see some feedback from experienced melee rogues before I decide. Keep in mind, it's a specialized, anti-caster/healer, NB build I want to try.
    Last edited by Holy Terror; 07-07-2011 at 06:09 AM.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

NB trashes casters without Theft of Thought. You also lose damage by going up the left side of the tree instead of getting Focused Intent. ToT also does not go well with NB because it does not work with Lingering Flame.

Theft of Thought is basically an archaic remnant of the Rift beta that will probably be removed or completely reworked at some point. Damage is low, mana drain is negligible. You're better off splitting and grabbing both Pardon the Interruption and Focused Intent if you're just obsessed with being "anti-caster" and hate being versatile.

Duly noted. Thanks for the advice. Im not obsessed with anti-caster. Ive got 4 roles. 5th a waste of plat imho. Just wondered if ToT would be any better than the build im currently running. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...boz.iItoGqgoos. Ive been doing great with this vs. most opponents. Especially casters. Guess I just have 'grass is greener...' syndrome. Anyway, I'll just stick with what I'm doing now. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it"
    Last edited by Holy Terror; 07-07-2011 at 08:46 AM.

This is the build I used before my current one. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RGogoss.xx0R0f. I actually did better vs healers with this via Anathema and Sleight of Hand but found myself wanting versatility.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Terror View Post
    This is the build I used before my current one. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...RGogoss.xx0R0f. I actually did better vs healers with this via Anathema and Sleight of Hand but found myself wanting versatility.
    You're probably like me and don't like 51 point specs, but give Living Flame spec a shot. It's pretty strong in most situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    You're probably like me and don't like 51 point specs, but give Living Flame spec a shot. It's pretty strong in most situations.
    Only souls ive not tried 51 spec are NB, MM, Ranger & Sab but like you, I'm no fan of 51 pnt specs. I'll try your 51 NB spec. Imo, ppl should try many specs before they settle in. Yeah, it's cost me a lot of plat but exploring everything your calling is capable of is a worthy investment.

+ Reply to Thread