+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hoko 3.0 spec for when Sabodancer gets nerfed (2056dps)

Default The Hoko 3.0 spec for when Sabodancer gets nerfed (2056dps)

Yes, Sabodancer is insane, way too powerful, I easily sustain 6k aoe dps and have no problems maximizing single target dps with it! So incase they nerf it I did some testing with some new macros and came up with the Hoko 3.0 spec, it takes a little more work than the earlier 1 button versions, and even has a few tricky rotations but I think it will be worth it if they ever get rid of sabodancer, if not, then just ignore this and either use the Hoko 2.0 version or sabodancer as you see fit.

First, the spec: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0ckck.Vf0I0s0o with a disclaimer (i do not use crippling shot)

Second compare it to Hoko 2.0 parse http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/...oso/hoko30.jpg As you can see, i only lost 4dps even though i lost 6% dex. This is because of 2 things

First, I upgraded to t3 shoulders and BiS ring

Second, More complicated rotation without any wasted combo points yay!

Ok, now for the macros

2cp:
    #show Backstab
    petattack
    petcast Bite
    petcast Maul
    cast Precision strike
    cast Puncture
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Blade Tempo
    cast Quick Shot
    cast Escape Artist

1cp:
    #show Keen Strike
    petattack
    petcast Bite
    petcast Maul
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast Poison Malice
    cast Escape Artist

First thing to note, i split up poison malice and blade tempo, this allows you to not lose 50 energy right off the bat and stagger the two abilities better.

Ranged spam macro:
    #show Quick Shot
    petpassive
    cast Quick Shot

Aoe starter macro:
    #show Shadow Fire
    petdefensive
    cast Shadow Fire

Other notable abilities to put on bar: Headshot, Deadly Strike, Concussive Blast, Trick Shot, Divert Rage, Side Steps, Weapon Barrage (for ranged interrupt when not spamming melee macros), and of course your buffs!

Buffs to keep up: Virulent Poison, Lethal Poison, Combat Preparation, Predatory Instincts (yes you have access to the other one, it still sucks)

Don't forget Hasten Call and your trusty wolf (which you should rename Hokospec as soon as possible).

Now for the rotations!

Single target I wanna beat warriors rotation:
    Charge into battle! Spam 2cp macro until 4cps then spam 1cp macro, keep headshot buff up and do the deadly dance.

Disclaimer: you will run into 2 rotations based on luck, timing, whatever! You will have rotations where you use both 2cp abilities on one run and then nothing but 1cp abilities, or you will have a nice pretty rotation where you use only 1 2cp ability per rotation. If you have the nice rotation where your 2cp abilities are split then you want to only use charge when out of range (depending on fight) and after you use headshot. HOWEVER, if you get on the rotation where both 2cp abilities are firing off on the same rotation, you should use charge every time you use 3 1cp abilities after a deadly strike to get to 5 faster and not waste any deadly dance charges. Yes this is a complicated rotation, but worth it as it eeks out the most dps.

Now the fun part, you get to use this spec all the time! It now works on every single boss in the game!!!

AoE fun time rotation!

First, use your shadow fire macro, this puts your pet on defensive so you dont have to worry about it attacking the right add, make sure to keep him on passive when not aoe'ing, using the ranged macro makes this much easier. secondly you want to trick shot-> charge and deadly strike, then back up and trick shot x3 then deadly strike again! rinse and repeat! reapply shadow fire when you get unlucky with trick shot procs and still dont have 5cps to get the buff back up, the buff is very useful here! Headshot buff is also good but by now you should know how to keep that buff up already.

I think I covered everything, keep in mind, using the old spec with this new rotation = highest dps possible with this spec, you can call that Hoko 2.5 or something, but this is the complete spec with the complete rotations, if I missed anything feel free to ask questions, I will not be able to update/edit this post so 25+ pages later this will suck :P
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

p.s. i dont pvp so I have no words of war, if you do, i suggest using it either in the 2cp macro or with blade tempo, that will add another 150dps i think, that trinket is pretty OP.

also get gloamsilk poison for another 35dps which i did not use since i wanted to compare to my last parse which also did not use it.
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™

Sword of Telara

i dont think sabdancer is getting nerfed soon :P they reworked the buff to make it work :P

Quote Originally Posted by Seyon View Post
    i dont think sabdancer is getting nerfed soon :P they reworked the buff to make it work :P
    just look at it this way, if it doesnt get nerfed that's great, but if it does? well this is a spec here that is very competitive and i think will be the winner of the battle that insues after the nerfs.

Sword of Telara

makes enough sense. its always good to have other viable specs around.

waiting on the return of the nightblade..

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    p.s. i dont pvp so I have no words of war, if you do, i suggest using it either in the 2cp macro or with blade tempo, that will add another 150dps i think, that trinket is pretty OP.

also get gloamsilk poison for another 35dps which i did not use since i wanted to compare to my last parse which also did not use it.
    How do you get Gloamsilk Poison as Guardian?

Anyone know where the merchant is, the only time I ever saw it was from the quest out of Gloamwood, and thats not repeatable.

Rift Disciple

I will probably stick to the goold old 31 ranger/17sin/18 marksman since it seems like it will scale extremely well with gear upgrades from hammerknell.
    Last edited by deathjackal; 07-06-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Whitejackale
    <Iconic Fatality>

Plane Walker

Can you post a parse on the dummy without raid buffs or consumables? I'm curious to see baseline damage.
    Last edited by iEchoic; 07-06-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Ekkoh <Tabula Rasa>
    Laethys
    11/11

Prophet of Telara

Been using this two button macro with your spec for awhile now. After I hit 50 a few days ago I spent 6+ hours on the dummies trying all different kinds of rotational variations and small changes to the spec. I tried several different three button macros, but for some reason I couldn't get any of them to parse higher than the one button macro (they were consistently 20-30 dps lower). The two variations of two button macros I tried (one of them being yours exactly), parsed anywhere from 25-35 dps higher over a 15 min parse (over 5+ 15 minutes parses).

I also tried several variations of the build that do parse a bit higher on the dummy, but I'm not sure how viable they would be in an actual raiding situation because they require losing flash of steel and the use of tablets (yes I know they suck, but it seemed to help just enough).

Good work as always.

Telaran

where does the gloamsilk poison come from? only place I see is a lvl 23 guardian quest.. is there somewhere else to get enough of it to keep up in raids?

Hoko u meanie.

I SEE WHAT U DID THERE.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2697329

PS:
    Your rotation would be ALOT more simple if u just take out puncture out of your old macro and use it between the rotations including precision strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post

words of war does not add 150 dps (lol) at the moment i use ocean star over words of war even.

congratz to this build. after months of raiding you finally came up with the build which several rogues told you to be better for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post
    words of war does not add 150 dps (lol) at the moment i use ocean star over words of war even.

congratz to this build. after months of raiding you finally came up with the build which several rogues told you to be better for weeks.
    Words of War adds 70-100 DPS for me, depending on build.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    Words of War adds 70-100 DPS for me, depending on build.
    proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoma View Post

The amount of bitter that comes out of you is really astounding, dude.
    Officer of Ginnunga.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast