+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftstalker go

Soulwalker

Default Riftstalker go

So been running hoko spec for a while and have collected quite a tank set. Looking for tips and a solid talent set up. Don't worry i will not throw the gear on and and jump into t2s and raid rifts. I have one of the guild RS main tanks putting me through basic training because she says "it aint for scrubs!"
    Last edited by namelessfear; 07-06-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Ascendant

51 RS / 7 RGR / 8 BD

if you can't work it out, sell your tank gear and go back to DPS. Despite what your tank friend says nothing about this game is hard.

Rift Disciple

Took me 3 t1's (ran the first few with guild as guilds a bit more understanding than pugs) then pugged and was pretty much foreced to run thru xDSM or drop group. Ran xDSM with minimal wipes (group were happy with performance, said they seen much worse) Tanking is not tough just need to understand the very basics.

Sometimes you do get ******s telling you how to do something. Have been in a few runs where some tool from this raiding guild or that raiding guild tell you what to do, or how to do it.... even when your doing it the right way... its just not.... their way....

Hell have even had another tank abuse me for using a taunt during a rift boss... because they decided to jump in on tanking after I had already been tanking for a few minutes at the start of a rift boss just to prove how Epeen the gear they had on..... compared to my t1/t2... yep another rogue. I just lol'd and told em, using a taunt because I am a tank... why you taunt? They pulled threat because they had full t2 or t3 compared to my t1/t2..... again another raiding guilds ****** epeen..

You get used to it though... just put em on ignore and do your thing.... I lol when they get so #@% #@%# at a childs game... but thats what the worlds coming to.... Thats why I am looking forward to 100 acres and..... nature at its best.... and rift when ever I feel like playing....

Rift Disciple

PS, not having a go at raiding guilds for wanting to do good. Just not everyone in raiding guilds as polite as their counterparts. Have had great fun with other guild mates from said raiding guilds.... just some ppl are good... some bad.... but thats why we get ignore and a friends list.

Rift Disciple

heres a few links:

Riftstalker Tanking: Key Abilities and Mechanics (2.0).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Mechanics-2.0

Fletchers' new and improved Tanking guide
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-Tanking-guide

These are the gudes I used when I started to tank... also I used riftjunkies site to compile quick guides to look at for each boss.... just to help while I learned each dungeon from a tanking perspective...

+ Reply to Thread