+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Want to play MM PvE and do good dps?

Telaran

Default Want to play MM PvE and do good dps?

This spec I just parsed at 1050 dps on dummy self buffed
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dk.VMsfzckz.0V
    I have Verdant Archbow and the +100 AP to Shadow Fire from the Greater Essance. Current stats self buffed are: 585 ap, 39.88% crit (788) and 225 hit. This fight basicaly combines the solid sustainded dps of Ranger and combines it with the burst of MM in IHNR. Looking at the spec itself it may not be worth it to put the point into Piercing shot as it is not fully buffed, but for the dps it did a fair amount.

Rift Disciple

I have actually been working on a spec very similar to this one. Mine looks like http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...udR.VMsf0ckc.m though. This way, you get a heavily upgraded wolf pet, which is an even bigger plus. I haven't parsed it lately, but it pulled a steady 900 a few weeks ago. I don't have a Relic bow, and did not have the rotations down to a science yet though. I took Nightblade so I can add Fiery Spike to the rotation too.

The point of a MM spec, as i see it, is to not have a pet. Any variation of MM that has ranger in it is not a MM spec to me. Just my opinion.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...0V0A.VhtMh0t0o

FS after every finisher.
    Only use Swift Shot and Twilight Force to build CPs.
    RapidFireShot - Scourge of Darkness and Hasted Shot are the only used finishers - if u have Hit'n'Run + Verse of Joy u use DeadeyeShot instead of Hasted Shot.

Only raid-compititive MM-DPS build i know of.

PS:
    Fully buffed RFS hits like a dozen trucks... combined to a transformer on steriods.
    Last edited by Coffande; 07-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.

To the OP, Dummy Fights are not really indicitive of real situation DPS results. You need to move about on them to get the results. A better explanation from you would include things like rotations used and information on a few T2 fights., stationary ones, some mobile ones and some where you have to keep moving all the time ones.

To the person saying that including Ranger makes it a non MM spec, well 38 points in MM makes it a MM spec and just because Ranger includes some nice shooty skills and you get your pet for free as a result is no reason not to take ranger. Seriously you are been silly to take such a stance to miss out on things like concussive blast and rain of arrows plus other talents from the ranger tree just because you end up with a pet for it.

Hopefully they will eventually make all the trees viable for DPS as each other for people at some point, but balancing all the trees so they do the same would leave us nothing to moan and complain about, except that we would just come here to complain about the bland homoganisation instead...oh...where have I seen that before

Rift Disciple

@Coffande and Omega42: could you post your macros and rotations, plz ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvenaru View Post
    To the person saying that including Ranger makes it a non MM spec, well 38 points in MM makes it a MM spec and just because Ranger includes some nice shooty skills and you get your pet for free as a result is no reason not to take ranger. Seriously you are been silly to take such a stance to miss out on things like concussive blast and rain of arrows plus other talents from the ranger tree just because you end up with a pet for it.
    Fair enough. I, and i'm sure every MM from beta, would like a petless MM spec that does comparable dps.

I'd love to see the actual parse breakdown and how long the OP parsed for with the rotation.

Soulwalker

I would love to be able to play as a "pure" MM (no pet) but as the game are now there are no spec that gives you the dps "over time" needed/wanted in raid.

But i would like to see your rotations, it would be nice to see if it is possible to actually build something that are getting close to the dps of the "Sozu" build
    Last edited by Zeventhfool; 07-07-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeventhfool View Post
    I would love to be able to play as a "pure" MM (no pet) but as the game are now there are no spec that gives you the dps "over time" needed/wanted in raid.

But i would like to see your rotations, it would be nice to see if it is possible to actually build something that are getting close to the dps of the "Sozu" build
    The optimal rotation would likely be identical to one I have in my 51MM15RNG guide, taking advantage of IHR and RFS from the MM side, while rotating with ranger abilities on the downtime with RFS when up.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    The optimal rotation would likely be identical to one I have in my 51MM15RNG guide, taking advantage of IHR and RFS from the MM side, while rotating with ranger abilities on the downtime with RFS when up.
    This is correct, the only macro i use is:
    cast crippling shot
    cast quick shot

I took out a point in Piercing shot as it seemed better to have another point in Prey on the Weak. Rotation starts with Shadow Fire>macro>macro>macro> Head shot> Strafe>RFS> IHR (works out perfectly to where just as SF ending IHR ends) > SF>macro>macro>HS> reload and repeat. Then just use macro and keep SF up.

Telaran

The dummy parse was over 5 mins and I tested this spec last night in GSB and RoS with the top parse being aprox 1350ish. Not wat I was hoping, but still not terrible. I'll test some more and see if I can get it higher.

+ Reply to Thread