+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dps for t1/t2

Soulwalker

Default dps for t1/t2

Hello all. First off. I dont know jack about rogues. I am a cleric and pretty know what I need for that. I have a friend who is a fresh 50 rogue though who wants to go into t1s and eventually t2s. With that said she isnt the most "sophisticated" gamer ever. I see alot of specs here on the boards but what is a good all around dumby proof one thats easy to use and what kind of macros you guys run for those. Any help would be really appreciated so that her dps can get a little more respectable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronfare View Post
    Hello all. First off. I dont know jack about rogues. I am a cleric and pretty know what I need for that. I have a friend who is a fresh 50 rogue though who wants to go into t1s and eventually t2s. With that said she isnt the most "sophisticated" gamer ever. I see alot of specs here on the boards but what is a good all around dumby proof one thats easy to use and what kind of macros you guys run for those. Any help would be really appreciated so that her dps can get a little more respectable.
    Sozu's ranger build is still soild months after his retirement. Its also foolproof, ranged, etc.

Shadowlander

What does she like about being a rogue right now? Does she like ranged? Does she like melee? Does she bard or tank at all?

Does she use macros at all?

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
    Sozu's ranger build is still soild months after his retirement. Its also foolproof, ranged, etc.
    I tried it, but saboteurs still do more dps. The ranger build is nice if you want something that you can also grind or pvp with, but a spec specifically for dungeons, I'd have to go with the 44 sab 20 sin.

Soulwalker

I think she enjoys being melee right now. She currently has alot of riftstalker, not sure what else off hand. Sazu's looks pretty nice but I don't know if she wants tog o range or not.

She uses 0 macros right now. I can teach her that stuff as long as I know the rotation used for a given spec. I feel like I am going to be half a rogue after all this.

Bufkus, whats the 44 sab 20 sin build you speak of?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ronfare View Post
    I think she enjoys being melee right now. She currently has alot of riftstalker, not sure what else off hand. Sazu's looks pretty nice but I don't know if she wants tog o range or not.

She uses 0 macros right now. I can teach her that stuff as long as I know the rotation used for a given spec. I feel like I am going to be half a rogue after all this.

Bufkus, whats the 44 sab 20 sin build you speak of?
    Here's a guide.

Saboteur is a really simple and powerful build right now. The ranger build may have a little bit better single target DPS but saboteur is easier to use and much better AoE.

If you want a melee DPS build, RS is not optimal, but it is nice utility. My melee spec was great through normal dungeons, but I stopped using it at 50. Range gets more important and is more powerful. Without RS, melee builds are harder to use and RS is too big of a DPS drop.

Rift Disciple

Sabo hands down. 0 macros. You can dumb it doen to 3 buttons literally and do competitive dps. Spiked x 5 det, shrap x 5 det. Rinse repeat. Thats all you do. And ou get to see many pretty numbers on aoe pulls. If she wants to get fieety she can carpet bomb ani bombs on big pulls to stunlock mobs and help the healer out.

She can add in other things when she gets comfortable and is feeling saucy
    Last edited by Lobsterzilla; 06-18-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/2862/lobstercopyq.jpg

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
    Sozu's build is too gear dependent for its damage advantage, when your gear is worse the 44sab/20assassin/2ranger wins.

+ Reply to Thread