+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Help: Bard Warfront Build / Rotation

  1. #1
    Soulwalker RiptidaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default Help: Bard Warfront Build / Rotation

    I'm new to playing with a Bard spec.
    I'm looking for a current 1.2 build with them emphasis on healing/support in Warfronts.
    If anyone can help by linking me and explaining the rotations it would be much appreciated.

    server: Deepstrike | char: Riptidal | guild: Order of Laibach

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    basically there isnt really much to it.
    grab yourself a sacred heirloom of eth from one of the t2's (dont remember which one, did too many, was all one big blur)

    maybe grab riftstalker for the 0 pt shift, a good escape

    hotkey all your motifs alt 1 through alt 5, spam every 25 or so seconds

    spam cadence until 5 combo pts, hit coda of restoration

    if you see a large scale battle going down, or you just wanna make sure everyone on your team stays alive, pop virtuoso with 5 compo pts and spam restoration


    pretty much all there is too it, and if people stick together you can top the healing charts every time

  3. #3
    Soulwalker RiptidaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    What's a good build?
    Can you link me to a soul tree.

    server: Deepstrike | char: Riptidal | guild: Order of Laibach

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Tnanever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    198

    Default

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...b.EIdqiqskqz.V is the standard 51 Bard spec, or if you're feely cheeky you can try:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....gI0Viqskqz.Vh
    Basically Riff (if it's up) or Cadence until 5 CP, hit someone with Deadly Strike and spam Cadence until 5 CP, repeat. Makes Cadence heal for 105% more, and you get Sprint.
    http://Sunrest-Exiled.com
    Conqueror: Greenscale's Blight | Conqueror: River of Souls | Gilded Prophecy: 4/4 | Hammerknell Fortress: 4/11 | Drowned Halls: 4/4 | Prestige: 6/8

  5. #5
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    After trying bard a lot in warfronts I decided to drop it completely in pvp. It depends on if you're playing on a pvp or pve server... on a pvp server you'll usually be the top priority target. Bards have very little mobility and are easy targets. Any 1 dps can dps through your healing, and usually when someone plays a bard they aren't experienced, are undergeared and don't know this which just makes it easier.

    If you do want to pursue bard, I'd suggest something like this:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...skVz.Vfxch0bok

    Macro in switches between offensive and defensive stances and port to get out of trouble. You'll still be weak comparatively to other classes in pvp, but you'll only be slightly weakish and at least have some survivability.

    P.S. - you can macro in offensive stance on cadence, and defensive stance on ports.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-16-2011 at 12:25 AM.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Guys it seems to me that some of you don't have a clue how to play bard in PvP. It is not about DPS. It is not about 1-vs-1 PvP at all. For DPS we can switch builds easily, can't we? It is about many-vs-many PvP. It is about control and support.

    First of Bard tree - spend 34 points to get instant cast CC non-cooldown spell and use it all the time! Do not bother spending past 34. Keep speed anthem up - properly talented it will be +20% speed even in battle.
    Second tree is Riftstalketr. Spend 26-27 points and get every piece of defensive stuff like +armor/-defense/imp guardian phase/+stamina/+heal on you/shield after teleport/shield finisher.
    You will also get 4-5 teleports (depending if you want Shadow Assault which is really marginal in this build) so there would be plenty of ways to run away, jump around and drive opponnents nuts. Did someone say something about poor mobility?
    You will need to learn when to pop Guardian Phase cause once GP is up I have 7500+ hp and almost 40% damage resistance in blue-epic non-tank gear. However your healing ability would be hampered. I switch GP on when it is tough, hit Riff and spam 5point AOE mass-heals. It really helps. Other than that do not use GP.
    Third tree is Sab because of the aoe-slow.

    That's it. Practice it and enjoy. And remember - this is a non-leeroy build.

  7. #7
    General of Telara joker225's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    938

    Default Group support bard!

    Build:
    Saboteur (0) / Bard (34) / Riftstalker (32)

    Explanation:
    You need 34 Bard for Verse of Captivation.
    You want to have max survivability as a Bard. Believe it or not you will be focused a lot due to low range (20m) so I put 32 points in Riftstalker. I could put less but I rather have 1 free spec that I can move freely around.
    Why saboteur? Because saboteur has insane snare which helps your group quite a lot

    Macro 1:
    #show Verse of Captivation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Verse of Captivation
    cast Verse of Captivation

    Macro 2:
    #show Rift Prison
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Rift Prison
    cast Rift Prison

    Playstyle:
    Refresh your motifs. Use Codas as required. Use Anthems as required.
    Most important thing is, this build is not meant to to much healing.
    You can heal, but this is not the most important part.
    What you should do is CC and buff your party.
    You heal as support.

    I use Tank sigil for bard.
    I use Guardian Phase most of the time cause I am being focus fired a lot.

    It's always nice to teleport into their group and CC the entire group while some noob warriors go solo into your group.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Mayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,660

    Default

    CC.. bard? What game are you guys playing.

    Bards probably have the weakest cc out of all rogue callings. You should also not use verse of captivation imo unless you're solo... it will cause immunity and brakes on any damage in a game where everyone aoe spams.

    Maybe you're playing in a very coordinated non-warfront group? I don't get it.

    Pre shared immunity timers I tried using cc as a bard... out of about 100 attempts I don't think it lasted the full duration once. I'm wondering if we're playing the same game.

    If you want cc take rift prison, otherwise I play like I have 0 cc as a bard.
    Last edited by Mayi; 06-16-2011 at 01:47 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    Build:
    Saboteur (0) / Bard (34) / Riftstalker (32)

    Explanation:
    You need 34 Bard for Verse of Captivation.
    You want to have max survivability as a Bard. Believe it or not you will be focused a lot due to low range (20m) so I put 32 points in Riftstalker. I could put less but I rather have 1 free spec that I can move freely around.
    Why saboteur? Because saboteur has insane snare which helps your group quite a lot

    Macro 1:
    #show Verse of Captivation
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Verse of Captivation
    cast Verse of Captivation

    Macro 2:
    #show Rift Prison
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast @mouseover Rift Prison
    cast Rift Prison

    Playstyle:
    Refresh your motifs. Use Codas as required. Use Anthems as required.
    Most important thing is, this build is not meant to to much healing.
    You can heal, but this is not the most important part.
    What you should do is CC and buff your party.
    You heal as support.

    I use Tank sigil for bard.
    I use Guardian Phase most of the time cause I am being focus fired a lot.

    It's always nice to teleport into their group and CC the entire group while some noob warriors go solo into your group.
    i use this spec to do a ton of healing with. usually top or 2nd healing done in a wf.

    cadence -> power chord -> coda of restoration

    keep motifs up, be a tank

    my spec is just a bit different though
    Last edited by generatedname; 06-16-2011 at 01:55 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker Echo8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I've been using a slightly modified version of the above mentioned build for a week or so now:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kqz.xIxcuodozk

    First time I used it I topped heals in scion at 450k with next to no deaths. Love the mobility and I'm not easy to kill, great heals - always top in favor/prestige earned.

    I would definitely recommend giving it a shot.
    Ecko - Dayblind Defiant PvP Addict.
    <Vindicta> New PvP guild is recruiting! - http://www.vindicta.co

  11. #11
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo8 View Post
    I've been using a slightly modified version of the above mentioned build for a week or so now:

    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...kqz.xIxcuodozk

    First time I used it I topped heals in scion at 450k with next to no deaths. Love the mobility and I'm not easy to kill, great heals - always top in favor/prestige earned.

    I would definitely recommend giving it a shot.
    Do you switch from Guardian to Stalker phase if you aren't being focused, or do you just eat the 30% loss in case there's a sudden switch?

    Helpful thread. I'm enjoying Bard a lot, about to hit 50, so this is immensely informative and helpful for me.

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    If you do not want to die, riftstalker up to flashback (32) and rest bard (34). Zero in infil for breakfree. All you really have to do is pay attention to make sure guardian phase and memory capture doesn't get debuffed. If it does, get out of dodge and put it back up. Place a memory capture somewhere out of the way. Spam cadence and motifs till virtuoso is up, then charge in and spam heals. If you take to much damage, flash back to safety. I use it mainly for scion and BG since people are grouped together for max AOE heals and you got great escape abilities with flashback. Flashback can be used while stunned also.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    nice. a teleporting bard. this thread get +1 internets from me. this is a pvp spec i can actually get behind. i will give it a shot.

  14. #14
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  15. #15
    Soulwalker Echo8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Do you switch from Guardian to Stalker phase if you aren't being focused, or do you just eat the 30% loss in case there's a sudden switch?

    Helpful thread. I'm enjoying Bard a lot, about to hit 50, so this is immensely informative and helpful for me.
    I tend to stick to Guardian phase, though I play the build fairly aggressively. I'm mindful about my positioning and always try and keep a way out - though I stick to the frontlines and keep in the mix of things most of the time; which is great if nobody else is doing the same, promotes pushes when they are needed.
    Ecko - Dayblind Defiant PvP Addict.
    <Vindicta> New PvP guild is recruiting! - http://www.vindicta.co

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts