+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 24 ranger 14 bard and ???

Soulwalker

Default 24 ranger 14 bard and ???

So I have a @4 ranger 14 bard and am looking for my 3rd soul I can't decide between NB, RS, or MM..please your opinions will help

Telaran

you, eventually can get all the souls at around level 13 or 14 in Merridian / Sanctum. Your third soul can be w/e you want, there are no cookie cutter specs here. But if it was me, I would say scrap the bard and go deep Ranger build with the second soul as marksMan, and the third soul as a bladeDancer or riftStalker.

That is one of the builds I use, I like it for the added melee capabilities and a couple of the buffs. When someone is sto.Opid enough to get inside your "deadZone" then you should have max combo points up and you can do a quick finishing move to almost guarentee,at least to some degree of better survivability in pvp and pve. I am still new to the game and have no solid evidence to support this, it is just the spec I like and have found success with, plus, imho, half the fun of this game is the ability to individually customize your toon, spec wise.

There is to my knowledge one very good "cookie cutter" spec and that is here in the Rogue forums from a very well known and solid gamer named Sozu...I think.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Devildogg View Post
    you, eventually can get all the souls at around level 13 or 14 in Merridian / Sanctum. Your third soul can be w/e you want, there are no cookie cutter specs here. But if it was me, I would say scrap the bard and go deep Ranger build with the second soul as marksMan, and the third soul as a bladeDancer or riftStalker.

That is one of the builds I use, I like it for the added melee capabilities and a couple of the buffs. When someone is sto.Opid enough to get inside your "deadZone" then you should have max combo points up and you can do a quick finishing move to almost guarentee,at least to some degree of better survivability in pvp and pve. I am still new to the game and have no solid evidence to support this, it is just the spec I like and have found success with, plus, imho, half the fun of this game is the ability to individually customize your toon, spec wise.

There is to my knowledge one very good "cookie cutter" spec and that is here in the Rogue forums from a very well known and solid gamer named Sozu...I think.
    Bard is a great accompaniment to Ranger. I figured that with the tremendous versatility of the Rift soul system that people wouldn't have gravitated QUITE so quickly to "standard" cookie-cutter builds. How disappointing.

I guess it never occurred to you that the OP might ENJOY the playstyle of Ranger/Bard? That his question was what should be the THIRD soul? No, you felt the need, like every-other unoriginal, dull robot gamer, to tell him to switch completely to something you were more familiar with.

This game is wasted on people like you - go back to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by jeatonm View Post
    Bard is a great accompaniment to Ranger. I figured that with the tremendous versatility of the Rift soul system that people wouldn't have gravitated QUITE so quickly to "standard" cookie-cutter builds. How disappointing.

I guess it never occurred to you that the OP might ENJOY the playstyle of Ranger/Bard? That his question was what should be the THIRD soul? No, you felt the need, like every-other unoriginal, dull robot gamer, to tell him to switch completely to something you were more familiar with.

This game is wasted on people like you - go back to WoW.
    and in raids, dont even think about it, melee bard or nothing.
    very very disappointing indeed.
    I like the ranger bard for soloing, incredible survivability and fun to play.

To the OP; my ranger bard has 10 points in mm. Because melee dps pisses me off.
    Funny when I get "the almighty melee rogue" standing there watching me grind the stillmoor castle "group" mobs with no stopping between pulls. Or thinking I might need help ..then he dies LOL.

+ Reply to Thread