+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riftblade/Paladin sword and board pvp - How has it worked for you?

Shadowlander

Default Riftblade/Paladin sword and board pvp - How has it worked for you?

So I've seen Taugrim's blog, and he does great with his spec in pvp, but while people constantly talk about his blog, and him, I've never seen people talk about their own personal experiences with this spec. So I'm wondering, what are your thoughts on his build, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...d.E0czoM.xLo0o , and what are your experiences with using it

Shadowlander

i liek how this is in the rogue forum.

Anyway, i play with this particular spec somewhat and its a bit "meh". I dont know if its my valor or not, but im standin at 488 with the chest enchant, rank4 gear mostly.

Its alright and does well if you know what you're doing, managing your cd's correctly and not wasting them when DR is makin everyone immune, lol. :>

the touch of life is a godsend in 1v2 and even 1v3.. (without a healer ofc, lol) ...

but overall, a nice spec with plenty of good tools but to be used for mostly critical moments in fights. Once you master that, you can be unstoppable.

But then again, against a good player, fights can be uneven. And all those "Zerg" moments, this spec is a bit poor when it comes to aoe to be honest. Its a healer-wrecker at its finest, lacking only some from voidknight. Stay on the healer with this spec and that zerg you are figthing with might win.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftotron View Post
    So I've seen Taugrim's blog, and he does great with his spec in pvp, but while people constantly talk about his blog, and him, I've never seen people talk about their own personal experiences with this spec. So I'm wondering, what are your thoughts on his build, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...d.E0czoM.xLo0o , and what are your experiences with using it
    The spec is nice but I have a huge problem with it: way too much power starvation. While leveling, you kill a mob easy and fast but if you imediately pull another you will mostly autoattack it. Becomes really annoying after a while. Amf in pvp, if you tackle a melee cleric, he will beat you because once you're out of "steam" you will be doing 0 damage to him.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-16-2011 at 02:10 AM.

Wrong forum. Also, the two prior responders don't seem to be playing the build properly at all.

Rift Disciple

I've played with a few of his builds, and despite ^^'s reply, no idea what hes fighting, but after a chain of mobs (2-3) while solo you are drained of energy.

Honest opinion, I started out as a rogue, switched to warrior for tank/pvp, got the warrior to 50+ and came back to rogue.

Rogue really is a solid class. I can't bear to log in my warrior except to craft something after getting my rogue to 50.

Simple stated: the rogue is a fun class to play. The warrior class is boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbird View Post
    i can't heal through stupid.

+ Reply to Thread