+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer Cooldown DPS Build

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Bladedancer Cooldown DPS Build

So I got to wondering if there was a way to use the more of the rhythmic cooldowns available to Bladedancers. Dualism looks especially great, with double striking Quick/Precisions every other attack. However, I can't see filling out the entire tree due to the many non-dps skills you end up taking. I put together the following spec based on these thoughts:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...soohdz.0VRcxod

Macros:

#show Puncture
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast Puncture
    cast Precision Strike

#show Backstab
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast Reprisal
    cast Backstab
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike
    cast Weapon Barrage (or not, depending on need to interrupt)

#show Precision Strike
    suppressmacrofailure
    cast Precision Strike
    cast Reprisal
    cast Quick Strike
    cast Keen Strike

The normal rotation is:
    Expose -> Assassinate -> Puncture -> Backstab -> Deadly
    KPQ type spam -> Deadly

After I get off a Puncture, I might Blade Tempo -> Dancing Steel. Whenever I put up Double Coup or Dualism, I use that third macro so that I make maximal use of the buffs to Keen, Quick, and Precision Strikes.

I'm in full T2 gear, no T3 at all. Self-buffed, 592 Attack power, 37.56% crit chance (727 physical crit rating). First time I ran this on dummy was 770 DPS. 2nd time is posted below. Third was 780.

For comparison, that's about the same as I do with the 27/18/21 BD/Sin/Nb spec, though I might just not run that spec well.

http://tinypic.com/r/2nqxpup/7
    Last edited by Kurieg; 06-15-2011 at 02:12 PM.

really not fair, during the 1.2 rogue patch we get 1 ability that everyone else makes us OP but pigeonholes us into a min of 13pts in 1 tree (like warriors problem with paragon). seeing the problem they fix warriors by making many of their 51pt talents viable but leave ours 100% useless for dps!

imo all our 51pt abilities need a revamp to make them useful in pve.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokonoso View Post
    really not fair, during the 1.2 rogue patch we get 1 ability that everyone else makes us OP but pigeonholes us into a min of 13pts in 1 tree (like warriors problem with paragon). seeing the problem they fix warriors by making many of their 51pt talents viable but leave ours 100% useless for dps!

As it was, most specs went BD for the hit+Dex+15 energy refund before the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    As it was, most specs went BD for the hit+Dex+15 energy refund before the change.
    most... but the 1.1 highest dps spec didnt even have bd as a 3rd soul (melee ranger) so it def was not necessary like it is now...
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

most... but the 1.1 highest dps spec didnt even have bd as a 3rd soul (melee ranger) so it def was not necessary like it is now...

If I remember the build you are thinking of, it was completely unusable in most actual fight situations.
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

RIFT Guide Writer

Well, without Deadly Strike, going even 40 deep into BD would be pointless.

I'm curious how this build works for some of you in better gear. I'm already liking it now; it's way easier to run than the fiery spike stuff and seems near as good.
    Last edited by Kurieg; 06-15-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurieg View Post
    Well, without Deadly Strike, going even 40 deep into BD would be pointless.

I'm curious how this build works for some of you in better gear. I'm already liking it now; it's way easier to run than the fiery spike stuff and seems near as good.
    Actually, there are only 27 points oyu can get into BD without taking bad points.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Actually, there are only 27 points oyu can get into BD without taking bad points.
    Ya I know that, sorta, but Coup and Dualism are really nice. Being able to keep up a rhythmic ability for much of a fight counters some of the junk you pick up.

Or, at least, that's my current theory.

Sez

Nice thread-hijack Hoko. Haha.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread