+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Melee Greater Essence options?

Shadowlander

Default Melee Greater Essence options?

Hey guys, I've been looking into what my options are for the best DPS Greater Essence for a Melee Rogue. Currently using the BD/NB/Sin Spec. I do have the Necrotic Semblance Greater, but was wondering what everyone thought the best 2nd Essence should be?

I've been using the Vampire Blood, and looking at the Rekindled Flameshard. I have no way of obtaining to test the Flameshard currently, so if anyone has picked it up and has some numbers on it that would be awesome.

In any case, share your thoughts/findings because I could surely use the info!

General of Telara

The +44 Crit one is almost always up, so that one isn't too bad. If/when you are able to farm raid/expert rifts, it'll probably be better to just fill up with 5 or 6 of the lessers.

Take a look at the PTS notes; a lot of the greaters and lessers are getting a boost, particularly the purchased ones. I did find that Strangling Vines on PTS gives +23 crit (instead being in the teens), so this applies to rift drops as well.

I don't know if the changes to the greaters really make them worth more than the lessers, but I'd base my priority on the stats that are going to be here next week. If the +crit greater still grants +44, it's probably a bad choice, as the bought lessers give higher crit than that 100% of the time.

Soulwalker

Rekindled Flameshard is about 30+ dps Raidbuffed, so i think its usefull =)

+ Reply to Thread