+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penetrating Strikes Question.

Shadowlander

Default Penetrating Strikes Question.

The Penetrating Strikes talent, tier one in the Infiltrator soul, states: "Increases armor penetration against players by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Now mabye it's just me but that sounds a bit ambiguous. Does that mean you automatically ignore 10% of a players armor just speccing into it? Or does that mean it only increases any armor penetration you get from gear by 10%, meaning it grants nothing until you acquire armor pen from gear? If the later, what about increasing armor pen from talents, such as penetrating shots from the MM tree?

Prophet of Telara

Doesn't matter. Either way it is pretty weak for 5 points. On mages/rogues, 10% of not very much is not very much. On everything else, 10% of a lot isn't enough to make a considerable difference. This should cost 2 points max.

That being said, it should be 10% of the targets total armor.

Shadowlander

Ok thanks a lot.

I was planning on taking it along with the MM talent Penetrating Shots which gives 20% for a total of 30% from talents. Not sure if there's any armor pen on end game gear or not. Mostly it's for plate wearers in PVP. Realy what I'm after is Knock Knock in the second teir and it seemes like a better choice in talents than 5/5 take cover.

+ Reply to Thread