+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: 24Bard/26BD/16NB PVP Bard: Everything You Need to Know!

  1. #1
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default 24Bard/26BD/16NB PVP Bard: Everything You Need to Know!

    For the record:

    Yes, I did create this build from scratch.

    Yes, it is groundbreaking, gamechanging, and revolutionary.

    No, you did not come up with it before me.

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Damn.

    Not a single bit of flaming yet?

    Where is Dunsparrow?

    Where is Dmv?

  3. #3
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    Damn.

    Not a single bit of flaming yet?

    Where is Dunsparrow?

    Where is Dmv?
    Guess my reputation does not precede me...


    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Blakjak02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    370

    Default

    hmm interesting.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

    Message me in the game if you want to chat...

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Upright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    For the record:

    Yes, I did create this build from scratch.

    Yes, it is groundbreaking, gamechanging, and revolutionary.

    No, you did not come up with it before me.

    Enjoy!
    For the correct record:

    No you didn't.
    No it isn't.
    Many people did.

  6. #6
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upright View Post
    For the correct record:

    No you didn't.
    No it isn't.
    Many people did.
    This is not accurate.

    Don't believe him folks!

    The lies! The slander!

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canadonia
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeranth View Post
    This is not accurate.

    Don't believe him folks!

    The lies! The slander!
    I think he needs to open the 40lbs of ****.

  8. #8
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neykho View Post
    I think he needs to open the 40lbs of ****.
    I think you might be right.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Diay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Where is Sez?

    ;)

  10. #10
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    I enjoyed reading a new post on your blog, I hope you'll keep it up.

    What's the chance of you recording some small footage of this build? I just can't figure out how this would be played to it's optimum.

    Thanks

  11. #11
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marblemoon View Post
    I enjoyed reading a new post on your blog, I hope you'll keep it up.

    What's the chance of you recording some small footage of this build? I just can't figure out how this would be played to it's optimum.

    Thanks
    I've been toying with the idea, but I've never done a shred of video editing, so I will have to see.

    Since I hit R6 yesterday, I will have more time on my hands to learn perhaps.

  12. #12
    Champion Cinerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Wouldn't the 2 points in Improved Blazing Strike be better off in Coup de Grace?

    Might be an idea to get Improved Anthem of Competence (love it for PVP) and drop one point out of Triumphant Spirit.

  13. #13
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinerus View Post
    Wouldn't the 2 points in Improved Blazing Strike be better off in Coup de Grace?

    Might be an idea to get Improved Anthem of Competence (love it for PVP) and drop one point out of Triumphant Spirit.
    Ya, you could certainly argue it.

    The reason Coup de Grace isn't a huge deal to me with this spec is because I generally only use Deadly strike to get Deadly Dance up and Coda of Restoration isn't effected by it, so it's of minimal value unless you play a more melee physical damage dealing style.

    With that being said, I also only occasionally use Blazing Strike on a high armor target.

    Also, this spec is about maxing out Cadence ticks, so for me, the 5% healing > Anthem of Competence.

    But to each their own : )

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    63

    Default

    imo 34 bard, 32 rs, 0 inf is best utility bard spec, cause of rs survivability can do some sweet healing, take oppenent dps which means its not on your heals/dps and do some badass ccing. too bad u can basically do no dps with this spec, but if u about winning a wf this can make the difference if done right and you playing/in the mood to play at a high level oh and if your pug wf isnt completely horrible

  15. #15
    Champion Vaeranth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by equality View Post
    imo 34 bard, 32 rs, 0 inf is best utility bard spec, cause of rs survivability can do some sweet healing, take oppenent dps which means its not on your heals/dps and do some badass ccing. too bad u can basically do no dps with this spec, but if u about winning a wf this can make the difference if done right and you playing/in the mood to play at a high level oh and if your pug wf isnt completely horrible
    I did try a similar built to this, but I just wasn't happy with the healing througput, but you're right - there is decent survivability.

    I loved playing with Memory Capture/Flashback, etc, it can really get you out of a bind.

    The decent thing about the spec in my OP is that that it does give you some room for offensive output via the BD tree, if needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts