+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are bards the hidden gawd class?

Shadowlander

Default Are bards the hidden gawd class?

Why isn't any one complaining about bards?

I read constantly about clerics and chloro mages but what about bards? I have a 49 rogue and got sick of the lack of healers *in warfronts so I thought I would give bard a try...

1- they worst soul ever, seriously some dude rocking out in the middle of a battle is absolutely lame. I literally hide under my desk while I play it worried someone might see me

2- a lute? Really? That's the chosen weapon? Why not drums? Not that it would matter killing people through music is kinda stupid in my opinion... Although polka bands are rank six when it comes to that*

3- I cannot and will not deny the insane survivability of my bard

I have sat there doing noting but rocking out with my lute and managing to keep my entire party up for the majority of the battle. Yes I can die but it's taking a good 3 or 4 players to take me down

So when I can do mass over time radius heals and hit top spot time and time again... Why is no one even considering *this soul to be adjusted? The buffs are instant, the heals are consistent and I'm rarely taken down

I'm lvl 49 no valor all the pts I can put in to bard are in there

Just looking for people's two cents

Yes, it's helpful to have at least one bard in every wf. It's pretty much all I run on my lowbie. Although I'll have to figure out a flag running spec for whitefall.

Plane Touched

People arent complaining because they are to busy complaining about Clerics. Give them time, they will find something

"...But the gods of the Vigil intervened. Their messengers went among the fallen and Ascended the worthy, not for their virtue, but for their MIGHT! In you, they place their faith, their hope and their power. You are our salvation. YOU are a Guardian."

Rift Disciple

Once you hit 50 all will be revealed.
    Griefing - This refers to players who do not play the game as it was intended, but instead seek to harass other players as their main focal point. This includes stalking or attempting to kill another player's character that has no means of recourse within the game. To "grief" simply means that you are trying to negatively impact the game play experience of another player. A player on the opposite faction cannot be griefed. It is perfectly acceptable to take actions in order to get a player of the opposite faction killed using whatever means possible.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Plutoniummmmmm View Post
    Once you hit 50 all will be revealed.
    QFE

Someone below 50 has an opinion!!!

Everyone pay attention!!!

Tell us OP! Tell us how grand the game is for you!

Bright Eyed, bushy tailed... The world is your oyster for now. Enjoy it my friend, enjoy it.
    Last edited by Sez; 06-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Bards are still good at 50. Just situationally good. You need big battles to shine. Try bard for BG and PS and something else (MM, probably) for WF and Codex.

Go to the rogue forums. There are plenty of discussions on bards.

The biggest issue is our heals and cadence do not scale as well as other classes when gear is improved, so a fresh 50 can heal/hit as hard as a full t3 geared bard.

1.3 notes made our one motif silencable, which is good because our Greater Essences and Healing Trinkets can proc off of it.

We are far from the "hidden gawd" class.
    <Retired>

lol 49.

Xsi

Bards stats pretty much don't scale because they are based on Attack Power which does not scale. So in pre-50 PvP, they are definitely up on the power list.

Once you hit 50 and others start gearing up and your bard gears up, you'll notice that your bard doesn't do much better when naked or with gear on.

That being said, in heavy-MM Eradicate spam organized warfronts (and you have a lot of healers), it's very useful to motif spam to counter purge spam.

EDIT: OK, AP scales but nothing worth talking about.
    Last edited by Xsi; 06-15-2011 at 11:07 AM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Soulwalker

LMAO @ level 49 god-mode.... in for a rude awakening in one more level my friend.

The best thing about bard is that if you don't have raid ready gear, you can still join raids by being the token bard.

I just hit 50 and started running PS with my bard spec. I've gotten top favor three times already. Am I winning yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smur View Post
    Why isn't any one complaining about bards?

I read constantly about clerics and chloro mages but what about bards? I have a 49 rogue and got sick of the lack of healers *in warfronts so I thought I would give bard a try...

1- they worst soul ever, seriously some dude rocking out in the middle of a battle is absolutely lame. I literally hide under my desk while I play it worried someone might see me

2- a lute? Really? That's the chosen weapon? Why not drums? Not that it would matter killing people through music is kinda stupid in my opinion... Although polka bands are rank six when it comes to that*

3- I cannot and will not deny the insane survivability of my bard

I have sat there doing noting but rocking out with my lute and managing to keep my entire party up for the majority of the battle. Yes I can die but it's taking a good 3 or 4 players to take me down

So when I can do mass over time radius heals and hit top spot time and time again... Why is no one even considering *this soul to be adjusted? The buffs are instant, the heals are consistent and I'm rarely taken down

I'm lvl 49 no valor all the pts I can put in to bard are in there

Just looking for people's two cents
    here ya go some info about what a bard really is and no, no drums...........

A bard is a storyteller, poet, and usually musician, specifically from the Gaelic traditions of England, Scotland, and Ireland. The role of the bard is present in many cultures, however from the dalang in Indonesia to the griots of Western Africa. Throughout history, the bard has been associated with spiritual power and even magic, as well as with preserving the history of a culture and explaining the origins of the natural world.

The term "bard" comes from an early Gaelic word that roughly translates as "to sing praise." Originally, the term had a derogatory meaning, depicting a wastrel or transient singer. As bardic tradition in the Celtic world progressed, the bard became a source of oral history as well as music and comedy. Some bards could also perform sleight of hand, and worked as all-around entertainers to nobility. Many of the Celtic bards were also the first writers; their few written compositions are most of what we authentically have from the ancient traditions that have not been altered over time.

In West Africa, the griots held a role quite similar to the bards. They served as historians and storytellers, frequently found in company with royal or noble families of Africa. In some African cultures, speech is considered to have tremendous and mysterious powers, so often griots were believed to possess unusual spiritual capabilities. Many traditional African nature legends have been passed down through the tradition of the griots, which still thrives in some places today

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...arrr/bards.jpg

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    lol 49.
    ok seriously, this isnt the first class ive leveled, ive been playing since beta

haveing been shocked at the drastic difference between 49 and 50 i understand things will change.

having said that, ive never played a soul thats been that strong (havent done cleric yet)

my warrior was absoulute garbage when i hit 50 which suck because i loved playing him, it was a good challenge

my mage was fun, but when 50 happened it was a whole different ball game

i dont believe that ill be able to accompolish the same tactics when i hit 50 with my bard, but i think i will be able to walk away from a match feeling like i made a major contribution to the battle unlike my mage and warrior. i come to this assumption simply because of the drastic difference in survivability between the three classes up till now.

i do expect a sudden humbeling experience but unlike my warrior i think ill be able to adapt better, hence why im discussing this

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lanaik View Post
    the bard became a source of oral history as well as music and comedy.
    http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...arrr/bards.jpg
    when my dad told me ghost stories around the camp fire i didnt actually die

i know what a bard is, but i fail to see how a bard in the middle of a battle would manage to actually out last full plate warriors

the class is silly, it never took off in D&D and i believe is a cruel joke from trion due to how good they are

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast