+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is rank 6 worth it?

Shadowlander

Default Is rank 6 worth it?

I've been playing rogue for a few months now. Havent event tried a level 50 in another class. I know all the horror stories like quit and reroll. Just wondering from some of you who are already rank 6 is it worth me putting the time in it?

I'm rank 3 now just got it and I'm trying for the Codex trinket. I've already wasted a lot of time getting almost full t2 and purple essensces in PVE stuff. I like PVE I always lead in DPS. I don't want to waste more and more time if I'm really not going to be happy at rank 6 PVP though. I do decent damage now. But getting 3 shot by mages isnt fun. Fireball 2k Fireball 2k Fireball 2k like it was nothing. I've even been Fulminated twice for 5k.

So tell me seriously no QQ. You think its worth it at rank 6?

Plane Touched

Best advice: just play if it's fun, don't if it's not. R6 is just icing if you get there. I've seen people who grinded to R6 and got burnt out and quit right after. Kind of ironic.

To answer your question... it really depends how much you want it. If you are looking to be a top contender in PvP, then yes - Rank 6 is worth it. If you just play for fun and are semi-casual about it, then just enjoy playing and don't stress yourself too much on r6.

Same goes for PvE. If you are looking to optimize your DPS in a raid environment and are willing to put in the effort and dedication, then I would recommend going for r6. Take a look at the BiS gear spreadsheet and you can see that the r5/r6 items are either BiS or close to it. This will prove true once new tiers come out as well, so being capped at r6 will mean that you will have quicker access to top tiered gear.

Keep in mind, this is relative to how dedicated you are as a player. If you are looking to PvE, but not really in a progression guild or really focused on optimizing in a raid environment to your fullest potential, then I wouldn't worry about it. Same goes for PvP - you'll get r6 eventually if you don't feel the need to grind it out.
    Accomp
    Rogue Officer
    <Overrated> - Seastone[G]
    www.riftisoverrated.com

Founder of RogueRIFT.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyro View Post
    Best advice: just play if it's fun, don't if it's not. R6 is just icing if you get there. I've seen people who grinded to R6 and got burnt out and quit right after. Kind of ironic.
    ya, this happens in every game. You just can't think about "worth it".

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    ya, this happens in every game. You just can't think about "worth it".
    true but rank 6 only worth it for damage reduction. as for weapon nope. you can get better

If you are a non-raider or even only going for 10-mans I suggest getting the R6 weapons. These are the highest dps weapons you'll get outside raiding and for 10-man(s) an upgrade is rather difficult to get.

It does take effort, but after 1.3 it's totally worth it.

34 vs 29.2 1-handers
    44 vs 36 dps gun.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 06-15-2011 at 07:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread