+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We are safe(for now)

Shadowlander

Default We are safe(for now)

From a Dev official Reply

we're not happy with the results of the Valor changes, and will be rolling them back for 1.3.

Him speak about test on pst
    Last edited by sentenza; 06-15-2011 at 08:18 AM.

no one liked the changes (even clerics) as no kills = no favor/prestige = longer grinds.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Ven
    Telaran

I am greatly relieved they say they are NOT doing the proposed Valor changes ... since PTS PvP was just as moronic as we said it would be.

But I have to admit I'm extremely troubled Trion didn't see how stupid it was and wasted developers time and effort to put it in. We all knew how stupid it was just reading it and then it was proven stupid in test.

WTF TRION?

signed: Troubled about the apparent idiocy of Dev Leads at Trion

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    I am greatly relieved they say they are NOT doing the proposed Valor changes ... since PTS PvP was just as moronic as we said it would be.

But I have to admit I'm extremely troubled Trion didn't see how stupid it was and wasted developers time and effort to put it in. We all knew how stupid it was just reading it and then it was proven stupid in test.

WTF TRION?

signed: Troubled about the apparent idiocy of Dev Leads at Trion
    This is my concern. It took all of 5 minutes before people on the forums realized what would happen - and without having to playtest it in game. Why can people who play the game do this, but not the people who design it?

All in all, blanket changes are ALWAYS bad. If they are trying to fix abilities that crit for 6k+ damage in rare circumstances, then address those abilities specifically. Lowering crit damage just brings abilities like that down to 4k(desirable), but makes the rest of us who only crit for around 2k max hit for something more like 1.2k(not desirable). In the end, the classes that hit harder in the first place will still come out on top. Furthermore, it affects classes that rely on crits more than those who have solid base damage, again creating another unintended imbalance.

Sometimes it seems like the Devs are our politicians trying (and failing) to manage monetary policy.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-15-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Sometimes it seems like the Devs are our politicians trying (and failing) to manage monetary policy.
    Oh they are managing it just fine if their intention is to destroy the U.S. economy which it just so happens it is.

Sez

Great, now I have to keep playing this game... Shucks...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

thank god! that valor was pretty BS.

Rift Disciple

So no changes? At all? Or do fresh 50s still get 240 Valor for nothing?

+ Reply to Thread