+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Saboteur Best pvp Build

Default Saboteur Best pvp Build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EmM0EzxkoMz.xb

I find this to be one of the best... However, it lacks survivability, besides blind and foul play from Sin tree there's not much. BUT, this build has insane spike damage. If you find yourself on the back lines without anyone bothering you can just sit there and blow everyone up. However, 1on1 pvp you will probably not live long. Damage over survival.

If anyone has any interesting Sab specs please post.

wow...

No combat survival
    No entangling trap
    No "The Trapper"
    No Improved Spike Charge
    Only 4/5 Remote Clipping
    2 points in Knock Knock, instead of 3 points in Poison Potency.

All in all, this is a very bad PVP spec, and couldn't even double as a PVE spec.

Here's a proper PvP Sab build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VVobEbzkkoz.E
    Last edited by Mav986; 06-15-2011 at 08:43 AM.

^

Edit: As a sab in Dex, PS, or WS, you want to use your traps and landmines pre-emptively on flags or capture points. This hinders anyone trying to complete the objectives. All the while you're staying in stealth nearby, so when that first landmine knocks them up, you can para strike them, proceed to load them up with charges, then use adhesive bomb to kite them as you charge up again.

Another build, is:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...EdtkkRz.xx0M0c

You can swap your third soul around for bladedancer or riftstalker, depending on whether you want the dodge buff, or mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    wow...

No combat survival
    No entangling trap
    No "The Trapper"
    No Improved Spike Charge
    Only 4/5 Remote Clipping
    2 points in Knock Knock, instead of 3 points in Poison Potency.

All in all, this is a very bad PVP spec, and couldn't even double as a PVE spec.

Here's a proper PvP Sab build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....VVobEbzkkoz.E
    jesus....

no silent set up, no barbed trap...

but seriously, you dont think 10 in NB would be better than inf?

Soulwalker

I do like the 51 Sin 15 Inf, 0 Ranger for the range. But can anyone tell me the best rotation for a Sab to put out some amazing DPS

And is there a Macro?

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquo View Post
    I do like the 51 Sin 15 Inf, 0 Ranger for the range. But can anyone tell me the best rotation for a Sab to put out some amazing DPS

And is there a Macro?
    i find it impossible to respond to the above quote without trolling and gaining an infraction...

back on topic. the OPs build can work.. but it is sub-optimal. the thing is, it cna work and only because the one playing it knows how to play... but i would def move many points around, you are losing 15% charge dmg to gain 5/5 cruel vengeance... i dunno if you ever noticed, but in pvp that buff is NEVER up, you can go as low as 0/5 cruel vengeance and not notice a difference. so to start take 3 points from that and put them in poison potency. second it looks like you are a bomber so that is your playstyle so the stuff in sab isnt as needed.. so if you are going full bombs i would drop improved blast charge (useless for a bomber) and pick up combat survival, id also get residual shrapnel as if you are going to load 5 charges it should be shrapnel over any others as a bomber, otherwise pick up improved spike and use it with annihilation bomb.. but it will never work since the dot is easily healed... so i'd drop annihilation bomb all together unless you really like throwing it during carpet bombing then leave it at 1 point and not get the improved version but i always look at this as free DR immunity as 2 sec stun is not large enough for most places to be useful. ur stuff in infiltrator is useless... if you are going there for the break free and armor pen you are wasting your points, you will get more dmg out of poison potency and dropping infiltrator alltogether. the only reason to go infiltrator as a sab is for the stuff on the right side of the tree for more survivability.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Soulwalker

To the poster before me. I was honestly asking for advice, if you have any please do. I find my DPS a bit low and im trying to maximize it. Your help would be very nice to have.

Plane Walker

Need to be rank 4

51 sab, 15 infiltrator (armor piercing line straight up to rank 4), zero bladedancer

Cleanse Soul/ Side Steps make for some decent temporary defense. Break free is a must. Use individual charges first, then use your rapid set up second. It tricks the enemy and gives you the added damage from infilt on the second hit.

Annilihation bomb, carpet bombing, annihilation bomb spam

If not rank 4

51 sab, 15 nightblade, 0 infiltrator (after first 10 points in NB, can really be split any way).

Always bring health potions if you are serious about PvP

This works quite well for me btw, infiltrator is definitely not worthless imo. And cleanse soul is the difference between killing or getting killed by a mage period if you know how to use it.
    Last edited by Elusion; 06-15-2011 at 11:55 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Elusion View Post
    Need to be rank 4

51 sab, 15 infiltrator (armor piercing line straight up to rank 4), zero bladedancer

Cleanse Soul/ Side Steps make for some decent temporary defense. Break free is a must. Use individual charges first, then use your rapid set up second. It tricks the enemy and gives you the added damage from infilt on the second hit.

Annilihation bomb, carpet bombing, annihilation bomb spam

If not rank 4

51 sab, 15 nightblade, 0 infiltrator (after first 10 points in NB, can really be split any way).

Always bring health potions if you are serious about PvP

This works quite well for me btw, infiltrator is definitely not worthless imo. And cleanse soul is the difference between killing or getting killed by a mage period if you know how to use it.
    I completely agree with this in my sab experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    jesus....

no silent set up, no barbed trap...

but seriously, you dont think 10 in NB would be better than inf?
    Silent setup and barbed trap?

Bad troll is bad.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquo View Post
    To the poster before me. I was honestly asking for advice, if you have any please do. I find my DPS a bit low and im trying to maximize it. Your help would be very nice to have.
    sab doesnt need much in the way of macros (at least not in pvp). read what the above poster said, good advice, especially if you find yourself in 1 v 1 fights a lot as rapid setup can make or break you.
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

Honestly, the best Sab build is any 51 Sab. Rapid Set-up is what makes the class work.

No macros needed.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Soulwalker

Wow, it amazes me how little people know of Sabs.

1. Silent setup is pointless. Sure it may make someone's pet not aggro you but if they are a good pvp they know that manually targeting with pets and not leaving it on defense or offense is the way to go. In which case it has no benefits, a total waste of points in pvp.

2. 51 points in sab for quick setup, really now? if you waste 51 points in Sab at this time it's pointless. Sure you get quick setup but you have a cooldown on it which prevent you from spamming it for one. Secondly without the correct skills to enhance damage you would be doing what? 5 charges blow up, then quick setup for 5 charges only to blow up again and take maybe half of their hp, especially if its a tank by which time they will heal anyway if they have a good healer on their team. I do 1 5 charge hit and deal 75% on any class with non tank defense and 50% on tanks (Not including crit).

3. Going for crit may do you some use now, but you should go for pure damage. More effective and not based on chance. A lot of people that play rogues will notice that they will fail especially if they actually go through with this crit reduction in 1.3.

Best advise is experiment. Truth be told the great players are not going to hand down their specs most likely. Especially this early in the game. Also you need to find the one the works best for your play style. Everyone is different. I will say that you will need some kind of survive ability tactics that will keep u alive in tight scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    Silent setup and barbed trap?

Bad troll is bad.

dear god,

please take DaniWes and 1shot.

if you are going to reply to posts, at least read the damn thing.

"but seriously, you dont think 10 in NB would be better than inf?"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    dear god,

please take DaniWes and 1shot.

if you are going to reply to posts, at least read the damn thing.

"but seriously, you dont think 10 in NB would be better than inf?"
    I did, perhaps you should take your own advice? The point is he is looking for a best pvp build for sabs. He needs one unique to his style of playing. We could all state ours but what difference would it make? I've seen people copy a build point for point and still can't do what others do. It's all in your play style. Find something that suits you, just because you take the most damage doesn't mean its the best if you have no survival/defensive skills.
    Last edited by 1shot; 06-15-2011 at 08:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast