+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3rd Soul Debate

Soulwalker

Default 3rd Soul Debate

I currently have my points in Ranger 25 and Bard 12 I do enjoy this spec for its ability to heal and range dps but I am having trouble deciding on a 3rd soul. The Riftstalker looks to be very good for its passive abilities to reduce damage taken, and increase healing effects. The Nightblade has some decent increased attack abilities.
    What does everyone think?

Rift Chaser

I think if you are looking for a third soul to reduce incoming damage when you're a 25 Ranger that perhaps you're the type of player who would be happy with anything, so picking anything would likely suffice.

Telaran

At your level, you'll probably want to focus on continuing to improve your two primary souls, Ranger and Bard. So, when choosing a third soul now, pick what you think offers the best 0-point ability: NB for Fiery Spike in your DPS rotation, Assassin for some easier but less extra DPS with Virulent Poison, or Saboteur for an AoE snare Adhesive Bomb.

Since this is a solo build, you're probably using the pig to tank as your pet. This means, you can just put 26 points into Ranger and stop (make sure you get Hasten Call). If you're using the wolf much, work up to 31 points so you can get the raptor as a better DPS pet. Check some of the ranger guides and get some petcast macros set up for whichever pet you prefer.

Next decide if you'd rather improve your Bard abilities or if you'd rather improve your offensive abilities. If you choose Bard, I'd get up to Coda of Restoration as soon as possible for an easier time keeping your pets alive. If you choose offense, I think NB is the best way to go for your build. Assassin is better if you can afford 17 points but for a Ranger/Bard hybrid, I don't think you can afford that much.

Bard/Ranger actually makes a great level 50 support role. I'd put 32-40 points in Bard, at least 26 in Ranger, and the rest in NB or Sin. This is my latest Ranged Battle Bard but I've gone through a lot of iterations. Hybrid bard builds are great for expert dungeons.

Soulwalker

In addition to Coda of Restoration, other mid-Bard abilities I really like are:

Power Chord
    Riff
    Improved Anthem of Competence

The first two compliment virtually all builds as they can help with spike.
    Last edited by Braed; 06-15-2011 at 08:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread