+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Competitive Sin bleed spec 1.0 Raiding guide w/ macros and rotation

Rift Disciple

Default Competitive Sin bleed spec 1.0 Raiding guide w/ macros and rotation

Introduction

Hello my name is Loyal from belmont, I have been refining this build/spec since 1.2 and now I want to share it with the rogue community to get some (constructive) feedback and for melee rogues that love lots of numbers scrolling on the screen with big numbers as well, and also those bleed rogues that want to be competitive.

Soul Build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....V0xz.Vf0A0s0o

Assassin 32/ Bladedancer 23 / Nightblade 11

Pro's
    - Great target switching damage with bleeds
    - Gap closer and 3 2 combo generators
    - on command survivability
    - fun immersive rotation
    - amazing ST damage on fast burn mobs

Cons
    - very limited range damage
    - difficult and unforgiving rotation
    - melee -_-

Macros

Main macro

#show precision strike
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Weapon Barrage
    cast precision strike
    cast backstab
    cast Keen Strike

Hotkeyed essentials
    Puncture
    Flash of steel
    Impale
    Deadly Strike
    Fiery spike

Temp buff macro

#show slip away
    use words of war
    cast slip away
    cast blade tempo
    (you can put cast poison malice if you want, but it takes a while to gain the energy back to use it and it seems to be a waste of 25 energy)

Rotation

Basically this is a very on the fly rotation. its set in stone for the first 20 seconds then it can turn into a "keep fiery spike up after deadly strike spamfest"

Nice items that increase dps
    -Granite falls compass (defiant side)
    -Words of war (pvp)
    -Icewatch cupcake
    -Elder tablet
    -major energy potion
    -exquisit whetstone
    -Wrathful flame

Before ecounter
    *you can preload 5 sab charges and change specs for a full combo on start. May get patched in for a fix, but it helps.
    equip your granite falls compass and wait for your raid leader to countdown. once he gets to say 3 seconds pop your granite falls compass and switch to words of war (granite doesnt trigger words of war) stealth then proceed to start the fight

Opener
    - Jagged strike -> impale(if you preloaded sab charges) ->fiery spike -> flash of steel ->macro til 5 combo points deadly strike -> fiery spike -> puncture -> main macro til 5 combo -> deadly strike -> fiery spike -> flash of steel -> main macro til 5 combo -> deadly strike

Now at this deadly strike your jagged strike is just now falling off and you have 3 deadly dance's ready. now you use

- Stealth temp macro -> jagged strike (here I use a energy potion) -> puncture -> Fiery spike -> Impale

Rotation

After that above opener ( LOL FUN !) goes into a simple macro mash and ALWAYS do a fiery spike after deadly strike. Try your best to maintain that part as its essential to keeping your dps up. Also try your best to keep puncture after deadly strike as well. Flash of steel is best used to get in and out of melee range quick and always stay on the mob and should mostly be used after an impale.

Parses

I havent saved any parses on this spec, but i have done 1850 on plutonus and this was WITHOUT words of war, granite compass, major energy potion, and Elder tablets. So im VERY confident with those items today ill break 2k+ on plutonus no cypher which ill gladly post on here after raids tonight.

Conclusion

Don't get me wrong here, I am not reinventing the wheel. I am pretty sure this spec has been made, but just not posted about or given away. I love this spec because flash of steel is a cool skill and it allows us to weave in and out of melee bad stuff while maintain very decent numbers. So you guys get out and test this spec. Please keep the feedback CONSTRUCTIVE. I don't flame back so dont waste your time trying to bring me or this spec down.
    Last edited by whokilledken; 06-15-2011 at 05:41 AM.

edit 2:waiting for the parse after tonights raid :P

What are your stats?

Have you compared this to a 27BD/21NB/18Assassin spec?

Thanks

Also what happens when your pre-fight setup gets nurfed? Then what does that do to your DPS? If this out parses all other mele builds because of that I'm sure there will be a quick fix to it.
    Last edited by Artus; 06-15-2011 at 05:58 AM.
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

Telaran

puncture macro til 5 combo deadly strike -> fiery spike flash of steel macro til 5 combo deadly strike

macro's not listed. hoping to try this out.
    WoW’s design and culture encourage you to ask the question:
    What job do I want to do today? Okay, what tools do I want to use to do it?
    City and Rift have a design that encourages you to ask:
    What toys do I want to play with today?
    quoted from l2pnoob
    try to remember how to play. Play man, just Play. like, mud pies and hot wheels.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Artus View Post
    edit 2:waiting for the parse after tonights raid :P

What are your stats?

Have you compared this to a 27BD/21NB/18Assassin spec?

Thanks

Also what happens when your pre-fight setup gets nurfed? Then what does that do to your DPS? If this out parses all other mele builds because of that I'm sure there will be a quick fix to it.
    Ah thanks, ill post my unbuffed stats in a second. Im assuming your talking about precharging as sab and switching. IF that gets fixed. the rotation would easily change to

-> Jagged strike -> macro -> fiery spike -> impale then proceed.

Plane Walker

If you apply fiery spike after every finisher you will get a non-DD buffed FS every time you use impale. To avoid this you can do Puncture>Flash of Steel>Fiery spike>Impale>Backstab>Keen>Precision>Keen>Deadly>F iery.

If you cast fiery after using two 2 pt builders you will keep the DD buff and be able to do the next rotation without having to cast fiery at all. In my builds I have dusk but you can just replace that with flash of steel.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by `xell View Post
    If you apply fiery spike after every finisher you will get a non-DD buffed FS every time you use impale. To avoid this you can do Puncture>Flash of Steel>Fiery spike>Impale>Backstab>Keen>Precision>Keen>Deadly>F iery.

If you cast fiery after using two 2 pt builders you will keep the DD buff and be able to do the next rotation without having to cast fiery at all. In my builds I have dusk but you can just replace that with flash of steel.
    Seeing as Impale on a mob lasts 23 seconds (correct me if im wrong) its easy to kinda prejudge when to get that "no fiery spike rotation" off it before hand because the rotation/macros flow very nice to where you will be building up to impale RIGHT as its falling off to keep it on at no downtime. I like how you organized it, but ive always done it on the fly from practice
    Last edited by whokilledken; 06-15-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Sin/BD/Ranger?

I've been thinking something like this as a bleed focused Sin build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0M.Vi0A0s0o0b

Only recently hit 50 (just now really...) so don't have the gear to test it out or anything, but I reckon the +5% crit, somewhat workable ranged damage, pred instincts (even though its only ~50 AP) and extra hit & vivacity talents in BD tree would make up for fiery spike & 15% combo & finishers?

As I said, not sure how much the extra ranged damage would help in a raid situation as I've not raided yet, and the extra BD hit is good for me as I'm still working towards getting to the cap with my gear. Just never been a fan of nightblade tbh, so I figured I'd work up a sin build without it as I enjoy melee much more than ranged.

What do you guys reckon? Workable? Or better off just going NB instead of Ranger?

Also, why is quick strike not in your normal macro?

- Paulos

Poison Malice is a waste of energy for anybody using hellfire blades (everybody smart).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by enigma5188 View Post
    I've been thinking something like this as a bleed focused Sin build.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...V0M.Vi0A0s0o0b

Only recently hit 50 (just now really...) so don't have the gear to test it out or anything, but I reckon the +5% crit, somewhat workable ranged damage, pred instincts (even though its only ~50 AP) and extra hit & vivacity talents in BD tree would make up for fiery spike & 15% combo & finishers?

As I said, not sure how much the extra ranged damage would help in a raid situation as I've not raided yet, and the extra BD hit is good for me as I'm still working towards getting to the cap with my gear. Just never been a fan of nightblade tbh, so I figured I'd work up a sin build without it as I enjoy melee much more than ranged.

What do you guys reckon? Workable? Or better off just going NB instead of Ranger?

Also, why is quick strike not in your normal macro?

- Paulos
    Nightblade offers

Melted skin - 5% bonus damage
    -15% generators
    -15% finishers
    -hellfire blades
    -fiery spike

I think that outweighs Ranger by a big margin. this build runs off Deadly dance(105% damage increase to 3 combo generators) so why not give it 15% more? Fiery spike does the most damage on a parse for me. because its always ticking for 575 damage throughout the entire fight

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SrFamine View Post
    Poison Malice is a waste of energy for anybody using hellfire blades (everybody smart).
    yeah i just recently took it out and will be testing it tonight. Seems to eat up alot of energy since blade tempo also costs 25 energy. So im sure ill parse a bit higher without it since ill be using my stealth temp buff with 25 more energy

Telaran

Default very nice

playing the spec like a doped monkey (pretty complicated opener lol)
    mostly t1 except for
    random drop belt from gsb
    blue t2 shoulders
    blue crafted pants i got when i hit 50

864 dps over 10 minutes on dummy.

very satisfactory, sir. very satisfactory.

so much more fun than my sab build for sure lol.
    quoted from l2pnoob
    try to remember how to play. Play man, just Play. like, mud pies and hot wheels.

Telaran

oh, one more thing. after the opener, do you try to keep impale up? or only when you get to the slipaway part?
    quoted from l2pnoob

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyoji View Post
    so much more fun than my sab build for sure lol.
    Blasphemy!

Oh and OP... You mention using Granite Falls Compass at the start of the fight and then switching to Words of War. You can do the same thing with all of the various clicky trinkets. I have Maelow's Loaded Dice and some blue trinket from normal CC that each have the "On use: Gain X AP for 30 seconds" and if I'm in the mood I'll pop both of them before switching to my Shard of Planes as we pull. I'd be careful doing it as a non-saboteur because starting the fight with a huge DPS burst might cause aggro issues. As a Sab though, I incriminate my first rotation anyways so doing even more damage at the start of the fight actually helps the tank hold aggro easier.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyyoji View Post
    oh, one more thing. after the opener, do you try to keep impale up? or only when you get to the slipaway part?
    yes you do

once i master this spec i plan to post a plutonus parse with it, im just super lazy when it comes to rotations and perfer a spam macro which lowers my dps by 50-100+ and this spec is terrible for one of those due to using impale and deadly strike vs just deadly strike.

tonight i may try my super duper bd ranger hybrid 1 button macro spec since im hoping spotters order puts it above the 27bd spec (while using spam macros vs a proper rotation) since i dont do proper rotations .
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast