+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Questions about Bard (and other souls) ability/talent interactions

Shadowlander

Default Questions about Bard (and other souls) ability/talent interactions

NOTE: Yes, a literal read of the talent descriptions below provides an "obvious" answer to these questions. But watching Warlord:Spotter's Call trigger effects from Battlefield Awareness (which a literal read indicates wouldn't happen) drives me to ask these questions (at the risk of ridicule).

Bard:Coda of Restoration.

This ability is a finisher, but does healing instead of damage. Do abilities/talents that affect the damage of finishers also affect the healing provided by this ability? Specifically, I'm curious about Nightblade:Coup de Grace (+3-15% damage to finishers). Does this increase the healing output for CoR?

This ability is single target, but affects multiple ally targets. If the ability target is under the affect of an Assassin:Lethal Poison proc (+5% critical hit chance against target), does this apply to the critical heal chance for this ability?

Thanks in advance,
    Gnilbert

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Gnilbert View Post
    Bard:Coda of Restoration.

This ability is a finisher, but does healing instead of damage. Do abilities/talents that affect the damage of finishers also affect the healing provided by this ability? Specifically, I'm curious about Nightblade:Coup de Grace (+3-15% damage to finishers). Does this increase the healing output for CoR?

This ability is single target, but affects multiple ally targets. If the ability target is under the affect of an Assassin:Lethal Poison proc (+5% critical hit chance against target), does this apply to the critical heal chance for this ability?
    1. That nightblade ability does not affect Coda of Restoration. The ability enhances the damage of finishers, not the healing of finishers. Since CoR does no damage, it is not affected. Tested and confirmed.

2. The above still applies. Since CoR is not an ability that affects an enemy, it is not enhanced. I haven't tested this myself but I'm 99% sure my answer is correct.

As such, CoR does not proc Heat Retention, meaning if you just spam Cadence, it will tick up to 5 stacks and never be consumed as long as you don't use a "real" finisher.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnilbert View Post

Thanks in advance,
    Gnilbert
    1. No. This has been tested and asked about many times. This nightblade talent only affects damage finishers. Not worth investing the points unless you want to DPS as a bard.

2. No. Coda of Restoration is a healing finisher despite needing to maintain targeting the enemy that holds your combo points. As is, the only thing that affects Coda of Restore is attack power and upgraded weapon (either main hand melee or ranged). Far as the attack power, you need a ton to make even a few points more difference.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread