+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Trinket and Bard

Default PvP Trinket and Bard

Lately the rogues and warriors of my guild have been grinding the Codex to get that 250AP trinket. I've been contemplating doing this and have wondered if any other bards have used this trinket during raids in place of the two healing trinkets (which I use during raids).

With the bard scaling problem I don't see having the trinket that beneficial.

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Thanks
    <Retired>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    With the bard scaling problem I don't see having the trinket that beneficial.
    You have answered your own question? :P

Eh true, but I was wondering because the healing trinkets only do like 3% of my HPS. Was wondering if anyone had any solid data to show the difference.
    <Retired>

Few numbers to see the scaling:
    • Cadence crit tick
    • Cadence crit tick with Coda of Distress
    • Cadence crit tick with Coda of Distress and Motif of Bravery
    1) No Deadly dance buff, no trinket

2) Deadly dance buff, no trinket

3) Trinket, no deadly dance

4) Trinket and Deadly dance used

Coda of Restoration:
    • 960 without Trinket
    • 1004 with trinket

*I didn't have Fanfare of Power buff in any of these tests cause I forgot to buff myself with it and I couldn't be arsed to wait for 2min CDs on Whispered Silence.

*All in all I think it is better then Sacred Heirloom of Eth at the moment due not being so random. You can use the trinket when it is actually needed.

EDIT: I don't know how it will be in 1.3 since Motif of Regeneration will be able to proc the healing trinket.
    Last edited by joker225; 06-14-2011 at 10:35 PM.

There is a trinket that on heal has a chance to heal 3 nearby players for 700 I think. This is probably the best. Another trinket that I recently got has a chance to raise the person healed endurance by 40. I like this trinket especially for big fights like in port scion. Raises everyone's max hp by about 400 hp, coupled with crystal vine and deep on tear makes for amazing support.

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    There is a trinket that on heal has a chance to heal 3 nearby players for 700 I think. This is probably the best. Another trinket that I recently got has a chance to raise the person healed endurance by 40. I like this trinket especially for big fights like in port scion. Raises everyone's max hp by about 400 hp, coupled with crystal vine and deep on tear makes for amazing support.
    I explained above why I think Sacred Heirloom of Eth (3 players 700 heal) is weaker.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

I don't bother to use the Codex trinket. Albeit it upgrades your Cadence and Wrath dmg during that period (it's a significant amount of AP that you will notice the difference,) you will have downtime to activate the trinket again.

That and you have forgotten to mention the Spirit Wolf Totem from expert King's Breach. It's a nice trinket to use.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by VampiricDemise View Post
    I don't bother to use the Codex trinket. Albeit it upgrades your Cadence and Wrath dmg during that period (it's a significant amount of AP that you will notice the difference,) you will have downtime to activate the trinket again.

That and you have forgotten to mention the Spirit Wolf Totem from expert King's Breach. It's a nice trinket to use.
    I personally prefer SWT over Shoe. Although it doesn't give direct healing it gives the raid an extra hot, as usually other healers in the raid don't have this trinket :J Also it doesn't depend on my position as the SWT can proc of any heal that reaches other players.
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 06-15-2011 at 07:09 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    I personally prefer SWT over Shoe. Although it doesn't give direct healing it gives the raid an extra hot, as usually other healers in the raid don't have this trinket :J Also it doesn't depend on my position as the SWT can proc of any heal that reaches other players.

;) I use the Wolf Totem too personally. I feel it procs more frequently over the Heirloom. Double HoT greaters + Wolf = lots more green numbers for the screen.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Well it all depends on what you need.
    Do you need a steady healing/damage over a longer period of time or do you need
    burst healing/damage in a small amount of time.

Again, as I said.
    I prefer the PvP trinket due to the fact that most raids require a burst healing/damage over a small period of time.
    Of course not all bosses.

+ Reply to Thread