+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help me kill Warriors!

Question Help me kill Warriors!

I need a spec specificly designed to kill warriors, i'm tired of getting ***** repeatedly by them. I mostly play Sin, MM, or NB. Mainly the cookiecutter specs with those. How ever i get destroyed in MM, and Sin does somewhat well, but lacks any defence and NB has good D, but really lacks in DPS...

I was thinking of a SIN/NB but i'm just not sure, due to Phsy mitigation + Valor.

Does anyone have a spec they can constantly kill warriors with?
    Last edited by Kanabull; 06-14-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

Telaran

It's called zerg spec,

You attack a warrior with 3 other rogues and pray that there is no healer around for them. You may have to wait for at least 1 of your team to respawn each time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trimen View Post

pray that there is no healer around for them.
    That goes for any class, really.
    Last edited by Chomag; 06-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Step 1) Delete rogue.
    Step 2) Reroll cleric/mage.
    Step 3) ?????????
    Step 4) Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham View Post
    Yes, if you need to know, Vespera hit me with a big pointy spiky thing. It was immensely painful.

Shadowlander

51 assasin 15 bd use jagged strike, puncture ,malicious ,impale ,then slipaway and come back with paralyizing strike,deadly strike with only 3 combo points then use a macro this one is mine
    #show savage strike
    cast backstab
    cast puncture
    cast serpent strike
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast savage stike
    and remember to keep your expose weakness up the whole time and if he isn t dead after this then use either that bd dodge buff to give you some more time till nail him or the run buff to get away
    i also like to use a 0 point ranger for finishers and range

If you are a marksman, kite. Never get in range of their charges if you do immediately sprint + jump back. Use barbed shot and whatever else like strafe that keeps you on the run. If you kite correctly you will win. If youa re an assassin and a warriors is giving you a hard time us you're jagged strike/impale to bleed them to death. Jagged strike, 5 combo impale with a puncture and slip away. Continue to expose weakness after stealthed, finish them off.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by wickedluck View Post
    51 assasin 15 bd use jagged strike, puncture ,malicious ,impale ,then slipaway and come back with paralyizing strike,deadly strike with only 3 combo points then use a macro this one is mine
    #show savage strike
    cast backstab
    cast puncture
    cast serpent strike
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast savage stike
    and remember to keep your expose weakness up the whole time and if he isn t dead after this then use either that bd dodge buff to give you some more time till nail him or the run buff to get away
    i also like to use a 0 point ranger for finishers and range
    This works up to certain conditions.
    1) He isn't a 51 point RiftBlade
    2) He isn't a tank

The rogues greatest offense is also their greatest weakness. DPS.
    Abilities that return damage upon being attacked can run your HP to sunder.
    - Warlock Armor being one of them (which also heals them for a 30% of the damage done iirc),
    - Water/Icicle Shield (Warden ability),
    - Avatar of the Rift ( 51 point Rift Blade ablitity which is being buffed in 1.3 more damage and will be affected by AP )

PS - its always a bad idea to mix 30 and 40 energy abilites together as once your energy starved from spamming you'll never use that 40 point until you stop attacking.

I suggest this one but it s up to you really:

#show Poison Malice
    cast poison malice
    cast serpent strike
    cast weapon barrage
    cast reprisal
    cast backstab
    cast savage stike
    cast swift shot / quickshot (If your zero point MM (MM for the speed buff) or Ranger )

In all due honesty you dont want to be relying on Slip Away to kill Warriors all the time, but wickedluck provided the best strategy to do so when its a 1 v 1 situation.

If anything you'd want to open up with Jagged Strike -> Puncture -> Deadly Dance -> Foul Play
    At this stage all your off GCD attacks should be up, from here you just want to get behind and spam your macro. you'll have several attacks going off in one 1.5 seconds - This is your burst -> Potentially 1.5k to 1.8k DPS (Quote me on that - test it on a dummy if you want)
    By the time you've mashed your macro Foul Play would of worn off and Poison Malice would be up for you to return damage for when he attacks. From here its just a game of who crits the most or you could get your last 2 points Deadly Strike and kite him with a range attacks. Swift Shot does 7XX crits with the Deadly Strike buff | whatever you fancy.

The BD avoidance buff is awesome for when you want to 2 v 1. I often pop it just before I break stealth. That way if my burst is successful, the buff will still be up and Blood fest will be healing me for damage that managed to slip through.

Pyro's hate this build, once you get familiar with it you'll be surprised with what you can pull off, alone.

Edit: Against other builds I never use Paralysing strike its always Opening with Assasinate - the damage it does now with 1.2 is arguably better than other openers. 1k out of anyone's health is a chunk out of anything with a health bar.
    If you do Slip Away with a Deadly Dance Buff. Always Always use Assasinate. Im only T2 gear'd and I've hit 2.8k on numerous occassions. Against warriors expect a 20%- 30% decrease in overall damage.
    Last edited by iMohr; 06-15-2011 at 01:56 AM.

51 sin or 44 nb build will do the trick vs any non 51 riftblade build. don't beat yourself up over riftblades since IMO avatar of the rift is rather OP. mm would probably be best for 51 riftblades and tanks. in warfronts you generally want to ignore tanks since you wont kill them before they get back up.

ps. don't use weapon barrage in a macro.
    Last edited by Octavian2011; 06-15-2011 at 02:23 AM.

51 Sin / 15 NB

Jagged Strike, Foul Play, Puncture, Impale, Serpent Strike, Slip Away. If he's not nearly dead yet wait for a few seconds, use Paralyzing Strike, Backstab, Deadly Strike, Serpent Strike.

If the warrior has more than 8k health they are usually tank specced and very hard to kill, same applies if they have a shield. If this is the case in the open world (rare), just don't try.
    If this is the case in a warfront (common) bring a friend.

ps: Sidesteps
    Last edited by DaniWes; 06-15-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

MM = win
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

use any of your tools necessary to keep them off you

While you have them at a distance, keep running away from them while spamming crippling shot/swift shot/barbed shot/and finishing with hasted shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

44 nb, once is scourge is up they go bye bye, unless they are riftblades...

Ryb
    Soulwalker

51 sin / 15 inf and l2p

Thanks everyone, looks like i'll go back and try the 51 sin again. I've just been trying all different specs and they usualy end up the same....me respawning.

Thanks for the extended explaination iMohr !

Hopefully i'll be able to shove the rising waterfall up there ***!

Quote Originally Posted by Naronas View Post
    Step 1) Delete rogue.
    Step 2) Reroll cleric/mage.
    Step 3) ?????????
    Step 4) Profit.
    I have a mage, that i quit playing because champs(before the nerf) were pushing my **** in even worse. Now ever since i got my rogue to 50, i havent even thought about playing on my mage. the rogue class is just to fun, and has so many different options. It suits my play style more! (stealthing up and crying were no one can see me)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast